|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Mr. Hale call in to go upstairs with him the day before when he found Mr. Wright?
(b) Mrs. Hale.
2. What was Mrs. Peters' kitten killed with when she was young?
(a) A rock.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A hatchet.
3. What is Mrs. Hale's last line in the story?
(a) "Minnie Wright is innocent."
(b) "Trifles are what men are."
(c) "We call it - stitch it, Mr. Henderson."
(d) "We call it -- knot it, Mr. Henderson."
4. What did Mr. Hale think he heard someone say the second time he knocked on the Wright's door the previous day?
(a) "Mr. Wright is dead."
(b) "Come in."
(c) "No one's home."
(d) "Go away."
5. Where was Susan Glaspell born?
(a) Bismarck, North Dakota.
(b) Davenport, Iowa.
(c) Spearfish, South Dakota.
(d) Missoula, Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are waiting in the two-seated buggy when Mrs. Hale goes out to join them in the beginning of the story?
2. In telling his story to the sheriff and county attorney, Mr. Hale remarks that he "didn't know as what his wife wanted" _____________.
3. As Mr. Hale began to retell the previous days events, Mrs. Hale "had that sinking feeling of the mother whose child is about to _____________.
4. Whose "hands aren't always as clean as they might be," according to Mrs. Hale?
5. Who had requested that Mrs. Hale come along to the crime scene in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)