|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers following the production of what play of the same plot and subject?
(a) Vanishing Evidence.
(b) Little Things.
(d) The Quiet Farmhouse.
2. In describing Mr. Wright, Mrs. Hale claims he was "like a raw wind that" what?
(a) "Give you frostbite."
(b) "Blows through the trees."
(c) "Gets into the bone."
(d) "Has no mercy."
3. What is the setting of A Jury of Her Peers?
(a) Anderson County.
(b) Dickson County.
(c) Jackson County.
(d) Wright County.
4. Where did Mrs. Wright move to after Harry went to call for the coroner the previous day?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front porch.
(d) A chair in the corner.
5. Mrs. Peters becomes frozen near the end of the story because she is unable to touch what?
(a) John Wright.
(b) The dirty dishes.
(c) The bird.
(d) The quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means concealed; secret; disguised?
2. How did Mrs. Wright describe her sleeping habits to Mr. Hale?
3. Where did Mrs. Wright point when Mr. Hale asked the whereabouts of Mr. Wright?
4. When was the play Trifles first produced?
5. As Mr. Hale began to retell the previous days events, Mrs. Hale "had that sinking feeling of the mother whose child is about to _____________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)