|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bill kicked out of his hotel?
(a) For entertaining shady guests
(b) For attracting the police
(c) For stealing
(d) For dealing
2. Which of the following is not an example of a heroin dealer?
(a) Eric the fag
(b) George the Greek
(c) Louie the Bellhop
(d) Benny the Jew
3. What is a person that a lush robs called?
(a) A slag
(b) A mark
(c) A victim
(d) A fanny
4. Where does Herman write a false address?
(a) A lease
(b) An unemployment form
(c) An application form
(d) A prescription
5. Which of the following characters is said to mooch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill inject into his skin when Hermann goes to jail?
2. What is difficult to do when selling marijuana?
3. Who robs Bill in this chapter?
4. Why is Herman arrested?
5. What does Bill replace the heroin with every time he takes a shot from the bottle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jack?
2. How do things change when Hermann is arrested?
3. What is Bill's opinion on marijuana?
4. What happens to all the characters mentions in the first 20 pages?
5. What do Bill and Mary do in the apartment?
6. What happens to Marvin when he takes junk?
7. What is the difference between Burroughs' use of dialogue when talking to the police and his use of dialogue when talking to friends?
8. Describe Bill's time in the apartment in the opening chapters.
9. In what way could the novel be said to be junk driven?
10. Describe the character of Nick.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)