|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters claims to have been born with both female and male genitalia?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
2. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
(a) 24 children.
(b) 40 children.
(c) 16 children.
(d) 32 children.
3. Which of the following characters says that, "Fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions"?
4. What is the name of the cat that was run over by a bicycle and is now a bit slow?
5. How does the police officer react when Nakata admits to Johnny Walker's murder?
(a) He arrests him immediately.
(b) He is confused by the admission.
(c) He ignores Nakata completely.
(d) He does not believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
2. Which of the following animals promises to lead Nakata to Goma?
3. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
4. What activity is Kafka partaking in when Oshima finally returns to take him away from the cottage?
5. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hoshino, and why does he decide to take Nakata on the road with him?
2. What happened to the man that Mrs. Saeki fell in love with as a teenager?
3. Why does Oshima wake Kafka in the middle of the night with a frantic phone call?
4. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Kafka confronts her about the possibility that she is his mother?
5. What does Kafka steal from his father before he runs away from home?
6. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
7. What realization does the white cat, Otsuka, make about Nakata?
8. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
9. How does Mrs. Saeki convince Kafka to leave the world of the deserted village and go back where he belongs?
10. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)