|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the elementary school teacher use to wipe away her blood while out with the children in the woods?
(d) Her socks.
2. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Koichi Tamura.
(b) Manga Tamura.
(c) Yoshi Tamura.
(d) Franz Tamura.
3. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
4. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is rude.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library is understaffed.
(d) That the library staff is unintelligent.
5. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
2. What is the first place Kafka visits when he has successfully run away from home?
3. What request does Johnny Walker make of Nakata?
4. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
5. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny Walker entice Nakata to kill him?
2. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
3. What happened to the elementary school teacher and her class in November, 1944?
4. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
5. What hypothesis does Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama make about what happened to the school children in the woods?
6. What does Kafka steal from his father before he runs away from home?
7. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
8. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
9. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
10. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)