|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) The clearing in the woods.
(b) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
(c) A religious shrine.
(d) The edge of the ocean.
2. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Komura Library.
(b) Chiba Library.
(c) Edamame Library.
(d) Makata Library.
3. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
4. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
5. What does Nakata claim is the only joy in his life?
(a) The thrill of a mystery.
(b) The love of the church.
(c) The company of cats.
(d) The comfort of a good book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Goma?
2. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
3. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
4. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
5. What is the name of the shy man who helps Nakata onto the train and gets him headed in the right direction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
2. What realization does the white cat, Otsuka, make about Nakata?
3. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
4. Why does Colonel Sanders bring Hoshino to the religious shrine?
5. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
6. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
7. What happens when Crow encounters Johnny Walker in the enchanted woods?
8. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
9. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
10. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)