|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many languages does Mowgli repeat the call in?
2. Who finds the man-cub?
(a) Mother and Father Wolf.
(d) Shere Khan.
3. When Shere Khan comes back, who is he hunting with?
(a) Gray Brother.
(d) Father Wolf.
4. What is the main reason Mowgli decides try to leave the Cold Lairs?
(a) He misses Baloo.
(b) He is scared of Kaa.
(c) The monkeys annoy him.
(d) He is hungry, and the monkeys are not bringing him food.
5. Who spreads news of the fight with the monkeys to the rest of the jungle?
(b) Mang the bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Baloo punishes Mowgli, what do other characters do that is nice to Mowgli?
2. After they have eaten, how do tigers like Shere Khan feel?
3. How is Mowgli to know when Shere Khan returns?
4. Who is the first family introduced in the book?
5. Who makes fun of Mowgli in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Baloo and Bagheera team up with Kaa?
2. Describe why the monkey people are not respected in the jungle.
3. Describe Gray Brother's demeanor and the reasons for it when he comes to bring Mowgli news in Chapter Three.
4. Is the jackal respected by the other jungle creatures? Why or why not?
5. How does Mowgli use his difference from the wolf pack as a strength against the wolf pack in Chapter One?
6. Describe the fall of Akela's character in Chapter One.
7. Deep down inside, what do you think Mowgli considers himself, a man or a wolf?
8. In what ways are Baloo and Bagheera good friends to Mowgli?
9. Describe how Mowgli is appalled by the villagers.
10. Describe Mowgli's appearance when he first meets the wolf family and their impression of him.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)