|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bill live in Texas?
(d) El Paso
2. What does Burroughs present in Appendix 1?
(a) A glossary
(b) His own biography
(c) Character biographies
(d) Part of the original manuscript
3. To what does Bill equate giving up junk?
(a) Having to leave your mother's womb
(b) Giving up a way of life
(c) Giving up sex
(d) Giving up masterbation
4. What does Bill do against medical advice?
(a) Drinks alcohol
(b) Takes heroin
(c) Leaves the medical facility
(d) Eats ice cream
5. For what kind of drug do Bill and Old Ike ask the doctors to write prescriptions?
6. What does Bill study as a hobby?
7. What is Bill free to do while he waits to go to court?
(a) Stay at home
(d) Take drugs
8. Bill's wife has moved to ________________.
(a) New Orleans
(b) New York
9. Who does Bill hire in this segment?
(a) A pimp
(b) A lawyer
(c) A driver
(d) A prostitute
10. Which two people take the answer to #153 away from Bill?
(a) Old Ike and Bill's wife
(b) Bill Gains and Subway Slim
(c) The bartender and the policeman
(d) Mary and Jack
11. What do the police think Bill is involved in selling?
(a) Stolen furniture
(b) Stolen radios
(d) Stolen cars
12. What drug does Bill turn to after he quits junk?
13. What does Bill attempt to kill in this segment?
(a) His wife
(b) His cat
(c) His son
(d) His car
14. What kind of bars does Bill visit in this chapter?
(a) Tourist bars
(b) Gay bars
(c) Sea side bars
(d) Single bars
15. Of what does Bill complain that his apartment smells?
(b) Body odour
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of glossary does Bill present at the end of the book?
2. Which of the following best describes what type of place Brownsville is?
3. What does Lupita control?
4. What kind of drug does Bill find?
5. Who appears at Bill's apartment?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)