|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do to people with injection scars?
(a) Arrest them
(b) Shoot them
(c) Beat them up
(d) Chain them to a radiator
2. Bill think he is dying of ______________.
3. Which two characters help Bill to quit drugs?
(a) Bill's wife and Old Ike
(b) Mary and Jack
(c) Ray and Nick
(d) Gains and Pat
4. Where does Bill go when he is discharged?
(a) A hotel
(b) His brother's house
(d) A hostel
5. What does Old Ike begin purchasing from pharmacies each month?
(c) Medical morphine
(d) Anti depressants
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill go home to fetch in this section?
2. What do the police think Bill is involved in selling?
3. Why does Bill run out of money so quickly?
4. Where does Bill go for a shot of morphine?
5. What country does Bill travel to in search of yage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bill's arrest.
2. What is the purpose of what seems an irrelevant segment?
3. What is yage?
4. What is Bill's wife's main complaint about his habit?
5. How does Old Ike help Bill in this segment?
6. What information does Gains bring about Bill's old acquaintances?
7. Why do Pat and Bill decide to stop selling drugs?
8. Summarize the novel.
9. In what way do the police treat Bill badly?
10. What does Bill say happens to time when using morphine?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)