|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. What is the first thing Nakata requests after waking from his nap?
(b) More sleep.
3. What dream does Kafka have about Sakura when he is lost in the woods?
(a) That he saves her life.
(b) That he marries her.
(c) That he attacks her.
(d) That he kills her.
4. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
(a) People who had unusual animals as pets.
(b) People who had been abandoned as children.
(c) People who had died and come back to life.
(d) People who had been struck by lightning.
5. How does the entrance stone change before it opens?
(a) It begins to disappear.
(b) It grows heavier.
(c) It changes color.
(d) It begins to float.
6. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
(a) He wishes he was smarter.
(b) He wishes he was thinner.
(c) He wishes he was stronger.
(d) He wishes he was better looking.
7. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She kicks Nakata out of her office.
(c) She closes the door for privacy.
(d) She pretends not to know what Nakata is talking about.
8. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
(a) In a garbage dump.
(b) On the Internet.
(c) In his mother's collection.
(d) In the library's collection.
9. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
10. What does Mrs. Saeki claim defines Kafka even though he is very young?
11. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
(a) Colonel Sanders.
(b) Johnny Walker.
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
12. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
13. Who closes the entrance stone?
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
14. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
(a) Because she hated him.
(b) Because she was not his real mother.
(c) Because his father demanded it.
(d) Because she was afraid of loving him.
15. When Mrs. Saeki rests her hand on Nakata's chest, what rushes into him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
2. What is the name of Oshima's only brother?
3. What is the name of the philosopher that the prostitute recites, that Hoshino meets?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Saeki's spirit?
5. Which of the following phrases does Mrs. Saeki use to describe herself?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)