Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In China.
(c) In Burma.
(d) In Vietnam.
2. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
3. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is unintelligent.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library is understaffed.
(d) That the library staff is rude.
4. Which of the following short stories by Franz Kafka does Kafka discuss with Oshima?
(a) The Hunger Artists.
(b) In the Penal Colony.
5. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) The clearing in the woods.
(b) The edge of the ocean.
(c) A religious shrine.
(d) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following books does Kafka read in the hotel room where he is sleeping?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
3. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
4. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
5. What did the elementary school teacher claim to see in the sky right before the children passed out in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colonel Sanders explain his physical form to Hoshino?
2. How does Johnny Walker entice Nakata to kill him?
3. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
4. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
5. Why did Mrs. Saeki first open the entrance stone?
6. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
7. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
8. What does Mrs. Saeki ask Nakata to do with her memoirs?
9. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
10. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)