|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hammond's group makes its way from the landing site to the tourist compound, what does Alan Grant see?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A large lizard.
(d) A prehistoric plant.
2. What do Grant and his team affectionately call the CAST program they use to locate fossils underground?
3. What does the sign the group travels under on their way to the tourist compound say?
(a) Enter at your own risk.
(b) Please do not feed the animals.
(c) Welcome to Jurassic Park.
(d) Welcome to Safari Island.
4. As Alan is getting ready to leave the dig site, what type of fossil is he worried about protecting until his return?
(a) A triceratops.
(b) A Tyrannosaurus rex.
(c) A stegosaurus.
(d) A velociraptor.
5. While on the dig site, how do Grant and his team measure the passing of time?
(a) By the temperature gradient variation.
(b) By cases of beer.
(c) By the movement of the sun.
(d) By the number of fossils found.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the researcher obtain the carcass of the lizard on the beach where Tina was attacked?
2. How does the research doctor explain the symptoms that Tina experienced after being bitten by the lizard?
3. According to Hammond, how many people have died during the construction on Hammond's park?
4. How big was the elephant that Hammond used to carry around in a cage to help him in his fund-raising meetings?
5. How does John Hammond characterize Arnold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Dr. Grant concerned about protecting the partially exposed fossil before he departed for Costa Rica?
2. Hammond tries to defend Jurassic Park by saying it's like a zoo. How does Malcolm respond to Hammond's defense of the park?
3. According to Arnold, why is Jurassic Park the most ambitious theme park in history?
4. What is the final reminder to Gennaro from his boss regarding the purpose of Gennaro's trip to Costa Rica? Why does this reminder make Gennaro uncomfortable?
5. What is Ian Malcolm's area of specialization and how does this area apply to Safari Island?
6. What view does Muldoon hold that often puts him at odds with the Jurassic Park owners?
7. When the group reassembles in the visitor building in order to begin their tour, Malcolm upsets Hammond. What does Malcolm do?
8. According to the essay in the book's introduction, what is the purpose of genetic engineering research?
9. According to Dr. Wu, why did the scientists create so many procompsognathus?
10. Identify three glitches that Nedry still has to fix in the computer system.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)