|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Kafka spend unattended at Oshima's cottage?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In China.
(c) In Burma.
(d) In Vietnam.
3. What type of animal is Goma?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fish.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
4. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the countryside.
(b) In the town.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the city.
5. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nakata murders Johnny Walker, what changes about him?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the man who calls himself Johnny Walker?
3. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
4. What is Kafka's last name?
5. What did the elementary school teacher use to wipe away her blood while out with the children in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
2. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
3. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
4. How does Kafka spend his first day of freedom in the city?
5. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
6. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
7. What happened to the man that Mrs. Saeki fell in love with as a teenager?
8. What information does Kafka provide to Sakura about his sister?
9. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
10. What does the elementary school teacher admit is the truth of what happened to Nakata in the woods?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)