|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city that Nakata is trying to reach by hitchhiking?
2. What type of animal is Goma?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fish.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
3. How does Kafka repay Sakura for letting him sleep on her couch?
(a) He cleans her apartment.
(b) He buys her a bouquet of flowers.
(c) He has the oil changed in her car.
(d) He leaves a twenty dollar bill on the counter.
4. On the day the children collapsed in the woods, how did the teacher describe her emotional state?
5. When Kafka wakes from his blackout, what is he covered in?
6. How many cats does Johnny Walker kill before Nakata intervenes?
7. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Nakata?
(a) He has no memory.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) He is very poor.
(d) He is a good swimmer.
8. In what year did the elementary school teacher admit to lying to authorities about what happened in the woods that day?
9. Which famous artist is discovered stabbed to death in his home on the day fish fall from the sky?
(a) A writer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A sculptor.
10. What creature falls from the sky while Nakata is watching the beating at the truck stop?
11. What does Kafka claim to be in order to get a discounted rate at his hotel?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A runaway.
(c) A millionaire.
(d) A student.
12. What did Mrs. Saeki's boyfriend's family sell for a living?
(a) Soy beans.
13. Which of the following characters says that, "Fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions"?
14. Who does Nakata ask for help in purchasing a train ticket?
(a) An elderly black man.
(b) Two business women.
(c) Two school children.
(d) A white tabby cat.
15. What is the name of the cat that was run over by a bicycle and is now a bit slow?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were found unconscious in the woods by their elementary school teacher?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Kafka's physicality?
3. What activity is Kafka partaking in when Oshima finally returns to take him away from the cottage?
4. Why does Crow make fun of Kafka while they are staying in Oshima's cottage?
5. What type of fish falls from the sky, exactly as prophesied?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)