|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles of electrified fences are on the island?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
2. Which dinosaurs kill simply for the pleasure of killing?
(a) Tyrannosaurus rex.
3. Who is in charge of creating and controlling the dinosaurs?
(a) Dr. Wu.
(b) Dr. Hammond.
(c) Dr. Regis.
(d) Dr. Grant.
4. What is amber?
(a) Treated tree sap.
(b) Petrified tree sap.
(c) Petrified mosquito blood.
(d) Treated mosquito blood.
5. What about the lizard on the Costa Rican beach catches Tina's attention?
(a) The lizard has three eyes.
(b) The lizard waves at Tina.
(c) The lizard is purple.
(d) The lizard stands on its hind legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the Tropical Diseases Laboratory that Dr. Guitierrez sends the lizard carcass to?
2. What is the name of InGen's main competitor?
3. What is the name of the midwife who finds the gruesome body of a newborn baby attacked by lizards in Costa Rica?
4. What version number are the dinosaurs that are currently living on the island?
5. As Hammond's group makes its way from the landing site to the tourist compound, what does Alan Grant see?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Dr. Wu, why did the scientists create so many procompsognathus?
2. What is the final reminder to Gennaro from his boss regarding the purpose of Gennaro's trip to Costa Rica? Why does this reminder make Gennaro uncomfortable?
3. Why was Dr. Grant concerned about protecting the partially exposed fossil before he departed for Costa Rica?
4. According to Malcolm, what is the difference between physics and chaos theory? Give examples for each.
5. Why was Gennaro not happy to have to make the trip to Hammond's island?
6. What comprised the bulk of the work undertaken by the Tropical Diseases Laboratory?
7. Why does Arnold believe the computer system is completely secure?
8. According to the essay in the book's introduction, what is the purpose of genetic engineering research?
9. Describe the "little" Tyrannosaurus rex that is in the T-Rex enclosure.
10. Why does Dr. Carter not believe Ed Regis' explanation of how the injured man helicoptered to the clinic was hurt?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)