|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men go to investigate after returning from upstairs?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The basement.
(c) The barn.
(d) The field.
2. What color is the rocking chair in the Wrights' home?
3. According to Mr. Hale's story, Mrs. Wright was doing what to her apron when he visited?
(a) Ironing it.
(b) Pleating it.
(c) Sewing a patch on it.
(d) Ripping at it.
4. The county attorney asks himself before exiting with the men, "But would the women know a ____ if they did come upon it?"
5. What does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright had responded when he asked "Ho' do, Mrs. Wright? It's cold, ain't it?"
(a) "Is it?"
(b) "Depends who you ask."
(c) "Not for this time of year."
(d) "Why's that?"
Short Answer Questions
1. The men reenter as Mrs. Hale is asking, "Do you suppose she was going to quilt it or just" what?
2. Where do the women go to get things to take to Mrs. Wright?
3. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Has anybody been notified?"
4. Mr. Hale had come by the previous day to ask Mr. Wright if he wanted what installed?
5. Mrs. Hale catches sight of an opened bucket of _________ on a low shelf in the kitchen.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)