|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Oshima's only brother?
2. How does Nakata feel after the entrance stone is flipped?
3. What does Nakata decide is the location where the portal from the entrance stone has been opened?
(a) The library.
(b) The religious shrine.
(c) The woods.
(d) The river.
4. How long have Hoshino and Nakata spent together by the time Nakato dies?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
5. Who is the director of the films that Hoshino watches back to back?
(a) Jean-Luc Godard.
(b) Claude Chabrol.
(c) Francois Truffaut.
(d) Alain Resnais.
6. Whose home does the cabin in the desolate village remind Kafka of?
(b) His father's.
7. What is pachinko?
(a) A gambling game.
(b) A child's toy.
(d) A type of sticky rice.
8. Which of the following is NOT something Hoshino does to pass the time while Nakata sleeps?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Reading a book.
(d) Eating food.
9. Who does Mrs. Saeki think is the boy from the painting in the library?
10. What type of store does Oshima's brother own?
(a) A cake shop.
(b) A tuxedo shop.
(c) A surf shop.
(d) A pet shop.
11. Who has arranged for Nakata to live in the free apartments provided by the government?
(a) His parents.
(b) He arranged it himself.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His sons.
12. When Nakata falls asleep, how long does he usually slumber?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
13. What happens to Mrs. Saeki after Nakata leaves the library?
(a) She begins to weep.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is arrested.
(d) She dies.
14. Who closes the entrance stone?
(b) Mrs. Saeki.
15. What does Kafka bring with him into the woods in case he should decide to kill himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A handful of arsenic.
(c) A gun.
(d) A noose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hoshino wait to hear from before closing the entrance stone?
2. What film does Kafka watch upon arriving at the desolate village?
3. What color is the entrance stone?
4. After Nakata dies, who inherits his ability to understand animals?
5. What does Kafka feel connected to in nature as he is wandering through the woods?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)