|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) Mixed in with the male authors.
(b) The library carries only female authors.
(c) Above male authors.
(d) Below male authors.
2. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
(a) An afterlife.
(b) A staircase.
(c) A flute.
(d) A jacket.
3. Which of the following animals promises to lead Nakata to Goma?
(a) A large black dog.
(b) A small orange bird.
(c) A fat, bald cat.
(d) A shiny green fish.
4. Who prophesies that fish will fall from the sky?
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
5. Where does Johnny Walker keep the severed heads of the cats he has sacrificed?
(a) On his bookshelf.
(b) In a display case.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the freezer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
2. What did the elementary school teacher claim to see in the sky right before the children passed out in the woods?
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
2. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
3. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
4. What happened to all of Nakata's money after he lost his job?
5. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
6. What is Goma?
7. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
8. What are the themes of the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
9. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
10. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)