|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stevenson say that Georgia's death row was in the Introduction?
(a) Outside of Jackson.
(c) Near Atlanta.
(d) By Decatur.
2. Where did McMillian and his family live?
3. When was the electric chair at Holman built?
4. At the time Stevenson wrote the book, how much money was being spent on jails and prisons by state and federal governments?
(a) $6.9 billion.
(b) $80 billion.
(c) $8.4 billion.
(d) $60 billion.
5. Where did Stevenson grow up?
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stevenson study in college?
2. How much did Stevenson say that he made a year in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3, how long were death row inmates locked in a small cell by themselves daily?
4. Under what charges was McMillian first arrested?
5. When did the Supreme Court uphold the death penalty for juveniles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Stevenson grow up?
2. Why did Judige Robert E. Lee Key call Stevenson?
3. What type of business did Walter McMillian establish and how well did it prosper?
4. As Stevenson spent time with McMillian, what did he learn about the man?
5. What did Stevenson study in college, and why did he decide to attend law school?
6. Why was Charlie arrested?
7. Why did Michael Lindsey receive a death penalty instead of life imprisonment?
8. What happened to Charlie after Stevenson got involved?
9. What obstacles did Stevenson face when he opened the nonprofit law center in Tuscaloosa in Chapter 4?
10. What were the laws about condemning children to death row?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)