|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
2. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she first fell in love?
3. Where was Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend killed?
(a) At a birthday party.
(b) At a rock concert.
(c) At a student protest.
(d) At a book sale.
4. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is his mother.
(b) If she is his sister.
(c) If she is his aunt.
(d) If she is his girlfriend.
5. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is rude.
(b) That the library is understaffed.
(c) That the library staff is unintelligent.
(d) That the library is overstaffed.
6. What is the first meal Oshima and Kafka eat together?
7. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He shoots him.
8. What does Natsume Soseki do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a photographer.
9. What does Johnny Walker promise to give to Nakata in exchange for his help?
(a) His memory back.
(b) Eternal life.
(c) A bag of gold coins.
10. What is the name of the shy man who helps Nakata onto the train and gets him headed in the right direction?
(c) Santo Kyoden.
11. Which of the following statements best describes Kafka's physicality?
(a) He looks older than his age.
(b) He looks exactly like his father.
(c) He looks younger than his age.
(d) He looks exactly like his mother.
12. Who wrote the song "Kafka on the Shore"?
(b) Mrs. Saeki.
13. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
(a) She is living in Dubai.
(b) She is adopted.
(c) She is younger than Kafka.
(d) She was murdered when she was seven.
14. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
15. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
2. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
3. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
4. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
5. What is Kafka's last name?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)