|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
2. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
3. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
4. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(a) Hidden treasure.
(b) Lost keys.
(d) His way home.
5. When Doctor Nakazawa first responded to the unconscious children, what did he think happened to them?
(a) He thought they were shot.
(b) He thought they were faking.
(c) He thought they were poisoned.
(d) He thought they were feverish.
6. When Kafka first meets Sakura, what does he wonder about her?
(a) If she is his sister.
(b) If she is his mother.
(c) If she is his girlfriend.
(d) If she is his aunt.
7. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A student.
(d) A runaway.
8. How long does Kafka spend unattended at Oshima's cottage?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
9. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
10. Which of the following animals promises to lead Nakata to Goma?
(a) A shiny green fish.
(b) A small orange bird.
(c) A fat, bald cat.
(d) A large black dog.
11. What is the name of the shy man who helps Nakata onto the train and gets him headed in the right direction?
(c) Santo Kyoden.
12. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
(a) Your father is searching for you, be careful!
(b) There were no violent crimes reported in the neighborhood.
(c) It's supposed to rain today, make sure you have an umbrella.
(d) Lovely to get to know you, please come again!
13. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kafka's relationship with his father?
15. Where was Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend killed?
(a) At a rock concert.
(b) At a book sale.
(c) At a student protest.
(d) At a birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
2. When Kafka wakes up in the middle of a blackout, where has he sleepwalked to?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
4. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
5. Which of the following statements best describes Kafka's physicality?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)