|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi similar to?
(a) A gopher.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A weasel.
2. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
3. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(b) Nag and Nagaina.
(c) The tailorbirds.
4. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Just baby elephants.
(b) Every kind of elephant.
(c) Just male elephants.
(d) Just girl elephants.
5. Where does Nagaina hide her eggs?
(a) In the tree.
(b) The flower garden.
(c) In the grass.
(d) The melon patch.
6. How old is Kala Nag?
7. When the seal hunters first see Kotick, what do they think?
(a) That he is a ghost.
(b) He isn't scary.
(c) He looks are laughable.
(d) That his coat is perfect for their collection.
8. Who is Chapter Five named after?
(a) A bird.
(b) A seal.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A mongoose.
9. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
10. What is a holluschickie?
(a) A father seal.
(b) A mother seal.
(c) A bachelorette seal.
(d) A bachelor seal.
11. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
(a) Big Toomai.
12. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
(b) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
(c) Moving forward and backwards.
(d) Standing up and laying down.
13. Who is plotting to kill Teddy's family?
(c) Nag and Nagaina.
(d) The tailorbirds.
14. Who kills Nag?
(a) Teddy's mother.
(d) Teddy's father.
15. How does Little Toomai prepare for a possible elephant dance?
(a) Does not give Kala Nag dinner.
(b) Goes to bed early.
(c) Beats a fast rhythm on a small drum.
(d) Leaves elephants chained up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
2. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
3. Who never comes to the lovely beach Kotick finds?
4. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
5. What or who is Keddah?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)