|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police think Bill is involved in selling?
(a) Stolen cars
(b) Stolen furniture
(c) Stolen radios
2. What does Bill attempt to kill in this segment?
(a) His wife
(b) His son
(c) His car
(d) His cat
3. What does Bill's wife say he is like while using junk?
(a) Bored and boring
(c) Broke and depressed
(d) Fun, but impotent
4. To whom is Burroughs letter written?
(a) His son
(b) His publisher
(c) His wife
(d) Allen Ginsburg
5. What does Bill go home to fetch in this section?
(a) A revolver
(b) A photograph
(c) A knife
(d) A pen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Bill from killing the answer to #149?
2. What does Bill search madly for when he gets home?
3. Where does Bill live in Texas?
4. What does Burroughs present in Appendix 2?
5. From what does the second doctor order Bill to stay away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. What does Bill discuss with the police in the interview in section 7?
3. How is drink affecting Bill in a bad way in Segment 10?
4. What is yage?
5. Describe Bill's time with the young drug users.
6. Of what do appendices 4, 5, 6 and 7 consist?
7. What information does Gains bring about Bill's old acquaintances?
8. In what way do the police treat Bill badly?
9. Of what does Appendix 3 consist?
10. What is Bill's wife's main complaint about his habit?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)