|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stevenson grow up?
(c) New Jersey.
2. What was the name of McMillian's wife?
3. How long did Stevenson sleep on Steve Bright's living room couch before deciding to find an apartment of his own?
(a) 15 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 1 1/2 years.
4. When was the ban on interracial marriage eliminated?
5. What was the receptionist wearing in Chapter 1?
(a) Jeans and a sweatshirt.
(b) Khakis and a jean jacket.
(c) Dress slacks and a button-down shirt.
(d) Expensive business suit.
6. In Chapter 3, how large were the cells where death row inmates were housed?
(a) 5 by 10 feet.
(b) 6 by 9 feet.
(c) 5 by 8 feet.
(d) 6 by 11 feet.
7. How many people could confirm that Walter was not responsible for the murder?
8. In Chapter 3, who was a young African American man who was lynched in Mobile?
(a) Michael Donald.
(b) Daniel Rivers.
(c) Peter Andrews.
(d) Tom Watson.
9. What month did Stevenson first visit death row?
10. What did Stevenson study in college?
(a) Computer Science.
11. In Chapter 6, how long had George lived with Charlie and his mother?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
12. In Chapter 1, how many volumes were there of trial proceedings from Walter McMillian's trial?
13. In Chapter 2, who told Stevenson that he needed "to beat the drum for justice"?
(a) A young mother.
(b) An older man using crutches.
(c) A man in a wheelchair.
(d) An elderly woman.
14. In Chapter 3, where did Myers say that McMillian made him drive?
(a) A deserted road.
(b) Bill's Gas Station.
(c) Jackson Cleaners.
(d) Grocery store.
15. How old was Stevenson in 1983?
Short Answer Questions
1. When McMillian was taken to death row in Chapter 3, what percent of prisoners on death row were white?
2. Where was the SPDC located when Stevenson started his internship?
3. In what county was it decided to hold McMillian's trial?
4. How old was Henry?
5. In Chapter 3, how long did it take to execute John Evans?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)