|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Manga Tamura.
(b) Franz Tamura.
(c) Yoshi Tamura.
(d) Koichi Tamura.
2. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(b) Lost keys.
(c) Hidden treasure.
(d) His way home.
3. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
(a) An elderly black man.
(b) A white tabby cat.
(c) Two school children.
(d) Two business women.
4. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
5. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Edamame Library.
(b) Komura Library.
(c) Makata Library.
(d) Chiba Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose photograph does Kafka take with him when he runs away from home?
2. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
3. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
4. What does Sakura do for a living?
5. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
2. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
3. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
4. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
5. What does Kafka steal from his father before he runs away from home?
6. In what situation is it possible for a body and soul to become separated without the body dying?
7. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
8. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
9. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
10. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)