|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20 | Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Alan is getting ready to leave the dig site, what type of fossil is he worried about protecting until his return?
(a) A velociraptor.
(b) A Tyrannosaurus rex.
(c) A stegosaurus.
(d) A triceratops.
2. How does the researcher obtain the carcass of the lizard on the beach where Tina was attacked?
(a) He shoots a monkey that has the lizard in its mouth.
(b) He finds the dead carcass near the water's edge.
(c) He shoots the lizard as it attacks a monkey.
(d) He traps the lizard in a cage.
3. How big was the elephant that Hammond used to carry around in a cage to help him in his fund-raising meetings?
(a) Fifteen inches.
(b) Three inches.
(c) Nine inches.
(d) Twenty-four inches.
4. What is the name of the midwife who finds the gruesome body of a newborn baby attacked by lizards in Costa Rica?
5. While on the dig site, how do Grant and his team measure the passing of time?
(a) By the number of fossils found.
(b) By the temperature gradient variation.
(c) By the movement of the sun.
(d) By cases of beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the embryos be smuggled off of Hammond's island?
2. What is John Hammond's island off of the Costa Rican coast also known as?
3. Why is the species type of the lizard not determined in the initial work-up by the Tropical Diseases Laboratory?
4. Who is the staff member primarily responsible for designing the computer systems on Safari Island?
5. Who is the researcher that Tina's doctor refers the family to in order to determine what kind of animal attacked their daughter on the Costa Rican beach?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)