|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Sixty-six miles.
2. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
(c) The superstitious native men.
(d) Kala Nag.
3. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(b) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(c) The girl seals.
4. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
5. Little Toomai goes to the elephant dance, even though he is supposed to be watching who?
(b) Kala Nag.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
2. What doesn't Kotick know about the Sea Cow?
3. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
4. When the seal hunters first see Kotick, what do they think?
5. How big is the cobra?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other seals view Kotick in the beginning of Chapter Four and how does that change in the end of Chapter Four?
2. Describe Petersen's character.
3. How does the theme of the importance of animals show up when Rikki overhears Nag and his wife?
4. Describe the Sea Vitch's appearance.
5. Describe how Kotick's white coat works to his advantage.
6. Describe how the family reacts to snakes.
7. Describe the relationship between Nag and Nagaina. Who is more practical and how?
8. Describe how Rikki feels about the father and mother.
9. Why is Little Toomai able to see the dance and not the adults?
10. Explain the differences between Little Toomai and Big Toomai.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)