|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Manga Tamura.
(b) Koichi Tamura.
(c) Yoshi Tamura.
(d) Franz Tamura.
2. Which of the following characters coins the phrase "spirit projection" in regards to the trance-like children?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
(b) Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama.
(c) Setsuko Okamochi.
(d) Doctor Juichi Nakazawa.
3. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
4. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(a) Lost keys.
(b) His way home.
(d) Hidden treasure.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
2. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
3. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
4. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
5. What is the first place Kafka visits when he has successfully run away from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what situation is it possible for a body and soul to become separated without the body dying?
2. What arrangements does Colonel Sanders make for Nakata and Hoshino while the police are on their manhunt?
3. What unusual prophecy does Nakata make before leaving the police station?
4. What happens with Mrs. Saeki sleepwalks into Kafka's bedroom?
5. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
6. What is Goma?
7. How does Kafka react when he is approached by the Japanese soldiers in Oshima's woods?
8. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
9. What happened to all of Nakata's money after he lost his job?
10. What confession does Oshima make when the stern women accuse him of being misogynistic?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)