|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who robs Bill in this chapter?
(a) A young man
(b) The sailor
(c) An old man
(d) A bartender
2. What does Bill do for the first time in this chapter?
(a) Has a homosexual experience
(b) Smokes crack
(c) Injects morphine
(d) Goes to a bar
3. With which character does Lee leave the bar?
(b) Subway Slim
4. Which of the following do Bill, Roy and Herman not spend their time doing?
(a) Buying morphine
(b) Injecting morphine
(c) Cleaning the apartment
(d) Hiding morphine
5. What does Bill say can sometimes improve in a marijuana user?
(a) Love life
(c) The flu
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bars does Bill go to in New Orleans?
2. What do Nick's customers accuse him of doing?
3. What kind of machine gun does Norton give to Bill?
4. Which of the following characters is not mentioned in this chapter?
5. In what city does Bill enter a drug rehab center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bill's opinion on marijuana?
2. What do Bill and Mary do in the apartment?
3. What did Bill do after university?
4. What is the difference between Burroughs' use of dialogue when talking to the police and his use of dialogue when talking to friends?
5. How was Bill able to travel around Europe?
6. How does Bill meet Mary?
7. How do Bill and Roy get enough money to continue their habits?
8. Describe the fight that occurs in the opening ten pages.
9. What is Bill's opinion of heroin dealers?
10. What happens to all the characters mentions in the first 20 pages?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)