|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do Sattler and Harding receive over the walkie-talkie?
(a) The raptors are attacking the compound.
(b) The children have been killed.
(c) The other cars have been attacked.
(d) Their other car is needed at the compound.
2. As Grant is sitting by the pool in San Juan waiting for the government to allow the survivors to return to the United States, who comes up to Grant and introduces himself?
(a) Dr. Jones.
(b) Dr. Cruz.
(c) Dr. Guitierrez.
(d) Dr. Mandel.
3. Where does Tim finally find Lex after finding the other car on the main road?
(a) In an emergency bunker.
(b) In a storage shed.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a drainage pipe.
4. Where do Dr. Grant and the children take shelter for the night in the park?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a maintenance building.
(c) Behind a waterfall.
(d) Up a tree.
5. Where do the raptors head after leaving the nests?
(a) To the lodge.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To the helicopter pad.
(d) To the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. After escaping from the aviary, Grant and the children continue to float down the river but realize they are being stalked by an animal following them along the river's edge just behind the trees. What is stalking the trio?
2. How many lines of code do the Jurassic Park computers contain?
3. When Grant, Gennaro, Tim, and Lex finally reach the control room, who is able to restart the main power from the computer?
4. As Grant watches the behavior of the raptors, what does he suddenly realize the raptors are preparing to do?
5. As the raft Grant and the children are floating on continues down the river, they encounter two dilophosaurs at the river's edge. What disturbs the dilophosaurs so that the trio can slip by the dinosaurs unnoticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hammond is proud that the motion sensors cover 92% of the park. Malcolm maintains that the sensors are inadequate. Why?
2. Why does the mention of Malcolm's name convince Arnold to shut down and reboot the entire computer system?
3. Nedry modifies the computer program in order to hide the theft of the embryos and buy enough time for him to meet the boat at the east dock. What exactly does Nedry program the computer to do?
4. Why is Grant unable to contact the control room and advise them that the ship needs to be recalled just before the cars grind to a stop and are unable to move?
5. When the sensors finally come back online, they do not locate Grant and Hammond's grandchildren. Why not?
6. Based on his prior experience in Africa, what does Muldoon expect to see as a result of the Tyrannosaurus rex's attack on the electric cars?
7. While hiding from the Tyrannosaurus rex after fleeing the electric car, Ed Regis is visibly upset and feeling very guilty. Why does Ed feel guilty?
8. Why does Ellie hope that Grant and the children are together in the park?
9. Since paleontologists had been digging up bones for years, what did Grant realize that he had forgotten as he was standing on the beach watching the raptors?
10. When Arnold finally spots the T-rex and radios the dinosaur's position to Muldoon and Gennaro, why does Muldoon become irritated with Arnold?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)