|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the raft that Grant and the children are floating on picks up speed and nears the waterfall, what does Grant see as he looks over the waterfall to the surging pool below the falls?
(a) Nedry's body.
(c) The T-rex.
(d) Muldoon's Jeep.
2. What kind of insects with six-foot wingspans fly by the children as they leave the maintenance shed?
(c) Flying ants.
(d) Horse flies.
3. What does Tim share with Dr. Grant as they move through the tyrannosaurus paddock?
(a) Tim and his sister fight all of the time.
(b) Tim thinks Dr. Sattler is amazing.
(c) Tim hates going to school.
(d) Tim's parents are getting divorced.
4. As the Jeep that Muldoon is driving approaches the last known location of the electric cars, what do the men see lying by the side of the road?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A T-rex.
(c) A raptor.
(d) A leg.
5. Before leaving the stream that he fell into after being startled, what does John Hammond do?
(a) Drink the water.
(b) Call for help on the radio.
(c) Find a stick as a cane.
(d) Say a prayer.
6. How does Nedry disable the computer system's security features to hide the theft of the embryos?
(a) Nedry uses a RAM boost.
(b) Nedry uses a white rabbit.
(c) Nedry uses a Trojan horse.
(d) Nedry uses a looping pattern.
7. What does Grant use to poison the raptors?
(a) A tranquilizer gun.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A dead carcass.
(d) A dinosaur egg.
8. When Grant is able to talk to Ellie on the radio after Grant and the children reach the lobby of the tourist center, what bad news does Ellie tell Grant?
(a) The helicopter crashed.
(b) Malcolm is dead.
(c) The raptors are loose.
(d) Nedry is dead.
9. Who is already on board one of the military helicopters sent to rescue the people from Isla Nublar?
10. What is Gennaro extremely reluctant to do and only does when physically threatened by Muldoon?
(a) Steal an egg from the raptor's nest.
(b) Guard the raptor's nest.
(c) Climb into the raptor's nest.
(d) Bomb the raptor's nest.
11. As Dr. Grant is exploring the maintenance area and looking for a way to contact the control room, the T-rex almost kills another person. Who does the T-rex almost eat?
12. In the morning, why do Grant and the children decide to leave the maintenance shed?
(a) To return to the compound.
(b) To set off a motion detector.
(c) To find food for breakfast.
(d) To find the others.
13. How does Nedry come to realize that he misses the turn off for the east dock?
(a) He sees the raptor pen.
(b) He sees the tourist compound ahead.
(c) He sees a gray barrier across the road.
(d) He sees the sign for the west dock.
14. According to Malcolm, what does the "Malcolm Effect" imply?
(b) Intelligent reasoning.
(d) Catastrophic changes.
15. Who does Hammond ultimately blame for Jurassic Park's failure?
(a) His employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Wu suggest that Arnold do to bypass the code that Nedry placed in the system to disable the phones?
2. How does Grant distract the final raptor after killing the other two in an effort to free Gennaro and the children from where they are trapped?
3. As Ellie is in her room about to change out of her wet clothes, Muldoon knocks on her door. What does Muldoon tell Ellie?
4. Who finally reaches Sattler and Harding as they are following the compys using a walkie-talkie?
5. How many lines of code do the Jurassic Park computers contain?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)