|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
(b) The edge of the ocean.
(c) The clearing in the woods.
(d) A religious shrine.
2. How old was Nakata when his mentor died, closing the shop where they both worked?
3. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
4. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
5. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(c) Soy beans.
6. What career path made Adolf Eichmann famous?
(a) He was an architect.
(b) He was an anthropologist.
(c) He was a nazi.
(d) He was a psychologist.
7. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
(a) For being afraid.
(b) For sleeping too much.
(c) For being homesick.
(d) For being unable to swim.
8. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
9. How does Nakata react when he sees some bikers beating a man at the truck stop?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is enraged.
10. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
11. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A painter.
12. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
13. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library is understaffed.
(b) That the library is overstaffed.
(c) That the library staff is rude.
(d) That the library staff is unintelligent.
14. Which of the following characters claims to have been born with both female and male genitalia?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
15. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
(a) A racist.
(b) A classist.
(c) An ageist.
(d) A sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
3. Where does Sakura's boyfriend live?
4. How long is the first bus ride on the day that Kafka runs away from home?
5. What type of animal is Goma?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)