|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle is used for the tour through the animal enclosures?
2. According to Malcolm, how large is the full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex?
(a) As large as an airplane.
(b) As large as a Sequoia.
(c) As large as a building.
(d) As large as an elephant.
3. What is amber?
(a) Petrified mosquito blood.
(b) Treated mosquito blood.
(c) Petrified tree sap.
(d) Treated tree sap.
4. Why does the ship that is unloading supplies at the dock request an early departure from the island?
(a) A more important job has been assigned.
(b) The captain is sick.
(c) A storm is rolling in.
(d) The ship is behind schedule.
5. When the animals on the island are finally identified, what are the animals identified as?
(b) Domesticated tigers.
6. When Hammond is carrying the elephant around trying to raise money, what kind of company is Hammond trying to start?
(a) An amusement park.
(b) A genetics company.
(c) A medical research firm.
(d) A corporate think-tank.
7. When the InGen helicopter lands outside of the clinic, who gets out of the helicopter?
(a) Dennis Nedry.
(b) Ed Regis.
(c) John Hammond.
(d) Alan Grant.
8. How does the control room keep track of the animals in the park?
(a) Through birth and death tallies.
(b) Through motion sensors.
(c) Through aerial surveillance.
(d) Through visual accounting.
9. What type of dinosaur do the tour group members first see as their tour begins through the park?
(a) Tyrannosaurus rex.
10. Who is in charge of creating and controlling the dinosaurs?
(a) Dr. Wu.
(b) Dr. Grant.
(c) Dr. Regis.
(d) Dr. Hammond.
11. How do the scientists ensure that the dinosaurs will not breed in the wild?
(a) The dinosaurs are confined during mating season.
(b) The two sexes of dinosaurs are kept in separate enclosures.
(c) The dinosaurs have no reproductive organs.
(d) The dinosaurs are all female.
12. What is the name of the family on vacation in the jungles of Costa Rica?
13. How big was the elephant that Hammond used to carry around in a cage to help him in his fund-raising meetings?
(a) Twenty-four inches.
(b) Nine inches.
(c) Fifteen inches.
(d) Three inches.
14. How often does the computer conduct the category tally on the dinosaurs?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every 5 minutes.
(c) Every 15 minutes.
(d) Every 30 minutes.
15. What is John Hammond's island off of the Costa Rican coast also known as?
(a) Isla Mubcan.
(b) Isla Negla.
(c) Isla Rica.
(d) Isla Nublar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kinds of animals are originally supposed to be on Hammond's island?
2. How will the embryos be smuggled off of Hammond's island?
3. What is Dr. Ellie Sattler's specialization?
4. What version number are the dinosaurs that are currently living on the island?
5. What university is Dr. Grant affiliated with?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)