|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of glossary does Bill present at the end of the book?
(a) Location used in the novel
(b) Characters in the novel
(d) Medical terms for drugs
2. Why does Bill not argue with the police?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He is too junk sick.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He sees no point.
3. What does yage stimulate?
4. To what does Bill equate giving up junk?
(a) Giving up sex
(b) Having to leave your mother's womb
(c) Giving up a way of life
(d) Giving up masterbation
5. Yage is from _________________.
(a) South America
(d) North America
6. Which city does Bill arrive in at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) San Paulo
(b) Mexico City
7. What character does Bill meet again in this segment?
8. Which two characters help Bill to quit drugs?
(a) Mary and Jack
(b) Gains and Pat
(c) Bill's wife and Old Ike
(d) Ray and Nick
9. What does Bill search madly for when he gets home?
(b) His passport
10. What does Bill begin searching for the moment he arrives in Mexico City?
11. Who appears at Bill's apartment?
(a) Bill's wife
(b) Old Ike
(d) Bill Gains
12. For what did Lupita try to use drugs?
(a) For fun
(b) To make her more sociable
(c) To control her weight
(d) To help get over someone's death
13. Of what does Bill complain that his apartment smells?
(d) Body odour
14. What state does Bill travel to in this section?
(b) New York
15. Bill think he is dying of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first doctor tell Bill to stop doing?
2. What does Burroughs present in Appendix 2?
3. What kind of drug does Bill find?
4. Why does Bill hire a lawyer?
5. What does Bill do against medical advice?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)