|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the researcher obtain the carcass of the lizard on the beach where Tina was attacked?
(a) He shoots a monkey that has the lizard in its mouth.
(b) He finds the dead carcass near the water's edge.
(c) He traps the lizard in a cage.
(d) He shoots the lizard as it attacks a monkey.
2. What area of the park is not under constant monitoring from the control room?
(a) The raptor pens.
(b) The aviary area.
(c) The jungle river area.
(d) The helicopter pad.
3. What is the name of InGen's main competitor?
(a) BioGen Corporation.
(b) BioSyn Corporation.
(c) GenBio Corporation.
(d) InSyn Corporation.
4. What does the sign the group travels under on their way to the tourist compound say?
(a) Welcome to Jurassic Park.
(b) Welcome to Safari Island.
(c) Please do not feed the animals.
(d) Enter at your own risk.
5. Who is the staff member primarily responsible for designing the computer systems on Safari Island?
(a) Dennis Nedry.
(b) Ed Regis.
(c) Don Malsen
(d) Alan Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the Tropical Diseases Laboratory that Dr. Guitierrez sends the lizard carcass to?
2. When Hammond is carrying the elephant around trying to raise money, what kind of company is Hammond trying to start?
3. When the animals on the island are finally identified, what are the animals identified as?
4. According to Tina's description, what do the noises the lizard makes remind Tina of?
5. What two colors comprise the entire wardrobe of Ian Malcolm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reasons why the Environmental Protection Agency is suspicious of the Hammond Foundation in respect to amber?
2. Why does Arnold believe the computer system is completely secure?
3. What view does Muldoon hold that often puts him at odds with the Jurassic Park owners?
4. Why does the report received from Dr. Stone's team initially allay Dr. Guitierrez's fears about the lizard?
5. Why does Dr. Carter not believe Ed Regis' explanation of how the injured man helicoptered to the clinic was hurt?
6. As the group is traveling from the helicopter pad to the tourist compound after seeing the first dinosaurs, what do Grant and Malcolm discuss and why?
7. Why was Dr. Grant concerned about protecting the partially exposed fossil before he departed for Costa Rica?
8. What is Ian Malcolm's area of specialization and how does this area apply to Safari Island?
9. Identify three glitches that Nedry still has to fix in the computer system.
10. What about the graph of the procompsognathida population worries Malcolm?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)