|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
(c) Big Toomai.
2. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To scare Chuchundra.
(b) To fool Teddy's father.
(c) To lure Nagaina.
(d) To fool his wife.
3. Who is Big Toomai?
(a) Another elephant.
(b) Kala Nag's elephant.
(c) Another snake.
(d) Kala Nag's driver.
4. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) The tailorbirds.
(c) Nag and Nagaina.
5. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is Kala Nag?
2. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
3. Who is plotting to kill Teddy's family?
4. How old is Kala Nag?
5. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rikki feels about the father and mother.
2. How do the lives of the native elephant workers differ from those British men in Chapter Six?
3. How does the theme of the importance of animals show up when Rikki overhears Nag and his wife?
4. Describe how the family reacts to snakes.
5. How do the other seals view Kotick in the beginning of Chapter Four and how does that change in the end of Chapter Four?
6. What does it mean that Rikki saves Teddy from the first snake before his father can?
7. Explain the differences between Little Toomai and Big Toomai.
8. How is Kipling's theme of animals being more innocent than humans resurface in Chapter Four?
9. Describe how Kotick's white coat works to his advantage.
10. How is the danger of the cobras foreshadowed early on in Chapter Five?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)