|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Makata Library.
(b) Komura Library.
(c) Edamame Library.
(d) Chiba Library.
2. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A student.
(c) A runaway.
(d) A millionaire.
3. What is Kafka's last name?
4. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In China.
(c) In Vietnam.
(d) In Burma.
5. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Kafka spend unattended at Oshima's cottage?
2. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
3. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
4. Which of the following characters coins the phrase "spirit projection" in regards to the trance-like children?
5. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Kafka provide to Sakura about his sister?
2. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
3. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
4. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
5. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
6. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
7. How does Kafka react to the presence of the young woman's spirit in his bedroom?
8. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
9. How does Kafka negotiate a cheaper rate at the hotel where he is staying?
10. What is Goma?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)