|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Alan is getting ready to leave the dig site, what type of fossil is he worried about protecting until his return?
2. Who is the head of the Tropical Diseases Laboratory that Dr. Guitierrez sends the lizard carcass to?
3. Once Dr. Guitierrez retrieves the carcass of the lizard on the beach, where does he decide to send the carcass for testing?
4. What is the name of Tina's doctor in Puntarenas?
5. How does the research doctor explain the symptoms that Tina experienced after being bitten by the lizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Gennaro not happy to have to make the trip to Hammond's island?
2. What about the graph of the procompsognathida population worries Malcolm?
3. Identify three glitches that Nedry still has to fix in the computer system.
4. Why does the report received from Dr. Stone's team initially allay Dr. Guitierrez's fears about the lizard?
5. Why are the dinosaurs supposedly reliant on the food supplied to them by the Jurassic Park scientists? Why is this an important safety measure?
6. Hammond tries to defend Jurassic Park by saying it's like a zoo. How does Malcolm respond to Hammond's defense of the park?
7. Why does Dr. Carter not believe Ed Regis' explanation of how the injured man helicoptered to the clinic was hurt?
8. The scientists at the dig site lived in tipis. Why?
9. According to Dr. Wu, why did the scientists create so many procompsognathus?
10. Even though the research doctor declared that Tina was attacked by a basilisk lizard, why does he continue to search for answers by returning to the beach where the attack took place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the character of Donald Gennaro changes as the story progresses. Be sure to include your assessment of Donald's character when he first meets John Hammond, when he meets with his boss before departing for the island, when he first sees the dinosaurs, and when he is flown off of the island. Use examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The book is entitled, "Jurassic Park." Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the creatures used in the novel, the events that unfold on the island, and the choice of Alan Grant as one of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ian Malcolm and John Hammond.
a. How are the two characters similar? How are they different?
b. Compare the role that chaos theory plays in each of their lives. How is each character affected by this theory, both positively and negatively?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)