|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Edamame Library.
(b) Chiba Library.
(c) Makata Library.
(d) Komura Library.
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
(a) He is very poor.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) He has no memory.
(d) He is a good swimmer.
3. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He drowns him.
(d) He poisons him.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the man who calls himself Johnny Walker?
5. What does Sakura do for a living?
(a) She is a model.
(b) She is a hairdresser.
(c) She is an elementary school teacher.
(d) She is a librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city that Kafka runs away to?
2. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
3. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
4. Whose photograph does Kafka take with him when he runs away from home?
5. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kafka negotiate a cheaper rate at the hotel where he is staying?
2. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
3. In what situation is it possible for a body and soul to become separated without the body dying?
4. What strange proposition does Johnny Walker make to Nakata?
5. What are the themes of the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
6. What advice does Crow give to Kafka before they run away together?
7. How does the police officer on duty react to Nakata's confession of stabbing a man to death?
8. What regimen does Kafka adopt and exercise everyday that he is away from home?
9. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
10. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)