|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eggs does Rikki find in the melon patch?
2. Who is Chuchundra?
3. How big is the cobra?
4. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
5. When does Sea Catch comes to Novastoshnah?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Kotick more mature than the other seals his age?
2. Describe how Kotick's white coat works to his advantage.
3. What does it mean that Rikki saves Teddy from the first snake before his father can?
4. Describe the relationship between Nag and Nagaina. Who is more practical and how?
5. How do the other seals view Kotick in the beginning of Chapter Four and how does that change in the end of Chapter Four?
6. How do the lives of the native elephant workers differ from those British men in Chapter Six?
7. Even though Kotick is doing something for the good of others when he is searching, how do the rest of the seals view him?
8. What do you think Sea Catch's scars from fighting for his land for his children represent?
9. Describe Petersen's character.
10. Describe the character of Kala Nag.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the native elephant drivers and hunters to Petersen and the other British men.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Rikki and the snakes in Chapter five. Be sure to give specific examples of how they help or hurt each other. Do you think they have this relationship is the family never takes Rikki in?
Essay Topic 3
Foreshadowing is used by Kipling throughout The Jungle Book. Give three examples of foreshadowing and how it is used to tell events yet to come.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)