|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bill kicked out of his hotel?
(a) For entertaining shady guests
(b) For attracting the police
(c) For dealing
(d) For stealing
2. Which character moves in with Bill?
3. What drug do Bill and Roy look for in this segment?
4. What kind of drug do Bill and Pat buy?
5. What happens to Bill when he injects the heroin?
(a) He goes numb.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He vomits.
6. Where is Bill arrested in this segment?
(a) In his car
(b) In a park
(c) In a hospital
(d) His apartment
7. Why does Bill not care what happens when he is arrested?
(a) He wants to go somewhere warm.
(b) He is suffering from withdrawal.
(c) He needs the company.
(d) He enjoys the time away from his wife.
8. What is the name of the narrator?
(a) Jack Hobbs
(b) Bill Tornly
(c) William Lee
(d) William Burroughs
9. What kind of transport do Bill and Mary use to travel around the city?
(a) A taxi
(b) A tram
(c) A train
(d) A bus
10. What kind of machine gun does Norton give to Bill?
(a) A Yamaha
(b) A sub
(c) A Pietersen
(d) A Thompson
11. For what do Roy and Bill try to get prescriptions?
(a) Birth control
(d) Anti depressants
12. With what does the sailor say narcotics are connected?
13. What is the name of Bill's acquaintance at the beginning of this section?
14. Who are Bill and Mary looking for as they drive around the city?
(a) A prostitute
(b) Frankie Malone
(d) Drug dealers
15. At whose apartment does Bill stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Bill, Roy and Herman not spend their time doing?
2. What does Lee start dealing to Roy?
3. Of what does Bill say Doolie is devoid?
4. Which character is said to be teetering on the edge of death?
5. At what does Mary become angry?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)