|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) He is cast out by his family.
(b) Someone kidnaps him.
(c) A flood forces him out of his home.
(d) A cobra scares him away.
2. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(b) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(c) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(d) The girl seals.
3. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
(b) Black snake.
4. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
5. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Nagaina?
2. How old is Kala Nag?
3. What is a holluschickie?
4. Who is Big Toomai?
5. Why is Kotick seeking out Sea Vitch and Sea Cow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the family reacts to snakes.
2. In what ways are Kotick's mom and the girl seal impressed with him at the end of the Chapter Four?
3. How does the theme of the importance of animals show up when Rikki overhears Nag and his wife?
4. Explain why is Darzee singing a mournful song at the end of Chapter Five?
5. What do you think Sea Catch's scars from fighting for his land for his children represent?
6. Explain the purpose of the elephant dance.
7. What does it mean that Rikki saves Teddy from the first snake before his father can?
8. How does Little Toomai prepare for the possibility of an elephant dance?
9. Why do you think Little Toomai is surprised to see Petersen's elephant at the dance?
10. In what ways is Kotick more mature than the other seals his age?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)