|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the library where Mrs. Saeki works?
(a) Komura Library.
(b) Makata Library.
(c) Chiba Library.
(d) Edamame Library.
2. How old was Nakata when his mentor died, closing the shop where they both worked?
3. What does Johnny Walker promise to give to Nakata in exchange for his help?
(a) Eternal life.
(c) A bag of gold coins.
(d) His memory back.
4. What career path made Adolf Eichmann famous?
(a) He was a nazi.
(b) He was a psychologist.
(c) He was an anthropologist.
(d) He was an architect.
5. In which of the following establishments did Nakata invest all of his money?
(a) A condo development.
(b) The Catholic church.
(c) The local lottery.
(d) The stock market.
6. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
7. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Oshima warn Kafka about the woods surrounding his cabin?
(a) He does not warn Kafka about the woods.
(b) It is very easy to get lost in them.
(c) It is full of bears.
(d) It gets very dark.
9. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
10. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
11. Even though he is mentally challenged, what is Nakata extremely adept at finding?
(b) His way home.
(c) Lost keys.
(d) Hidden treasure.
12. Which of the following characters claims to have been born with both female and male genitalia?
(a) Mrs. Saeki.
13. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
(a) For being homesick.
(b) For sleeping too much.
(c) For being afraid.
(d) For being unable to swim.
14. Where has Oshima found a job for Kafka?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the grocery store.
(c) At the elementary school.
(d) At the movie theater.
15. What did the elementary school teacher bring the children into the woods to pick on the day they passed out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint do the two stern women make about the staff at the public library?
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
3. What does Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama conclude happened to the children in the clearing?
4. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, what is he covered in?
5. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)