|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following organizations helps Kafka find a cheap hotel to stay in?
2. What did the elementary school teacher use to wipe away her blood while out with the children in the woods?
(b) Her socks.
3. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He drowns him.
4. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
(a) A staircase.
(b) A jacket.
(c) An afterlife.
(d) A flute.
5. How old is Kafka when he decides to run away from home?
6. What does Oshima warn Kafka about the woods surrounding his cabin?
(a) It is full of bears.
(b) He does not warn Kafka about the woods.
(c) It gets very dark.
(d) It is very easy to get lost in them.
7. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Phenom-Pen.
(b) In Tokyo.
(c) In Hong Kong.
(d) In Shanghai.
8. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
9. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) A student.
(b) A runaway.
(c) An orphan.
(d) A millionaire.
10. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Visiting the library.
(c) Working out at the gym.
(d) Eating breakfast.
11. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is going to a job interview.
(b) She is heading back to college.
(c) She is running away from home.
(d) She is going to visit family.
12. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(a) His way home.
(b) Lost keys.
(d) Hidden treasure.
13. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) Above male authors.
(b) The library carries only female authors.
(c) Mixed in with the male authors.
(d) Below male authors.
14. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
15. Which of the following short stories by Franz Kafka does Kafka discuss with Oshima?
(b) In the Penal Colony.
(d) The Hunger Artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the doctors transport the unconscious children away from the site where they fell?
2. What does Sakura do for a living?
3. Which of the following family members does Sakura share an apartment with?
4. Which of the following books does Kafka read in the hotel room where he is sleeping?
5. What type of animal is Goma?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)