|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
(a) All of the children.
2. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
3. Which of the following books does Kafka read in the hotel room where he is sleeping?
(a) The Grapes of Wrath.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Catcher in the Rye.
(d) The Arabian Nights.
4. How did the doctors transport the unconscious children away from the site where they fell?
(a) On bikes.
(b) On the back of a pickup.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) On stretchers.
5. What is Kafka's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following short stories by Franz Kafka does Kafka discuss with Oshima?
2. Which of the following characters suggests that Nakata finds the other half of his soul?
3. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
4. How does Nakata react when he sees some bikers beating a man at the truck stop?
5. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
2. How does Kafka negotiate a cheaper rate at the hotel where he is staying?
3. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
4. What happened to the elementary school teacher and her class in November, 1944?
5. What does the elementary school teacher admit is the truth of what happened to Nakata in the woods?
6. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
7. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
8. What does Kafka steal from his father before he runs away from home?
9. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
10. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)