|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the man who calls himself Johnny Walker?
2. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
3. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
4. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
(a) 40 children.
(b) 24 children.
(c) 16 children.
(d) 32 children.
5. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the doctors transport the unconscious children away from the site where they fell?
2. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
3. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
5. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
2. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
3. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
4. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
5. What does Johnny Walker keep stored in his walk-in freezer?
6. How does Kafka spend his first day of freedom in the city?
7. What happened to all of Nakata's money after he lost his job?
8. How does Johnny Walker entice Nakata to kill him?
9. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
10. What complaints do the two serious women make about the library where Oshima and Kafka work?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)