|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
(a) He buys her a bouquet of flowers.
(b) He cleans her apartment.
(c) He has the oil changed in her car.
(d) He leaves a twenty dollar bill on the counter.
2. Which of the following weather storms hits Kafka while he is wandering through the woods at Oshima's cottage?
3. While sleeping at Oshima's cottage in the woods, where does Kafka sleep at night?
(a) Under the stars.
(b) In a sleeping bag.
(c) He is too afraid to sleep at night.
(d) In a bed with down comforters.
4. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
(a) 24 children.
(b) 32 children.
(c) 40 children.
(d) 16 children.
5. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
6. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is heading back to college.
(c) She is going to visit family.
(d) She is running away from home.
7. Which of the following characters says that, "Fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions"?
8. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
9. What is Nakata's favorite food?
(b) Frog legs.
(d) Sea urchin.
10. When Sakura leaves for work in the morning, what does the note that she leaves for Kafka say?
(a) It's supposed to rain today, make sure you have an umbrella.
(b) Your father is searching for you, be careful!
(c) There were no violent crimes reported in the neighborhood.
(d) Lovely to get to know you, please come again!
11. What does Natsume Soseki do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a sculptor.
(d) He is a photographer.
12. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because there are no bathrooms.
(c) Because they are unisex.
(d) Because there is too long a line.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes Hoshino's speech?
14. What is the name of Kafka's imaginary companion?
15. What is the name of the cat that was run over by a bicycle and is now a bit slow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child who discovered the collection of bloody supplies the teacher had been using to clean herself up?
2. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
3. Where was Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend killed?
4. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
5. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)