|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the elementary school teacher claim to see in the sky right before the children passed out in the woods?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A crow.
(c) An atom bomb.
(d) A ghost.
2. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
3. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
4. What activity is Kafka partaking in when Oshima finally returns to take him away from the cottage?
(a) He is swimming.
(b) He is exercising.
(c) He is sunbathing.
(d) He is cooking.
5. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
6. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the elementary school.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At the movie theater.
7. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
8. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their tongues.
(d) Their brains.
9. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
(a) His diary.
(b) His money.
(c) His knife.
(d) His cell phone.
10. What is the first meal Oshima and Kafka eat together?
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
12. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
(a) Working out at the gym.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Visiting the library.
13. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Yoshi Tamura.
(b) Manga Tamura.
(c) Koichi Tamura.
(d) Franz Tamura.
14. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
(a) Yakumo woods.
(b) Botchan woods.
(c) Kochi woods.
(d) Soseki woods.
15. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
2. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
3. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
4. What does Johnny Walker promise to give to Nakata in exchange for his help?
5. What does Nakata claim is the only joy in his life?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)