|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Nagaina?
(c) Shere Khan.
(d) Teddy's father.
2. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
(a) For warmth.
(b) Father doesn't want the boy to cry.
(c) Because he is considered a good guard against snakes.
(d) The mother insists on it.
3. What or who is Keddah?
(a) A snake.
(b) The lead elephant hunter.
(c) The wild elephant pen.
(d) The lead elephant.
4. Who teaches Kotick the ways of the sea?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(a) Big Toomai.
(c) Little Toomai.
6. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(b) The end of the elephant hunting season.
(c) The birth of a baby elephant.
7. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Just the family.
(b) Darzee and the family.
(c) Just Darzee.
(d) Only Teddy.
8. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(b) The tailorbirds.
(d) Nag and Nagaina.
9. Where does Nagaina hide her eggs?
(a) In the grass.
(b) The flower garden.
(c) The melon patch.
(d) In the tree.
10. Who also joins Kala Nag at the ballroom for the elephant dance?
(a) Big Toomai.
(b) The grasshopper.
11. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A dolphin king.
(b) A walrus.
(c) His father's relative.
(d) A sea cow.
12. Who praises Rikki for saving Teddy?
(a) Teddy's father.
(b) Teddy's mother.
13. Who kills Nag?
(a) Teddy's mother.
(b) Teddy's father.
14. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
15. Who is the first character Kotick sees after he finds the new country and arrives back at Novastoshnah?
(a) The little girl seal.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Kerick Botterin and his son, Patalamon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
2. What is the name of Sea Catch's wife?
3. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
4. Why are the birds upset when Rikki-Tikki-Tavi meets them?
5. How do the elephants dance?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)