|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is going to visit family.
(c) She is heading back to college.
(d) She is running away from home.
2. What activity is Kafka partaking in when Oshima finally returns to take him away from the cottage?
(a) He is sunbathing.
(b) He is cooking.
(c) He is swimming.
(d) He is exercising.
3. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
4. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
5. How did the doctors transport the unconscious children away from the site where they fell?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) On the back of a pickup.
(c) On bikes.
(d) On stretchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
2. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
3. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
4. In which of the following establishments did Nakata invest all of his money?
5. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does Oshima find Kafka when he returns to the cabin to bring Kafka home?
2. What does the elementary school teacher admit is the truth of what happened to Nakata in the woods?
3. What conclusion did Doctor Nakazawa reach after testing the sixteen school children found unconscious in the woods?
4. What happened to the man that Mrs. Saeki fell in love with as a teenager?
5. Who is Sakura?
6. What happens when Kafka wakes from a blackout at a religious shrine?
7. How does Crow react to Kafka's fear when he is alone in the cabin in the woods?
8. How does Kafka negotiate a cheaper rate at the hotel where he is staying?
9. Who is Adolf Eichmann, and what note did Oshima scribble in the margins of his book?
10. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)