|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
(d) All of the children.
2. In which Japanese city does Kafka live?
3. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
(a) Lovely to get to know you, please come again!
(b) There were no violent crimes reported in the neighborhood.
(c) It's supposed to rain today, make sure you have an umbrella.
(d) Your father is searching for you, be careful!
4. How does the police officer react when Nakata admits to Johnny Walker's murder?
(a) He arrests him immediately.
(b) He ignores Nakata completely.
(c) He does not believe him.
(d) He is confused by the admission.
5. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are unisex.
(c) Because there are no bathrooms.
(d) Because there is too long a line.
6. Who prophesies that fish will fall from the sky?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
7. Which of the following characters suggests that Nakata finds the other half of his soul?
8. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Hong Kong.
(b) In Phenom-Pen.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Shanghai.
9. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
10. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
11. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
12. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
(b) A religious shrine.
(c) The clearing in the woods.
(d) The edge of the ocean.
13. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
(a) Their brains.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their tongues.
(d) Their hearts.
14. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
15. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she first fell in love?
2. What activity is Kafka partaking in when Oshima finally returns to take him away from the cottage?
3. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
4. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
5. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)