|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) Mixed in with the male authors.
(b) Above male authors.
(c) The library carries only female authors.
(d) Below male authors.
2. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(a) His way home.
(b) Lost keys.
(d) Hidden treasure.
3. What career path made Adolf Eichmann famous?
(a) He was a psychologist.
(b) He was an anthropologist.
(c) He was an architect.
(d) He was a nazi.
4. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is his mother.
(b) If she is his aunt.
(c) If she is his sister.
(d) If she is his girlfriend.
5. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
6. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
(a) His diary.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) His money.
(d) His knife.
7. What request does Johnny Walker make of Nakata?
(a) He asks Nakata to catch cats for him.
(b) He asks Nakata to kill him.
(c) He asks Nakata to pray for him.
(d) He asks Nakata to turn him in to the police.
8. What does Nakata claim is the only joy in his life?
(a) The comfort of a good book.
(b) The love of the church.
(c) The company of cats.
(d) The thrill of a mystery.
9. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
10. What is the name of Kafka's father?
(a) Koichi Tamura.
(b) Manga Tamura.
(c) Franz Tamura.
(d) Yoshi Tamura.
11. How did the doctors transport the unconscious children away from the site where they fell?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) On stretchers.
(c) On bikes.
(d) On the back of a pickup.
12. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Komura Library.
(b) Chiba Library.
(c) Makata Library.
(d) Edamame Library.
13. What is the name of the city that Kafka runs away to?
14. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
15. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
(a) Because there are no bathrooms.
(b) Because they are unisex.
(c) Because there is too long a line.
(d) Because they are dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
2. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
3. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
4. Which part of the paralyzed cats' bodies does Johnny Walker eat while Nakata looks on, horrified?
5. Who does Nakata remind Hoshino of?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)