|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
2. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
3. What is the first place Kafka visits when he has successfully run away from home?
(a) The library.
(b) The shopping mall.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The church.
4. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
5. How old was Sakura when she ran away from home?
6. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) The library carries only female authors.
(b) Below male authors.
(c) Above male authors.
(d) Mixed in with the male authors.
7. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
8. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
9. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
(a) At a motel.
(b) In his own home.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) In the library.
10. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He drowns him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He poisons him.
11. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
12. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Chiba Library.
(b) Makata Library.
(c) Komura Library.
(d) Edamame Library.
13. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) A runaway.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A student.
(d) An orphan.
14. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
(a) A sexist.
(b) An ageist.
(c) A racist.
(d) A classist.
15. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
2. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
3. What word fills in the note that Oshima wrote in the margins of Kafka's book: "One must act responsibly for one's ________"?
4. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
5. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)