|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Edamame Library.
(b) Komura Library.
(c) Makata Library.
(d) Chiba Library.
2. Whose photograph does Kafka take with him when he runs away from home?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His own.
3. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
4. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
5. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is rude.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library is understaffed.
(d) That the library staff is unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters claims to have been born with both female and male genitalia?
2. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
3. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
4. What is Kafka's last name?
5. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
2. How does Johnny Walker entice Nakata to kill him?
3. In what situation is it possible for a body and soul to become separated without the body dying?
4. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
5. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
6. What are the themes of the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
7. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
8. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
9. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
10. How does Kafka spend his first day of freedom in the city?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)