|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Oshima's cabin in the woods?
(a) It does not have phone reception.
(b) It has only one room.
(c) It does not have a bathroom.
(d) It does not have electricity.
2. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
(a) His diary.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) His knife.
(d) His money.
3. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
4. What is the name of Kafka's imaginary companion?
5. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
6. When Doctor Nakazawa first responded to the unconscious children, what did he think happened to them?
(a) He thought they were poisoned.
(b) He thought they were feverish.
(c) He thought they were shot.
(d) He thought they were faking.
7. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He poisons him.
(c) He drowns him.
(d) He shoots him.
8. What is the name of the woods where Oshima owns a cabin?
(a) Kochi woods.
(b) Yakumo woods.
(c) Botchan woods.
(d) Soseki woods.
9. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
(a) He has the oil changed in her car.
(b) He leaves a twenty dollar bill on the counter.
(c) He cleans her apartment.
(d) He buys her a bouquet of flowers.
10. What does Sakura do for a living?
(a) She is a hairdresser.
(b) She is a librarian.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is an elementary school teacher.
11. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
12. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
(a) In his own home.
(b) In the library.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) At a motel.
13. How does the police officer react when Nakata admits to Johnny Walker's murder?
(a) He does not believe him.
(b) He arrests him immediately.
(c) He ignores Nakata completely.
(d) He is confused by the admission.
14. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the town.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the countryside.
(d) In the city.
15. How long does Kafka spend unattended at Oshima's cottage?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
2. Which of the following books does Kafka read in the hotel room where he is sleeping?
3. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
4. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
5. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)