|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nagaina hide her eggs?
(a) In the grass.
(b) In the tree.
(c) The flower garden.
(d) The melon patch.
2. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
(a) The ballrooms of snakes.
(b) The never ballroom.
(c) Deserted ballrooms.
(d) Elephant ballrooms.
3. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
4. How big is the cobra?
(a) Fifty-five feet long.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Five feet long.
(d) Fifteen feet long.
5. Who praises Rikki for saving Teddy?
(b) Teddy's father.
(d) Teddy's mother.
6. Who are frequents visitors of the setting of Chapter Four?
(c) Fishermen and seals.
7. How is Nag killed?
(a) By shotgun.
(b) By a bite.
(c) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
(d) He is poisoned.
8. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To scare Chuchundra.
(b) To fool Teddy's father.
(c) To lure Nagaina.
(d) To fool his wife.
9. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
10. Who is Sea Catch?
(a) An old seal.
(b) A fish.
(c) An old fisherman.
(d) A hawk.
11. How long does the elephant performance last?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Two days.
(d) The entire night.
12. Why is Kotick seeking out Sea Vitch and Sea Cow?
(a) He wants their advice for finding a mate.
(b) They are good hunters.
(c) They are his relatives.
(d) He wants to find a safer place to live.
13. What color is Karait?
(a) Dusty brown.
14. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He doesn't care about it either way.
(c) It makes him sad.
(d) He loves it.
15. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) A cobra scares him away.
(b) He is cast out by his family.
(c) Someone kidnaps him.
(d) A flood forces him out of his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuchundra?
2. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
3. When do the elephant hunters get paid their wages?
4. How old is Kala Nag?
5. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)