|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny Walker promise to give to Nakata in exchange for his help?
(a) A bag of gold coins.
(b) His memory back.
(d) Eternal life.
2. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
(a) It's supposed to rain today, make sure you have an umbrella.
(b) Your father is searching for you, be careful!
(c) Lovely to get to know you, please come again!
(d) There were no violent crimes reported in the neighborhood.
3. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Which of the following characters claims to have been born with both female and male genitalia?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
5. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
2. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
3. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
4. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
5. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kafka steal from his father before he runs away from home?
2. What realization does the white cat, Otsuka, make about Nakata?
3. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
4. What happened to the elementary school teacher and her class in November, 1944?
5. What happened to the man that Mrs. Saeki fell in love with as a teenager?
6. How does Kafka react to the presence of the young woman's spirit in his bedroom?
7. What does Hoshino do during the time that Nakata sleeps at their hotel?
8. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
9. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
10. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)