|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Mr. Hale began his story, he looked "as if standing in that kitchen and having to tell what he had seen there yesterday morning made him" ____________.
(a) Want to leave.
(b) Want to throw up.
(c) Almost turn blue.
(d) Almost sick.
2. What is the title of the original newspaper article upon which A Jury of Her Peers is based?
(a) "Rural Homicide."
(b) "Mrs. Wright Kills Husband."
(c) "The Hossack Murder."
(d) "Death on the Farm."
3. What novelist and playwright did Susan Glaspell marry?
(a) Ralph Arnold Watkins.
(b) Casper Martin Stevens.
(c) Donald Robert Wilson.
(d) George Cram Cook.
4. What word means concealed; secret; disguised?
5. Of Mrs. Hale, Susan Glaspell writes, "the fact that she had lived neighbor to that girl for twenty years, and had let her die for" what was more than she could bear?
(a) "Lack of life."
(c) "Lack of loneliness."
(d) "Mere boredom."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men go to investigate first after leaving the women in the kitchen?
2. What theater troupe, of which Glaspell was a member, produced a one-act play with the same plot as A Jury of Her Peers?
3. In what narrative mode is A Jury of Her Peers written?
4. From where did Mr. Henderson travel to come to the crime scene?
5. What does Mrs. Hale respond when the county attorney sees the birdcage and asks, "Has the bird flown?"
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)