|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the entrance stone?
2. On what day do Nakata and Hoshino arrive at the library?
3. Why does Kafka think his mother abandoned him?
(a) Because his father demanded it.
(b) Because she hated him.
(c) Because she was not his real mother.
(d) Because she was afraid of loving him.
4. How does Mrs. Saeki react when Nakata begs to speak with her about the entrance stone?
(a) She closes the door for privacy.
(b) She pretends not to know what Nakata is talking about.
(c) She kicks Nakata out of her office.
(d) She calls the police.
5. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A tuxedo shop.
(b) A surf shop.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A cake shop.
6. Who is the only other person that Kafka encounters as he is wandering through the woods?
(a) A Japanese soldier.
(b) He does not encounter any other person.
(c) A small, frightened girl.
(d) Mrs. Saeki's spirit.
7. What happens to Mrs. Saeki after Nakata leaves the library?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is arrested.
(c) She dies.
(d) She begins to weep.
8. Which character reminds Kafka that "love is accompanied by sadness"?
9. After Nakata dies, who inherits his ability to understand animals?
(d) The ability is lost forever.
10. Who closes the entrance stone?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
11. How does Nakata feel after the entrance stone is flipped?
12. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
13. Where does Kafka embrace Mrs. Saeki for the first time?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At the movie theater.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the library.
14. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
15. What part of Hoshino's body pains him until Nakata fixes it for him?
(a) His spine.
(b) His knees.
(c) His ankle.
(d) He neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
2. Who do the police suspect has hired Nakata as a hit man?
3. Who arranges for Nakata to stay at a posh apartment while the police are searching for him?
4. What form does pure evil take when it tries to sneak through the entrance stone?
5. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)