|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the human villagers send Mowgli to work in the middle of Chapter Three?
2. In Chapter Three when Mowgli learns Shere Khan is coming back to kill him, who actually concerns Mowgli more than the tiger?
3. When Baloo punishes Mowgli, what do other characters do that is nice to Mowgli?
4. What does Red Flower refer to?
5. What does Mowgli use to scare the wolf pack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Mowgli does not accomplish in Chapter Three if it isn't for his friends.
2. How does Mowgli's ignorance of religion hurt his chances with the villagers?
3. Describe the fall of Akela's character in Chapter One.
4. Explain the Law of the Jungle.
5. How does the mother wolf approach the situation with the man-cub?
6. How does Mowgli use his difference from the wolf pack as a strength against the wolf pack in Chapter One?
7. Is the jackal respected by the other jungle creatures? Why or why not?
8. How is the wolf pack easily influenced?
9. Describe why the monkey people are not respected in the jungle.
10. What is the final reason Mowgli is cast out of the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Shere Khan as an antagonist.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the native elephant drivers and hunters to Petersen and the other British men.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the wives and husbands (animal and human) in Chapter five. How are animals wives portrayed, compared to their husbands? How is the human wife portrayed, compared to her husband? What is Kipling saying with this?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)