|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bill being watched by agents?
(a) His apartment
(b) A children's playground
(c) A restaurant
(d) A cafe
2. Which of the following is a character Bill meets at the apartment?
3. What does Marvin do before he even extracts the needle?
(a) Runs out of the door
(b) Passes out
4. In which state does Bill stay clean for four months?
(b) New York
5. What kind of cure does Bill plan to take on his trip?
(a) An overdose cure
(b) A reduction cure
(c) A seizure cure
(d) A full stop cure
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator?
2. With what do the two Bills cut their junk?
3. Which of the following characters is not mentioned in this chapter?
4. To where does Mary move?
5. What is a person that a lush robs called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the disturbance Doolie creates in the fifth section.
2. Describe the story about the mark who woke up while he was being robbed.
3. How do Lee and Roy become increasingly friendly in the opening ten pages?
4. Describe Bill's time in the prison facility.
5. How did Bill escape from the army?
6. What is the difference between Burroughs' use of dialogue when talking to the police and his use of dialogue when talking to friends?
7. How does Bill meet Mary?
8. How does Bill change his life at the beginning of page 34?
9. What do Bill and Mary do in the apartment?
10. What did Bill do after university?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)