|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
2. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(a) Soy beans.
3. Why do the two stern women complain about the bathrooms at the public library?
(a) Because they are unisex.
(b) Because there is too long a line.
(c) Because there are no bathrooms.
(d) Because they are dirty.
4. Where does Johnny Walker keep the severed heads of the cats he has sacrificed?
(a) In a display case.
(b) In the freezer.
(c) On his bookshelf.
(d) Under his bed.
5. How does Nakata kill Johnny Walker?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He poisons him.
(d) He drowns him.
6. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
7. Where is Sakura going when she boards the same bus as Kafka?
(a) She is running away from home.
(b) She is heading back to college.
(c) She is going to visit family.
(d) She is going to a job interview.
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes the man who calls himself Johnny Walker?
9. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
10. Which of the following activities is NOT a part of Kafka's daily routine?
(a) Working out at the gym.
(b) Visiting the library.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Eating breakfast.
11. During what year did the children pass out in the woods?
12. What is the name of Kafka's imaginary companion?
13. What type of animal is Goma?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fish.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
14. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
15. Which of the following items is NOT something Kafka steals from his father before running away?
(a) His knife.
(b) His money.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
2. What is the first place Kafka visits when he has successfully run away from home?
3. Which of the following characters suggests that Nakata finds the other half of his soul?
4. What do the two stern women accuse Oshima of being?
5. What is the name of the cat that was run over by a bicycle and is now a bit slow?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)