|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nakata when his mentor died, closing the shop where they both worked?
2. What is the name of the city that Kafka runs away to?
3. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the movie theater.
(d) At the library.
4. What does Oshima warn Kafka about the woods surrounding his cabin?
(a) It gets very dark.
(b) He does not warn Kafka about the woods.
(c) It is very easy to get lost in them.
(d) It is full of bears.
5. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
(a) She is living in Dubai.
(b) She is adopted.
(c) She was murdered when she was seven.
(d) She is younger than Kafka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Oshima's cabin in the woods?
2. Where was Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend killed?
3. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
4. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
5. What does Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama conclude happened to the children in the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
2. What hypothesis does Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama make about what happened to the school children in the woods?
3. What information does Kafka provide to Sakura about his sister?
4. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
5. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
6. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
7. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
8. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
9. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
10. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)