|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the jungle?
(a) Costa Rica.
2. What is the meaning of the call that all creatures repeat, when they are hunting outside their home turf?
(a) The call requests safe passage.
(b) The call requests other creatures to stay in their dens.
(c) The call requests animals to bring them meat.
(d) Asks other creatures to show the best hunting spots.
3. Who does Mowgli say a special goodbye to before leaving?
(a) Mother Wolf.
(c) Father Wolf.
(d) Shere Khan.
4. In Chapter Two, who fights with the monkeys first in The Cold Lairs after Mowgli is taken?
5. Who tells Mowgli to save Akela?
(b) Father Wolf.
(c) Mother Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is in the human village in Chapter Three, who comes to tell Mowgli the news of the jungle?
2. What does Mowgli stand for?
3. Where is Mowgli going after leaving the jungle?
4. Who spreads news of the fight with the monkeys to the rest of the jungle?
5. How do the monkeys get away from Bagheera and Baloo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Baloo and Bagheera team up with Kaa?
2. Explain what Mowgli does not accomplish in Chapter Three if it isn't for his friends.
3. Even though they are his friends, why do Baloo and Bagheera slap and hit Mowgli?
4. What is the symbolism of Mowgli caught in a trap at the end of Chapter Two?
5. Explain the Law of the Jungle.
6. Is the jackal respected by the other jungle creatures? Why or why not?
7. Describe why the monkey people are not respected in the jungle.
8. Deep down inside, what do you think Mowgli considers himself, a man or a wolf?
9. How does Mowgli use his difference from the wolf pack as a strength against the wolf pack in Chapter One?
10. What do you think Kaa's hypnotizing near the end of Chapter Two means?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)