|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Phenom-Pen.
(b) In Shanghai.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Hong Kong.
2. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(d) Soy beans.
3. What career path made Adolf Eichmann famous?
(a) He was an anthropologist.
(b) He was a psychologist.
(c) He was an architect.
(d) He was a nazi.
4. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
(a) In China.
(b) In Japan.
(c) In Vietnam.
(d) In Burma.
5. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
(c) All of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
2. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
3. How long is the first bus ride on the day that Kafka runs away from home?
4. How does the police officer react when Nakata admits to Johnny Walker's murder?
5. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
2. How does Johnny Walker entice Nakata to kill him?
3. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
4. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
5. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
6. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
7. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
8. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
9. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
10. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)