|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(a) Soy beans.
2. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
(a) Their hearts.
(b) Their tongues.
(c) Their brains.
(d) Their eyes.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
4. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the town.
(b) In the countryside.
(c) In the army.
(d) In the city.
5. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
2. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
3. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
4. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
5. What does Sakura do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
2. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
3. How does Kafka negotiate a cheaper rate at the hotel where he is staying?
4. How does Nakata react to Johnny Walker's request to kill him?
5. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
6. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
7. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
8. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
9. What happened to the elementary school teacher and her class in November, 1944?
10. What are the themes of the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)