|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
(a) Mary Poppins.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
(d) The Sound of Music.
2. Which of the following groups of people disappeared in the woods near Oshima's cabin?
3. Which of the following images is the subject of a painting hanging in Kafka's bedroom at the library?
(a) A girl eating ice cream.
(b) A boy at the beach.
(c) A basket of fruit.
(d) Two kittens with a ball of yarn.
4. What is the first thing Nakata requests after waking from his nap?
(b) More sleep.
5. Where does Oshima find a copy of Mrs. Saeki's hit song on vinyl?
(a) In his mother's collection.
(b) In the library's collection.
(c) In a garbage dump.
(d) On the Internet.
6. How does Johnny Walker react when someone tries to kill him in the woods?
(a) He ignores the attack completely.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He weeps.
(d) He faints.
7. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she opened the entrance stone for the first time?
8. Which of the following is NOT something that ceases to matter in the deserted village?
9. What weather storms into the city after Hoshino steals the entrance stone?
10. What beverage does Kafka bring to Mrs. Saeki every day at the same time?
11. Which of the following phrases does Mrs. Saeki use to describe herself?
(a) A separated whole.
(b) An incomplete shadow.
(c) A mysterious soul.
(d) A boundless body.
12. Who do the police suspect has hired Nakata as a hit man?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
(b) Johnny Walker.
13. Which of the following characters accidentally admits to being from the same area where Kafka's father was murdered?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
14. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
(a) Colonel Sanders.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Johnny Walker.
15. Who was Mrs. Saeki trying to save when she opened the entrance stone?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her son.
(d) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Saeki claim defines Kafka even though he is very young?
2. Whose spirit does Mrs. Saeki think is living inside Kafka's body?
3. Which of the following characters encounters Johnny Walker while walking through the woods?
4. Who closes the entrance stone?
5. What type of people did Mrs. Saeki write a book about?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)