|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Hoshino steal the entrance stone?
(a) From a playground.
(b) From a river.
(c) From a religious shrine.
(d) From a cemetery.
2. What classical musician is the topic of conversation at the coffee shop that Hoshino frequents?
3. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) A handful of arsenic.
4. What is the one thing that Hoshino wishes he could change about himself?
(a) He wishes he was better looking.
(b) He wishes he was stronger.
(c) He wishes he was smarter.
(d) He wishes he was thinner.
5. How does the entrance stone change before it opens?
(a) It begins to disappear.
(b) It grows heavier.
(c) It begins to float.
(d) It changes color.
6. What form does pure evil take when it tries to sneak through the entrance stone?
(a) The form of a kitten.
(b) The form of a salamander.
(c) The form of an otter.
(d) The form of a butterfly.
7. What is the first thing Nakata requests after waking from his nap?
(b) More sleep.
8. Which of the following characters lies about seeing Kafka in order to protect him from the searching police?
(b) Mrs. Saeki.
9. Who tells Hoshino that he is "a spirit - neither god not Buddha"?
(b) Colonel Sanders.
(c) Johnny Walker.
10. After Nakata dies, who inherits his ability to understand animals?
(b) The ability is lost forever.
11. What does the word "Kafka" translate to from Czech?
12. Which of the following phrases does Mrs. Saeki use to describe herself?
(a) A mysterious soul.
(b) An incomplete shadow.
(c) A boundless body.
(d) A separated whole.
13. Who closes the entrance stone?
(b) Mrs. Saeki.
14. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
(a) Because his father demanded it.
(b) Because she was afraid of loving him.
(c) Because she was not his real mother.
(d) Because she hated him.
15. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
(b) Johnny Walker.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Colonel Sanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hoshino promise to take Nakata when things blow over with the police?
2. Where was Kafka's father when he was struck by lightning?
3. Which of the following Greek mythologies is a parallel to Kafka's life?
4. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
5. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)