|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the elephants dance, it is what?
(b) Raining lightly.
(d) Raining hard.
2. How long does the elephant performance last?
(a) Two hours.
(b) The entire night.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Two days.
3. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
(a) Sixty-six miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) One mile.
4. Who is Darzee?
(a) A little girl.
(b) The little boy.
(c) The tailorbird's wife.
(d) A tailorbird.
5. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It makes him sad.
(d) He doesn't care about it either way.
6. How is Nag killed?
(a) By a bite.
(b) By shotgun.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
7. What or who is Keddah?
(a) The lead elephant hunter.
(b) A snake.
(c) The wild elephant pen.
(d) The lead elephant.
8. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
(a) Sea Catch.
9. How does Little Toomai prepare for a possible elephant dance?
(a) Leaves elephants chained up.
(b) Does not give Kala Nag dinner.
(c) Beats a fast rhythm on a small drum.
(d) Goes to bed early.
10. What is the age of Sea Catch?
(b) Thirty five.
(d) Twenty five.
11. Who praises Rikki for saving Teddy?
(a) Teddy's father.
(c) Teddy's mother.
12. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) Nag and Nagaina.
(b) The tailorbirds.
13. When the seal hunters first see Kotick, what do they think?
(a) He isn't scary.
(b) He looks are laughable.
(c) That he is a ghost.
(d) That his coat is perfect for their collection.
14. How many seals come with Kotick at the end of Chapter Four?
(a) Only his family.
(c) Only the little girl seal.
15. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(a) Shouts of joy.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
2. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
3. Who is Big Toomai?
4. Who finds Rikki-Tikki-Tavi at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)