|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Trina Garnett when her mother died?
2. In 1992, how many people were executed in the United States?
3. In Chapter 13, how long had Sheriff Tate been sheriff continuously?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. How much money did McMillian's wallet have in it when he picked it up after his charges were dismissed in Chapter 11?
5. When did Judge Norton rule on McMillian's appear?
(a) July 27, 1992.
(b) May 19, 1992.
(c) June 3, 1992.
(d) April 11, 1992.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of McMillian's release how many states, in addition to the District of Columbia, had laws authorizing compensation to people who were wrongly incarcerated?
2. When did a mechanic modify Walter's truck?
3. In the 1990s, what deinstitutionalization rate did several states have?
4. Where was Bernard Harcourt raised?
5. How old was Trina Garnett when she was sent to an adult prison for women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Sullivan like in 1989, and what was his home life like?
2. What was eventually discovered about the doctor who declared George Daniel sane to stand trial for murder?
3. Who was John Patterson?
4. Why did Stevenson's office in Atlanta sue Angola Prison?
5. What was Judge Norton's ruling on McMillian's appeal in Chapter 11?
6. Why was George Stinney executed?
7. Where did McMillian decided to live in Chapter 13?
8. In Chapter 9, what did Judge Norton say about the length of the Rule 32 hearing?
9. In Chapter 11, why was Stevenson optimistic about what evidence in the McMillian case might accomplish in the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals?
10. What were conditions like at Tutwiler Prison?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)