Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
(a) Because she was not his real mother.
(b) Because she was afraid of loving him.
(c) Because his father demanded it.
(d) Because she hated him.
3. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
(b) Johnny Walker.
(c) Colonel Sanders.
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
4. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
(b) Johnny Walker.
(d) Colonel Sanders.
5. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
(b) The Spanish Civil War.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) The American Civil War.
6. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
7. How old is Mrs. Saeki's spirit that keeps Kafka company in the deserted village?
(a) Twenty years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
8. What is pachinko?
(b) A gambling game.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A type of sticky rice.
9. What does Colonel Sanders do for a living?
(a) He is a drug dealer.
(b) He is a hit man.
(c) He is a con man.
(d) He is a pimp.
10. Which of the following Greek mythologies is a parallel to Kafka's life?
11. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The religious shrine.
(b) The river.
(c) The woods.
(d) The library.
12. What happens to Mrs. Saeki after Nakata leaves the library?
(a) She is arrested.
(b) She faints.
(c) She dies.
(d) She begins to weep.
13. What is the name of Oshima's only brother?
14. What relationship does Kafka think he has with Mrs. Saeki?
(a) He thinks Mrs. Saeki is his sister.
(b) He thinks Mrs. Saeki is his grandmother.
(c) He thinks Mrs. Saeki is his aunt.
(d) He thinks Mrs. Saeki is his mother.
15. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
(c) Mary Poppins.
(d) The Sound of Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What classical musician is the topic of conversation at the coffee shop that Hoshino frequents?
2. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
3. How long have Hoshino and Nakata spent together by the time Nakato dies?
4. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
5. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)