|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
2. Which of the following animals promises to lead Nakata to Goma?
(a) A small orange bird.
(b) A shiny green fish.
(c) A fat, bald cat.
(d) A large black dog.
3. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
4. What does Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama conclude happened to the children in the clearing?
(a) They were poisoned.
(b) They were stabbed.
(c) They were voodoo victims.
(d) They were hypnotized.
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) He is a good swimmer.
(c) He is very poor.
(d) He has no memory.
6. What does Nakata claim is the only joy in his life?
(a) The company of cats.
(b) The love of the church.
(c) The thrill of a mystery.
(d) The comfort of a good book.
7. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
(a) Botchan woods.
(b) Kochi woods.
(c) Yakumo woods.
(d) Soseki woods.
8. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
(a) An elderly black man.
(b) A white tabby cat.
(c) Two business women.
(d) Two school children.
9. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
10. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is running away from home.
(c) She is heading back to college.
(d) She is going to visit family.
11. What is the name of the city that Kafka runs away to?
12. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
13. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
14. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
(a) Lovely to get to know you, please come again!
(b) Your father is searching for you, be careful!
(c) It's supposed to rain today, make sure you have an umbrella.
(d) There were no violent crimes reported in the neighborhood.
15. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
2. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
3. How old was Nakata when his mentor died, closing the shop where they both worked?
4. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
5. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)