|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the dig site located that Grant and Sattler are currently working?
2. How many gas-powered vehicles were available for getting around the island?
3. As Hammond and Wu listen to the negative comments from the tour participants, who does Hammond blame for all of the negativity?
4. What is the name of Tina's doctor in Puntarenas?
(a) Dr. Benson.
(b) Dr. Guitierrez.
(c) Dr. Carter.
(d) Dr. Cruz.
5. Who is traveling in the second car for the tour through the animal enclosures?
(a) Tim, Lex, and Ed.
(b) Tim, Grant, and Malcolm.
(c) Ed, Grant, and Malcolm.
(d) Tim, Lex, and Gennaro.
6. According to Tina's description, what do the noises the lizard makes remind Tina of?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) A snake.
(d) A cat.
7. How does the control room keep track of the animals in the park?
(a) Through visual accounting.
(b) Through aerial surveillance.
(c) Through motion sensors.
(d) Through birth and death tallies.
8. How do the scientists ensure that the dinosaurs will not breed in the wild?
(a) The dinosaurs have no reproductive organs.
(b) The dinosaurs are confined during mating season.
(c) The two sexes of dinosaurs are kept in separate enclosures.
(d) The dinosaurs are all female.
9. What does the sign the group travels under on their way to the tourist compound say?
(a) Welcome to Safari Island.
(b) Welcome to Jurassic Park.
(c) Enter at your own risk.
(d) Please do not feed the animals.
10. How does the researcher obtain the carcass of the lizard on the beach where Tina was attacked?
(a) He traps the lizard in a cage.
(b) He shoots a monkey that has the lizard in its mouth.
(c) He shoots the lizard as it attacks a monkey.
(d) He finds the dead carcass near the water's edge.
11. Who meets Hammond's group after they land on Safari Island?
(a) Ed Regis.
(b) Dennis Nedry.
(c) Don Malsen.
(d) John Malcolm.
12. Which sick dinosaur is the veterinarian caring for in the park?
(a) A brontosaurus.
(b) A stegosaurus.
(c) A liphosaurus.
(d) A dilophosaur.
13. Why does the ship that is unloading supplies at the dock request an early departure from the island?
(a) The ship is behind schedule.
(b) The captain is sick.
(c) A storm is rolling in.
(d) A more important job has been assigned.
14. What do Grant and his team affectionately call the CAST program they use to locate fossils underground?
15. What about the lizard on the Costa Rican beach catches Tina's attention?
(a) The lizard stands on its hind legs.
(b) The lizard waves at Tina.
(c) The lizard is purple.
(d) The lizard has three eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Malcolm, how large is the full-grown Tyrannosaurus rex?
2. What is kept in a locked room in the basement of the compound that only Muldoon has the key to?
3. What type of baby dinosaur does the tour group meet when they enter the nursery?
4. At the raptor pen, Grant, Sattler, Malcolm, and the kids see only one raptor at first. What is the one raptor doing?
5. How does Ellie Sattler react when she sees the island's animals?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)