|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Judge Norton?
2. According to McCleskey v. Kemp, how many times more likely were offenders in Georgia likely to get the death penalty if the victim was white?
3. Who was the judge who dismissed all charges against McMillian?
(a) Rebecca Horseman.
(b) David Andrew Martin
(c) Robert E. Lee Key.
(d) Pamela Baschab.
4. How old was Colbey at the time Hurricane Ivan hit?
5. Where did Michael O'Connor go to law school?
(a) University of Colorado.
(c) University of Iowa.
6. When were laws enacted to make involuntary commitment to a mental institution more difficult?
(a) 1960s and 1970s.
(b) 1950s and 1960s.
7. In 1992, for how many prisoners had McMillian's team won relief in death penalty cases?
8. How many children did Walter Garnett have?
9. What color was Myers wearing when he testified in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 10, what drug did Stevenson say was misused in many mental institutions?
11. In 1992, how many people were executed in the United States?
12. Where was Bernard Harcourt raised?
(a) New York City.
13. How much time did Judge Norton want Stevenson and his staff to take to present McMillian's case?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
14. How many years had Joe Sullivan been in prison when Stevenson became involved in his case?
15. Where was John Thompson scheduled to be executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how many doctors testified that Myers told them he was being coerced to say that McMillian killed Morrison?
2. How old was Joe Sullivan when he was accused of sexual assault?
3. Between 1990 and 2005, how often did a prison open in the United States?
4. When did "The New York Times" attempt to raise money to defend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. against perjury charges in Alabama?
5. In the late nineteenth century, who were responsible for getting the mentally ill out of prison?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)