|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nakata when his mentor died, closing the shop where they both worked?
2. Who prophesies that fish will fall from the sky?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
3. After Nakata murders Johnny Walker, what changes about him?
(a) He can no longer understand cats.
(b) He is suddenly wealthy.
(c) He is no longer illiterate.
(d) He gets his memory back.
4. Which of the following statements best describes Kafka's physicality?
(a) He looks younger than his age.
(b) He looks exactly like his mother.
(c) He looks exactly like his father.
(d) He looks older than his age.
5. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
2. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
3. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
4. What did the elementary school teacher use to wipe away her blood while out with the children in the woods?
5. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
2. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
3. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
4. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
5. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
6. What happened to the elementary school teacher and her class in November, 1944?
7. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
8. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
9. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
10. What does the elementary school teacher admit is the truth of what happened to Nakata in the woods?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)