|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
2. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A painter.
(d) A writer.
3. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
(a) Soseki woods.
(b) Kochi woods.
(c) Botchan woods.
(d) Yakumo woods.
4. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
5. What is Nakata's favorite food?
(a) Sea urchin.
(c) Frog legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prophesies that fish will fall from the sky?
2. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
3. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
4. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
5. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
2. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
3. What realization does the white cat, Otsuka, make about Nakata?
4. What happened to the man that Mrs. Saeki fell in love with as a teenager?
5. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
6. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
7. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
8. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
9. What information does Kafka provide to Sakura about his sister?
10. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)