|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is rude.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library staff is unintelligent.
(d) That the library is understaffed.
2. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
(a) 16 children.
(b) 24 children.
(c) 32 children.
(d) 40 children.
3. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the movie theater.
4. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
(a) At a motel.
(b) In the library.
(c) In his own home.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
5. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kafka's father?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
4. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
5. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
2. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
3. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
4. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
5. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
6. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
7. How does Nakata react to Johnny Walker's request to kill him?
8. What is Goma?
9. What hypothesis does Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama make about what happened to the school children in the woods?
10. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)