|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the midwife who finds the gruesome body of a newborn baby attacked by lizards in Costa Rica?
2. Who provides the voice for the self-guided tour through the animal enclosures?
3. What is the name of the lawyer assigned to the Hammond file at Cowan, Swain, and Ross?
4. Which dinosaurs kill simply for the pleasure of killing?
5. When the InGen helicopter lands outside of the clinic, who gets out of the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. The scientists at the dig site lived in tipis. Why?
2. Hammond tries to defend Jurassic Park by saying it's like a zoo. How does Malcolm respond to Hammond's defense of the park?
3. Tina's parents had a hard time dismissing Dr. Guitierrez's conclusions because his description of the basilisk lizard didn't match with what Tina said she observed. What happens in the hospital as Tina is preparing to leave to prove just how observant she actually is?
4. What comprised the bulk of the work undertaken by the Tropical Diseases Laboratory?
5. Identify three glitches that Nedry still has to fix in the computer system.
6. Even though the research doctor declared that Tina was attacked by a basilisk lizard, why does he continue to search for answers by returning to the beach where the attack took place?
7. The feeling at Cowan, Swain, and Ross is that John Hammond can no longer be trusted. Why?
8. According to Malcolm, what is the difference between physics and chaos theory? Give examples for each.
9. According to the essay in the book's introduction, what is the purpose of genetic engineering research?
10. According to Dr. Wu, why did the scientists create so many procompsognathus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Hammond and Ian Malcolm meet two times in the story. Describe the situation surrounding each of these meetings. Then, examine how the first meeting impacted the second meeting.
Essay Topic 2
Dennis Nedry wears different masks in the story. Both a great computer programmer and the mastermind behind the theft of the frozen embryos, Nedry is a study in contradictions. Identify, then compare and contrast the different sides of Nedry. How would his master plan for the theft have been affected had he not employed his expert computer programmer identity? Why is it necessary for Nedry to wear different masks?
Essay Topic 3
Identify four of the members of the group invited by Hammond to preview Jurassic Park. Then, compare and contrast the backgrounds, experiences, and opinions of the four group members you identified. Was each member of the group necessary in order for Hammond's island to pass inspection? Why or why not? Was any member of the group expendable? Why or why not?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)