|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 | Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mathematician that will be accompanying Grant and Sattler to the Costa Rican island?
(a) Bob Morris.
(b) Daniel Ross.
(c) Ian Malcolm.
(d) Donald Gennaro.
2. How much funding for Grant's dig is received from the Hammond Foundation?
(a) $30,000 per year for five years.
(b) $50,000 per year for three years.
(c) $40,000 per year for two years.
(d) $20,000 per year for four years.
3. What is the name of the family on vacation in the jungles of Costa Rica?
4. As Alan is getting ready to leave the dig site, what type of fossil is he worried about protecting until his return?
(a) A triceratops.
(b) A velociraptor.
(c) A Tyrannosaurus rex.
(d) A stegosaurus.
5. Once Dr. Guitierrez retrieves the carcass of the lizard on the beach, where does he decide to send the carcass for testing?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Duke University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the researcher that Tina's doctor refers the family to in order to determine what kind of animal attacked their daughter on the Costa Rican beach?
2. How does the research doctor explain the symptoms that Tina experienced after being bitten by the lizard?
3. Where is the dig site located that Grant and Sattler are currently working?
4. Where does the gruesome attack by lizards on a newborn baby take place?
5. According to the findings at the Tropical Diseases Laboratory, what is the lizard's blood mildly reactive to?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)