|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
3. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
4. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
(a) That the library staff is unintelligent.
(b) That the library is understaffed.
(c) That the library is overstaffed.
(d) That the library staff is rude.
5. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
(a) His diary.
(b) His knife.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His money.
6. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Koichi Tamura.
(b) Yoshi Tamura.
(c) Franz Tamura.
(d) Manga Tamura.
7. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A sculptor.
(c) A painter.
(d) A writer.
8. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Tokyo.
(b) In Hong Kong.
(c) In Phenom-Pen.
(d) In Shanghai.
9. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
10. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
11. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He stabs him.
12. What is the first place Kafka visits when he has successfully run away from home?
(a) The church.
(b) The shopping mall.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The library.
13. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
14. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
(a) Their brains.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their tongues.
(d) Their hearts.
15. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
(a) A tiny wooden cottage at the end of town.
(b) The clearing in the woods.
(c) The edge of the ocean.
(d) A religious shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
2. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she first fell in love?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the man who calls himself Johnny Walker?
4. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
5. What does Sakura do for a living?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)