|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bill and Pat decide to stop selling?
(a) Bill has an overdose.
(b) Their friend has an overdose.
(c) The police are beginning to target addicts.
(d) They find God.
2. What does Old Ike begin purchasing from pharmacies each month?
(a) Medical morphine
(c) Anti depressants
3. Bill think he is dying of ______________.
4. What character does Bill meet again in this segment?
5. What does the lawyer want to use as evidence that Bill was not legally competent when he signed the statement?
(a) His shaking hands
(b) His bribery of a policeman
(c) His constant laughing
(d) His constant screaming
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burroughs present in Appendix 2?
2. What county does Bill flee to in this chapter?
3. Of what does Bill complain that his apartment smells?
4. Why does Bill run out of money so quickly?
5. What does Bill begin searching for the moment he arrives in Mexico City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is drink affecting Bill in a bad way in Segment 10?
2. What is the purpose of what seems an irrelevant segment?
3. Why do Pat and Bill decide to stop selling drugs?
4. What information does Gains bring about Bill's old acquaintances?
5. Describe Bill's time with the young drug users.
6. Describe Bill's arrest.
7. In what way do the police treat Bill badly?
8. Of what does Appendix 3 consist?
9. Of what do appendices 4, 5, 6 and 7 consist?
10. How does the government help Bill and Old Ike continue their habits?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)