|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) In the library.
(c) In his own home.
(d) At a motel.
2. What is the name of Kafka's imaginary companion?
3. How does Nakata react when he sees some bikers beating a man at the truck stop?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is confused.
4. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, what is he covered in?
5. How long is the first bus ride on the day that Kafka runs away from home?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Six hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
2. What is the name of the cat that was run over by a bicycle and is now a bit slow?
3. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
4. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
5. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
2. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
3. What book did Mrs.Saeki write after collecting interviews?
4. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
5. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
6. What does the elementary school teacher admit is the truth of what happened to Nakata in the woods?
7. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
8. What realization does the white cat, Otsuka, make about Nakata?
9. What are the themes of the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
10. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)