|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
2. How does Nakata react when he sees some bikers beating a man at the truck stop?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is confused.
3. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
(a) At the elementary school.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the movie theater.
4. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He poisons him.
5. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) A runaway.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A millionaire.
(d) A student.
6. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Yoshi Tamura.
(b) Koichi Tamura.
(c) Franz Tamura.
(d) Manga Tamura.
7. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
8. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
9. Where does Johnny Walker keep the severed heads of the cats he has sacrificed?
(a) On his bookshelf.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In a display case.
(d) In the freezer.
10. Which of Nakata's relatives lost all of his money to loan sharks, leaving Nakata destitute?
(a) His brother.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His uncle.
11. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(a) Soy beans.
12. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is running away from home.
(b) She is heading back to college.
(c) She is going to visit family.
(d) She is going to a job interview.
13. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
14. When Doctor Nakazawa first responded to the unconscious children, what did he think happened to them?
(a) He thought they were faking.
(b) He thought they were poisoned.
(c) He thought they were shot.
(d) He thought they were feverish.
15. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she first fell in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
2. What does Natsume Soseki do for a living?
3. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
4. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
5. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, what is he covered in?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)