|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chuchundra?
(a) Another snake.
(b) Another mongoose.
(c) Another tailorbird.
(d) A muskrat.
2. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(c) The birth of a baby elephant.
(d) The end of the elephant hunting season.
3. Who is charmed by Little Toomai?
(b) Kala Nag.
(c) Big Toomai.
4. How old is Kala Nag?
5. Who is Chapter Five named after?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A seal.
6. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
(a) Kala Nag.
(d) The superstitious native men.
7. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
(d) Big Toomai.
8. Who is Big Toomai?
(a) Another elephant.
(b) Another snake.
(c) Kala Nag's driver.
(d) Kala Nag's elephant.
9. Who finds Rikki-Tikki-Tavi at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A boy named Teddy.
(c) A human father.
(d) A tiger.
10. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Darzee and the family.
(b) Just the family.
(c) Only Teddy.
(d) Just Darzee.
11. How long does the elephant performance last?
(a) The entire night.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
12. Who never comes to the lovely beach Kotick finds?
(b) Young male seals.
(d) Other seal families.
13. Why is Kotick seeking out Sea Vitch and Sea Cow?
(a) He wants their advice for finding a mate.
(b) They are good hunters.
(c) They are his relatives.
(d) He wants to find a safer place to live.
14. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(b) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(c) The girl seals.
15. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) A flood forces him out of his home.
(b) A cobra scares him away.
(c) He is cast out by his family.
(d) Someone kidnaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
2. Who kills Nagaina?
3. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
4. Who takes Little Toomai into the jungle for the elephant dance?
5. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)