|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nakata react when he sees some bikers beating a man at the truck stop?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is terrified.
2. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
(a) 16 children.
(b) 32 children.
(c) 24 children.
(d) 40 children.
3. How many of the children failed to awaken after reaching the hospital?
(c) All of the children.
4. What trade did Nakata learn when he was in elementary school?
5. Which of the following animals promises to lead Nakata to Goma?
(a) A fat, bald cat.
(b) A shiny green fish.
(c) A small orange bird.
(d) A large black dog.
6. Which of Nakata's relatives lost all of his money to loan sharks, leaving Nakata destitute?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His uncle.
7. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Phenom-Pen.
(b) In Tokyo.
(c) In Shanghai.
(d) In Hong Kong.
8. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
9. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
10. In which of the following establishments did Nakata invest all of his money?
(a) A condo development.
(b) The Catholic church.
(c) The stock market.
(d) The local lottery.
11. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He drowns him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He shoots him.
12. What party does the political trucker align himself with?
13. Which of the following characters coins the phrase "spirit projection" in regards to the trance-like children?
(a) Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama.
(b) Setsuko Okamochi.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Doctor Juichi Nakazawa.
14. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
(a) For being afraid.
(b) For being homesick.
(c) For being unable to swim.
(d) For sleeping too much.
15. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the town.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the teacher was beating a child in the woods, what emotion does she claim overtook her?
2. Where does Johnny Walker keep the severed heads of the cats he has sacrificed?
3. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
4. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
5. When Doctor Nakazawa first responded to the unconscious children, what did he think happened to them?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)