|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burroughs present in Appendix 1?
(a) Part of the original manuscript
(b) A glossary
(c) His own biography
(d) Character biographies
2. What character does Bill meet again in this segment?
3. What does yage stimulate?
4. Which two people take the answer to #153 away from Bill?
(a) Old Ike and Bill's wife
(b) The bartender and the policeman
(c) Mary and Jack
(d) Bill Gains and Subway Slim
5. To what does Bill equate giving up junk?
(a) Giving up sex
(b) Having to leave your mother's womb
(c) Giving up a way of life
(d) Giving up masterbation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at Bill's apartment?
2. What does Lupita control?
3. Why does Bill not argue with the police?
4. With whom does Bill partner at the beginning of this segment?
5. Which two characters help Bill to quit drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bill's time with the young drug users.
2. How does the government help Bill and Old Ike continue their habits?
3. Describe Bill's arrest.
4. What does Bill say happens to time when using morphine?
5. Why does Bill decide to flee to Mexico?
6. What are Bill's relationship with drugs in Segment 11?
7. What is the purpose of what seems an irrelevant segment?
8. What does Bill do after he is released from prison?
9. What is Bill's wife's main complaint about his habit?
10. What is yage?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)