Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In China.
(c) In Burma.
(d) In Vietnam.
2. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
3. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is unintelligent.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library is understaffed.
(d) That the library staff is rude.
4. Which of the following short stories by Franz Kafka does Kafka discuss with Oshima?
(a) The Hunger Artists.
(b) In the Penal Colony.
5. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) The clearing in the woods.
(b) The edge of the ocean.
(c) A religious shrine.
(d) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
6. Which of the following books does Kafka read in the hotel room where he is sleeping?
(a) The Grapes of Wrath.
(b) The Arabian Nights.
(c) The Catcher in the Rye.
(d) The Bible.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
8. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the town.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the countryside.
9. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
10. What did the elementary school teacher claim to see in the sky right before the children passed out in the woods?
(a) A crow.
(b) An airplane.
(c) An atom bomb.
(d) A ghost.
11. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
12. Which of Nakata's relatives lost all of his money to loan sharks, leaving Nakata destitute?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
13. In which of the following establishments did Nakata invest all of his money?
(a) A condo development.
(b) The local lottery.
(c) The Catholic church.
(d) The stock market.
14. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
(b) All of the children.
15. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A writer.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
2. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
3. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
4. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
5. What is Kafka's last name?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)