|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what time did Stevenson leave the trailer where he met with McMillian's family?
(a) After 1 a.m.
(b) 11:30 p.m.
(c) Close to midnight.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
2. What was the name of McMillian's wife?
3. What was the receptionist wearing in Chapter 1?
(a) Khakis and a jean jacket.
(b) Expensive business suit.
(c) Jeans and a sweatshirt.
(d) Dress slacks and a button-down shirt.
4. Where did many of the black people work where Stevenson grew up?
(a) Poultry plant.
(d) Steel factories.
5. What month did Stevenson first visit death row?
6. In Chapter 5, what was the name of the white person that the McMillians had worked for who called Stevenson to offer support?
(a) Sam Crook.
(b) Bill Andrews.
(c) Bob Roberts.
(d) Tom Davidson.
7. How close did McMillian's family live to the prison where McMillian was incarcerated?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) An hour.
(d) About 30 minutes.
8. How old was McMillian when he was able to run a plow very well?
9. How long was Stevenson's visit with Henry in the Introduction?
(a) 2 1/2 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
10. Where did Stevenson's mother work?
(a) School as a janitor.
(b) Food factory.
(c) Wealthy homes as a domestic.
(d) Air Force Base.
11. In Chapter 4, when was the building built that Stevenson rented for his new law center?
12. When did the Supreme Curt rule that underrepresentation of racial minorities and women in jury pools was unconstitutional?
13. When Earl MGahee was tried by an all-white jury in Dallas County, what percent of the county was African American?
(a) 60 percent.
(b) 55 percent.
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 40 percent.
14. What type of vehicle was Stevenson driving in Chapter 5?
(d) Grand Caravan.
15. In Chapter 6, who was Charlie accused of killing?
(a) His mother's boyfriend.
(b) A school mate.
(c) An intruder to his home.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between 1975 and 1988, how many executions had there been in Alabama?
2. When did Stevenson and Eva Ansley discover an opportunity to get federal funding to create a legal center to represent people on death row in Alabama?
3. How old were many of Stevenson's death row Alabama clients when they committed the crimes they were accused of committing?
4. How old was the young man that his grandmother wanted Stevenson to speak to in Chapter 6?
5. When were McMillian and Myers transferred from county jail to death row?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)