|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the spirit really belong to that visits Kafka?
(a) His mother.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
2. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
(a) People who had been abandoned as children.
(b) People who had been struck by lightning.
(c) People who had died and come back to life.
(d) People who had unusual animals as pets.
3. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
(a) Alain Resnais.
(b) Jean-Luc Godard.
(c) Claude Chabrol.
(d) Francois Truffaut.
4. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
(a) She kicks Nakata out of her office.
(b) She calls the police.
(c) She closes the door for privacy.
(d) She pretends not to know what Nakata is talking about.
5. What happens to Mrs. Saeki after Nakata leaves the library?
(a) She begins to weep.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She dies.
(d) She faints.
6. What part of Hoshino's body pains him until Nakata fixes it for him?
(a) His spine.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His knees.
(d) He neck.
7. How does Nakata feel after the entrance stone is flipped?
8. Which of the following characters accidentally admits to being from the same area where Kafka's father was murdered?
(d) Mrs. Saeki.
9. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
(a) In the library's collection.
(b) In a garbage dump.
(c) In his mother's collection.
(d) On the Internet.
10. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A pet shop.
(b) A tuxedo shop.
(c) A surf shop.
(d) A cake shop.
11. Where does Kafka embrace Mrs. Saeki for the first time?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the movie theater.
12. Which war does Oshima have a fantasy of fighting in?
(a) Desert Storm.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) The Spanish Civil War.
13. On what day do Nakata and Hoshino arrive at the library?
14. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
(a) His sons.
(b) His parents.
(c) His brothers.
(d) He arranged it himself.
15. Which of the following characters lies about seeing Kafka in order to protect him from the searching police?
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
2. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
3. What does Colonel Sanders do for a living?
4. How old is Mrs. Saeki's spirit that keeps Kafka company in the deserted village?
5. Who closes the entrance stone?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)