|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters coins the phrase "spirit projection" in regards to the trance-like children?
(a) Doctor Juichi Nakazawa.
(b) Setsuko Okamochi.
(c) Mrs. Saeki.
(d) Doctor Shigenori Tsukayama.
2. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, who does he first call for help?
3. Which of the following is Dr. Shigenori Tsukayama's specialty?
4. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
5. What is the first meal Oshima and Kafka eat together?
6. What does Johnny Walker claim to be building from the souls of dead cats?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A flute.
(c) An afterlife.
(d) A staircase.
7. Which of the following words completes this phrase which Johnny Walker said to Nakata: "This is a war and you'll learn how to ___________"?
8. What type of animal is Goma?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
9. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(d) Soy beans.
10. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A sculptor.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A painter.
(d) A writer.
11. Which direction does Nakata want to travel on the Tomei Highway?
12. What does Oshima warn Kafka about the woods surrounding his cabin?
(a) It is full of bears.
(b) It is very easy to get lost in them.
(c) It gets very dark.
(d) He does not warn Kafka about the woods.
13. Where did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend attend school?
(a) In Hong Kong.
(b) In Phenom-Pen.
(c) In Tokyo.
(d) In Shanghai.
14. Where are women authors shelved in the public library?
(a) Mixed in with the male authors.
(b) The library carries only female authors.
(c) Below male authors.
(d) Above male authors.
15. Where does Doctor Nakazawa practice his medicine?
(a) In the city.
(b) In the army.
(c) In the town.
(d) In the countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts is true regarding Kafka's sister?
2. What is the name of the young boy who did NOT awaken after the mushroom incident in the woods?
3. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
4. Which of the elementary school teacher's relatives was drafted to fight in the war on the day the children collapsed in the woods?
5. Which of the following characters says that, "Fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)