|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters coins the phrase "spirit projection" in regards to the trance-like children?
(a) Setsuko Okamochi.
(b) Doctor Juichi Nakazawa.
(c) Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama.
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
2. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
3. Who prophesies that fish will fall from the sky?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
4. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is running away from home.
(c) She is heading back to college.
(d) She is going to visit family.
5. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
(a) An ageist.
(b) A racist.
(c) A classist.
(d) A sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kafka's last name?
2. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
3. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
4. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
5. What does Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama conclude happened to the children in the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
2. What happened to all of Nakata's money after he lost his job?
3. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
4. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
5. What information does Kafka provide to Sakura about his sister?
6. How does Kafka spend his first day of freedom in the city?
7. Who is Sakura?
8. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
9. In what situation is it possible for a body and soul to become separated without the body dying?
10. What hypothesis does Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama make about what happened to the school children in the woods?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)