|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oshima find Kafka a place to sleep?
(a) In his own home.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) In the library.
(d) At a motel.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
3. What is Kafka's last name?
4. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
(a) She is living in Dubai.
(b) She is younger than Kafka.
(c) She is adopted.
(d) She was murdered when she was seven.
5. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
6. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
7. What is the first meal Oshima and Kafka eat together?
8. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
(a) A white tabby cat.
(b) An elderly black man.
(c) Two business women.
(d) Two school children.
9. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
10. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
11. Whose photograph does Kafka take with him when he runs away from home?
(a) His father's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His own.
12. What request does Johnny Walker make of Nakata?
(a) He asks Nakata to kill him.
(b) He asks Nakata to catch cats for him.
(c) He asks Nakata to turn him in to the police.
(d) He asks Nakata to pray for him.
13. How old was Mrs. Saeki when she first fell in love?
14. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
15. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is running away from home.
(c) She is heading back to college.
(d) She is going to visit family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
2. How long does Kafka spend unattended at Oshima's cottage?
3. Which of the following short stories by Franz Kafka does Kafka discuss with Oshima?
4. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
5. In which Japanese city does Kafka live?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)