|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) The library carries only female authors.
(b) Above male authors.
(c) Below male authors.
(d) Mixed in with the male authors.
2. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is heading back to college.
(b) She is running away from home.
(c) She is going to a job interview.
(d) She is going to visit family.
3. In which Japanese city does Kafka live?
4. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
(a) Kochi woods.
(b) Yakumo woods.
(c) Soseki woods.
(d) Botchan woods.
5. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, what is he covered in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
2. Where was Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend killed?
3. While sleeping at Oshima's cottage in the woods, where does Kafka sleep at night?
4. What is Nakata's favorite food?
5. Which of the following characters says that, "Fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kafka spend his first day of freedom in the city?
2. How does Kafka react to the presence of the young woman's spirit in his bedroom?
3. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
4. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
5. What note does Sakura leave for Kafka when she leaves for work in the morning?
6. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
7. What warning does Oshima give to Kafka before dropping him off at the cabin in the woods?
8. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
9. What hypothesis does Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama make about what happened to the school children in the woods?
10. How does Kafka react when Sakura begins telling him about her boyfriend, who lives in Tokyo?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)