|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the scientists ensure that the dinosaurs will not breed in the wild?
(a) The dinosaurs are confined during mating season.
(b) The two sexes of dinosaurs are kept in separate enclosures.
(c) The dinosaurs have no reproductive organs.
(d) The dinosaurs are all female.
2. What do Grant and his team affectionately call the CAST program they use to locate fossils underground?
3. Who meets Hammond's group after they land on Safari Island?
(a) John Malcolm.
(b) Ed Regis.
(c) Don Malsen.
(d) Dennis Nedry.
4. How does the control room keep track of the animals in the park?
(a) Through aerial surveillance.
(b) Through birth and death tallies.
(c) Through visual accounting.
(d) Through motion sensors.
5. What type of animal does Grant first see after landing on the island?
(a) A velociraptor.
(b) A brontosaur.
(c) A triceratops.
(d) A Tyrannosaurus rex.
6. What area of the park is not under constant monitoring from the control room?
(a) The jungle river area.
(b) The aviary area.
(c) The helicopter pad.
(d) The raptor pens.
7. What is John Hammond's island off of the Costa Rican coast also known as?
(a) Isla Mubcan.
(b) Isla Negla.
(c) Isla Rica.
(d) Isla Nublar.
8. What does Tina do when she notices the lizard on the Costa Rican beach?
(a) Tina calls to the lizard.
(b) Tina yells for help.
(c) Tina finds her parents.
(d) Tina begins to draw the lizard.
9. When the InGen helicopter lands outside of the clinic, who gets out of the helicopter?
(a) Ed Regis.
(b) Dennis Nedry.
(c) John Hammond.
(d) Alan Grant.
10. What is delivered to Grant and Sattler at their dig site from InGen?
(a) Their travel documents.
(b) InGen's financial statements.
(c) Architectural plans.
(d) Photos of the island.
11. How does the researcher obtain the carcass of the lizard on the beach where Tina was attacked?
(a) He shoots a monkey that has the lizard in its mouth.
(b) He shoots the lizard as it attacks a monkey.
(c) He traps the lizard in a cage.
(d) He finds the dead carcass near the water's edge.
12. How does John Hammond characterize Arnold?
(a) As a worrier.
(b) As a brilliant mind.
(c) As a hothead.
(d) As a calming force.
13. Once Dr. Guitierrez retrieves the carcass of the lizard on the beach, where does he decide to send the carcass for testing?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Duke University.
14. What is the name of the visiting physician working in a clinic on the West Coast of Costa Rica?
(a) Dr. Billy Carter.
(b) Dr. Bobby Carter.
(c) Dr. Barry Carter.
(d) Dr. Barbara Carter.
15. What is the name of the veterinarian for Jurassic Park?
(a) Dr. Creighton.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Dr. Hadley.
(d) Dr. Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Arnold?
2. How many kinds of animals are originally supposed to be on Hammond's island?
3. As the group watches the one raptor they can see in the pen, what happens?
4. What is amber?
5. Where does the gruesome attack by lizards on a newborn baby take place?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)