|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill attempt to kill in this segment?
(a) His son
(b) His wife
(c) His car
(d) His cat
2. Why do Bill and Pat decide to stop selling?
(a) The police are beginning to target addicts.
(b) Their friend has an overdose.
(c) They find God.
(d) Bill has an overdose.
3. What do the police find in Bill's car?
(a) Marijuana cigarettes
(c) A kilo of heroin
(d) A gun
4. Who does Bill communicate with at the end of this segment?
(a) The police
(b) His wife
(c) His attorney
5. Yage is from _________________.
(a) South America
(b) North America
6. What state does Bill travel to in this section?
(b) New York
7. What does Bill search madly for when he gets home?
(a) His passport
8. Why does Bill hire a lawyer?
(a) To get him off his charge back in the states
(b) To sue a drug dealer
(c) To keep the police away
(d) To secure resident papers
9. With whom does Bill partner at the beginning of this segment?
10. What does the first doctor tell Bill to stop doing?
(b) Taking drugs
11. What kind of bars does Bill visit in this chapter?
(a) Gay bars
(b) Sea side bars
(c) Tourist bars
(d) Single bars
12. Where does Bill go when he is discharged?
(a) His brother's house
(b) A hotel
(d) A hostel
13. What does Bill say life compresses into while using morphine?
(b) Bare need
(c) Heavenly light
(d) Cupboard space
14. Which two characters help Bill to quit drugs?
(a) Mary and Jack
(b) Ray and Nick
(c) Gains and Pat
(d) Bill's wife and Old Ike
15. With what does Lupita cut her drugs?
(b) Milk sugar
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Bill arrive in at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Of what does Bill complain that his apartment smells?
3. Who does Old Ike complain about in this chapter?
4. Which two people take the answer to #153 away from Bill?
5. What kind of glossary does Bill present at the end of the book?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)