|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the elephant performance last?
2. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
3. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
4. How big is the cobra?
5. Who is Big Toomai?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Kotick is doing something for the good of others when he is searching, how do the rest of the seals view him?
2. Describe how the family reacts to snakes.
3. Describe the Sea Vitch's appearance.
4. What does it mean that Rikki saves Teddy from the first snake before his father can?
5. Describe how Rikki feels about the father and mother.
6. How does the theme of the importance of animals show up when Rikki overhears Nag and his wife?
7. Describe Petersen's character.
8. Describe how Kotick's white coat works to his advantage.
9. Describe the character of Kala Nag.
10. How do the other seals view Kotick in the beginning of Chapter Four and how does that change in the end of Chapter Four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the monkey people and Kaa. How are they the same? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kipling illustrate the carelessness of youth in Chapter two? In what ways does Mowgli's behavior exhibit that?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Kotick and his father, Sea Catch. How are they alike? How are they different?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)