|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does Hammond determine that neither Wu nor Arnold truly possessed?
2. Who finally reaches Sattler and Harding as they are following the compys using a walkie-talkie?
3. .Why does the first tranquilizer that Muldoon shoots at the T-rex miss its intended mark?
(a) The T-rex lunges at the exact moment Muldoon fires.
(b) The battery is dead in the laser sights.
(c) The gun is calibrated for Arnold's touch.
(d) Muldoon's hand is shaking.
4. Where does Tim finally find Lex after finding the other car on the main road?
(a) In a drainage pipe.
(b) In a storage shed.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In an emergency bunker.
5. Who does the group decide should go to the maintenance shed in order to return power to the system and electricity to the fences and the bars?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grant wakes up in the maintenance shed, who does Grant hear Lex talking to?
2. As Dr. Grant is exploring the maintenance area and looking for a way to contact the control room, the T-rex almost kills another person. Who does the T-rex almost eat?
3. What does Gennaro expect the Costa Rican National Guard to do when they reach the island?
4. After the survivors were evacuated from the island, what happens to the island?
5. Who discovers Nedry's disabling code in the computer system?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the computer only accounted for 238 dinosaurs on the island when there were, as proven through Malcolm's testing, more than 238 dinosaurs on the island.
2. After a system reset, why do all of the individual modules have to be brought online manually?
3. As Dr. Grant tries to lead the raptors away from where Gennaro and the children are trapped, he finds the hatchery. Why is Grant excited to be in the hatchery?
4. Why was Nedry upset by the storm as he fled the compound and headed to the east dock?
5. Based on the behavior of the raptors on the beach, what does Grant realize about how the raptor colony is organized?
6. Since paleontologists had been digging up bones for years, what did Grant realize that he had forgotten as he was standing on the beach watching the raptors?
7. When Grant finds Gennaro in the truck at the generator's maintenance building, Gennaro is relieved to see him and relieved that the compys that had been surrounding the truck left when Grant approached. Grant is not surprised the compys didn't attack Gennaro. Why?
8. While dining with Dr. Wu as the storm rages on the island, what fear does John Hammond admit to?
9. Describe the role that an animal's temperament plays in how tranquilizers affect the beast, as alluded to by Muldoon when he and Gennaro were about to attempt to tranquilize the T-rex.
10. Why does Ellie hope that Grant and the children are together in the park?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)