|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the original staff members had already left the island by the time the helicopter landed on the beach?
2. How does Nedry disable the computer system's security features to hide the theft of the embryos?
(a) Nedry uses a Trojan horse.
(b) Nedry uses a RAM boost.
(c) Nedry uses a white rabbit.
(d) Nedry uses a looping pattern.
3. As the group waits for help to reach the island, what do Grant and Muldoon decide it is their duty to do?
(a) Preserve the scientific evidence.
(b) Save Malcolm's life.
(c) Destroy the original dinosaur DNA.
(d) Destroy the raptor nest.
4. When Grant is able to talk to Ellie on the radio after Grant and the children reach the lobby of the tourist center, what bad news does Ellie tell Grant?
(a) The raptors are loose.
(b) Malcolm is dead.
(c) Nedry is dead.
(d) The helicopter crashed.
5. After shooting the T-rex with the tranquilizer, what does the T-rex do?
(a) Charges Muldoon and Gennaro.
(b) Runs from Muldoon and Gennaro.
(c) Drops to its side.
(d) Swats at its neck, as if swatting a fly.
6. What does Tim share with Dr. Grant as they move through the tyrannosaurus paddock?
(a) Tim thinks Dr. Sattler is amazing.
(b) Tim and his sister fight all of the time.
(c) Tim hates going to school.
(d) Tim's parents are getting divorced.
7. What does Dr. Wu suggest that Arnold do to bypass the code that Nedry placed in the system to disable the phones?
(a) Reset the system.
(b) Keep looking for another white rabbit.
(c) Turn off the power at the generator.
(d) Find the kids to fix the system.
8. Why were the emergency radios inoperable when Muldoon first distributed them among the staff?
(a) No one had charged them.
(b) No one had tested them.
(c) The power was still out.
(d) There were no batteries.
9. Inside the dinosaur nursery, what does Tim use to try to distract the raptors that are chasing him?
(a) A yellow ball.
(b) A baby raptor.
(c) A baby triceratops.
(d) A toy truck.
10. What kind of insects with six-foot wingspans fly by the children as they leave the maintenance shed?
(b) Horse flies.
(c) Flying ants.
11. Who is in the Jeep with Muldoon as he races into the park to look for Hammond's grandchildren?
12. As the Jeep that Muldoon is driving approaches the last known location of the electric cars, what do the men see lying by the side of the road?
(a) A T-rex.
(b) A raptor.
(c) A leg.
(d) A baseball.
13. As Muldoon leaves Ellie's room, what does Muldoon ask Ellie to do?
(a) Accompany him into the park.
(b) Charge the emergency radios.
(c) Fix the computer system.
(d) Help with Malcolm's care.
14. How do Grant and the children gain a sense of direction as they move through the tyrannosaurus paddock?
(a) They discover a compass in the utility shed.
(b) They use the numbers on the motion sensors.
(c) They follow the river.
(d) They use the stars for guidance.
15. What sound drew the raptors out of their nest?
(a) Injured animals.
(b) Helicopter blades.
(c) Yelling children.
(d) Diesel engines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of DNA did the scientists at the park use to fill in the gaps in the dinosaur DNA?
2. When the soldiers on the helicopters that pick up the remaining group members from the island ask who is in charge, what does Grant reply?
3. From the damage to one section of the park's fencing, where does the park staff realize the tyrannosaurus has gone?
4. What kind of dinosaurs kills John Hammond?
5. As the raft Grant and the children are floating on continues down the river, they encounter two dilophosaurs at the river's edge. What disturbs the dilophosaurs so that the trio can slip by the dinosaurs unnoticed?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)