|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Supreme Court uphold the death penalty for juveniles?
2. What was the receptionist wearing in Chapter 1?
3. What highway did Stevenson travel to speak with someone on death row?
4. Where did Stevenson's mother work?
5. How old was Stevenson in 1983?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was the SPDC located, and what were the working conditions like when Stevenson worked there?
2. Who was Steve Bright?
3. Where did Stevenson grow up?
4. Why did Stevenson live with Steve Bright when he first worked in Atlanta?
5. What was the visitation room like where Stevenson met Henry?
6. What was Myers's version of the murder of Ronda Morrison?
7. In Chapter 2, what did a man in a wheelchair tell Stevenson were his medals of honor?
8. What iwas Monroeville, Alabama, known for?
9. What murder shocked Monroevill in 1986?
10. What was McMillians alibi for the time of the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stevenson noticed that being female could be a negative value. In what ways was being a female accused of a crime similar to being black, poor, or mentally handicapped? What were some ways that women were disadvantaged when seeking justice? How did those disadvantages determine justice or injustice for their cases?
Essay Topic 2
Flaws in the legal system often lead to injustice. What were some flaws in the legal system that Stevenson discovered? How did those flaws lead to injustice?
Essay Topic 3
Stevenson began to realize that everyone is broken. In what ways did Stevenson see brokenness in people? How did Stevenson believe that brokenness could lead to hope, mercy, and compassion for one’s self and for others?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)