|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nedry disable the computer system's security features to hide the theft of the embryos?
(a) Nedry uses a RAM boost.
(b) Nedry uses a white rabbit.
(c) Nedry uses a Trojan horse.
(d) Nedry uses a looping pattern.
2. Finding the maintenance tunnel behind the waterfall, Grant goes in. What attacks Grant in the maintenance area?
(a) A juvenile raptor.
(b) A juvenile microsaurus.
(c) A juvenile compy.
(d) A juvenile T-rex.
3. As Muldoon and Gennaro are tracking the T-rex, Arnold calls them over the radio. What does Arnold tell them?
(a) He's found Nedry.
(b) He's found Grant and the children.
(c) He's found the raptor nest.
(d) He's found the T-rex.
4. .Why does the first tranquilizer that Muldoon shoots at the T-rex miss its intended mark?
(a) Muldoon's hand is shaking.
(b) The battery is dead in the laser sights.
(c) The gun is calibrated for Arnold's touch.
(d) The T-rex lunges at the exact moment Muldoon fires.
5. Where do Tim and Lex meet up again with Grant and Gennaro?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the extraction lab.
(c) In the nursery.
(d) In the control room.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Harding and Sattler drive up to the compound, who comes out to meet them waving his arms?
2. As the raptors are standing on the beach, which of the raptors are standing at the outside of the formation?
3. What type of DNA did the scientists at the park use to fill in the gaps in the dinosaur DNA?
4. Why were the emergency radios inoperable when Muldoon first distributed them among the staff?
5. What kind of creature is Lex talking to when Grant wakes up in the maintenance shed?
Short Essay Questions
1. While dining with Dr. Wu as the storm rages on the island, what fear does John Hammond admit to?
2. As Dr. Grant tries to lead the raptors away from where Gennaro and the children are trapped, he finds the hatchery. Why is Grant excited to be in the hatchery?
3. While hiding from the Tyrannosaurus rex after fleeing the electric car, Ed Regis is visibly upset and feeling very guilty. Why does Ed feel guilty?
4. Describe why Arnold is somewhat impressed by the code that Nedry had programmed in to the computer system to disable the system while Nedry stole the embryos.
5. After a system reset, why do all of the individual modules have to be brought online manually?
6. How do Tim and Lex survive their encounter with the raptor in the lodge?
7. After the power is restored and the systems are reset, Grant comments that equilibrium is being restored to the island. How is true equilibrium being reached on the island?
8. Why is Grant unable to contact the control room and advise them that the ship needs to be recalled just before the cars grind to a stop and are unable to move?
9. After discovering the missing embryos, Dr. Wu runs a search and discovers something about the frog DNA that Dr. Grant had referred to. What did Wu discover?
10. Why was Nedry upset by the storm as he fled the compound and headed to the east dock?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)