|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bill buy drinks for in this segment?
(a) Miles Davis
(b) A prostitute
(c) A sailor
(d) A pimp
2. For what does Bill send Herman money?
3. What kind of bars does Bill go to in New Orleans?
(a) Gay bars
(b) Commercial bars
(c) Sailor bars
(d) Single bars
4. What does Marvin do before he even extracts the needle?
(a) Passes out
(d) Runs out of the door
5. Where does Whitey stab Subway Slim?
(a) In the back
(b) In the arm
(c) In the stomach
(d) In the leg
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug do Bill and Roy look for in this segment?
2. What does marijuana make people unfit to do?
3. Who does Bill meet at he end of this chapter?
4. Of what does Bill say Doolie is devoid?
5. About what do Mary and Bill initially talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norton give Bill in the opening pages?
2. Why is Herman arrested?
3. What kind of relationship do Bill and Pat develop in the sixth section?
4. What does Bill Gains and Bill do with the junk when they purchase it?
5. What happens to all the characters mentions in the first 20 pages?
6. What is the difference between Burroughs' use of dialogue when talking to the police and his use of dialogue when talking to friends?
7. What do Bill and Mary do in the apartment?
8. Describe the fight that occurs in the opening ten pages.
9. How does Bill change his life at the beginning of page 34?
10. Why does Gains not care about their dealer shortselling them?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)