|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
(a) Francois Truffaut.
(b) Claude Chabrol.
(c) Alain Resnais.
(d) Jean-Luc Godard.
2. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A cake shop.
(b) A surf shop.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A tuxedo shop.
3. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The religious shrine.
(b) The woods.
(c) The river.
(d) The library.
4. After Nakata dies, who inherits his ability to understand animals?
(c) The ability is lost forever.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
6. Which of the following characters lies about seeing Kafka in order to protect him from the searching police?
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
7. What is the name of Mrs. Saeki's spirit?
(b) She has no name.
8. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
9. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
(a) Colonel Sanders.
(c) Johnny Walker.
10. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
11. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A handful of arsenic.
(b) A noose.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
12. What does Mrs. Saeki claim defines Kafka even though he is very young?
13. Who is asked to kill evil before it can escape through the entrance stone?
14. Which of the following characters accidentally admits to being from the same area where Kafka's father was murdered?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
15. Who do the police suspect has hired Nakata as a hit man?
(b) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Johnny Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
2. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
3. Where was Kafka's father when he was struck by lightning?
4. What is the name of the philosopher that the prostitute recites, that Hoshino meets?
5. Which of the following spirits frequents Kafka's bedroom while he is sleeping?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)