|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill read about in the text from the manuscript?
(a) His brother's success
(b) Junkies banned in subways
(c) His parents death
(d) A quack medical treatment
2. Why does Bill run out of money so quickly?
(a) He starts to use prostitutes.
(b) He lives the good llife.
(c) Lupita's drugs are so expensive.
(d) His rent is expensive.
3. What drug does Bill turn to after he quits junk?
4. For what does Old Ike receive a permit?
(a) To deal drugs
(b) To live in the street
(c) To drink alcohol on the street
(d) To buy morphine
5. Yage is from _________________.
(a) North America
(d) South America
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bill communicate with at the end of this segment?
2. Why do Bill and Pat decide to stop selling?
3. What does Bill say he has visions of in this chapter?
4. Where does Bill go when he is discharged?
5. Where does Bill live in Texas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is yage?
2. Describe Bill's time in Texas in Section 8.
3. Of what do appendices 4, 5, 6 and 7 consist?
4. Describe Bill's arrest.
5. What is Bill's situation by the end of this segment?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What are Bill's relationship with drugs in Segment 11?
8. Describe Bill's time with the young drug users.
9. Why does Bill decide to flee to Mexico?
10. What information does Gains bring about Bill's old acquaintances?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)