|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bright grow up?
(a) South Carolina.
2. How long were Tony Pace and Mary Cox sentenced to prison for violating Alabama's racial integrity laws?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. How much older was Walter McMilian than Stevenson?
(a) About 10 years.
(c) At least 15 years.
4. At the time Stevenson wrote the book, how much money was being spent on jails and prisons by state and federal governments?
(a) $8.4 billion.
(b) $60 billion.
(c) $6.9 billion.
(d) $80 billion.
5. By what decade had McMillian developed a solid business?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died by the end of the Attica standoff?
2. How many lawyers had Stevenson met before he started law school?
3. How old was McMillian when he was able to run a plow very well?
4. Where did Stevenson meet Steve Bright, director of the SPDC?
5. In Chapter 2, who told Stevenson that he needed "to beat the drum for justice"?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)