|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Little Toomai prepare for a possible elephant dance?
(a) Goes to bed early.
(b) Does not give Kala Nag dinner.
(c) Leaves elephants chained up.
(d) Beats a fast rhythm on a small drum.
2. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The girl seals.
(b) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(d) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
3. Who is the first character Kotick sees after he finds the new country and arrives back at Novastoshnah?
(a) Kerick Botterin and his son, Patalamon.
(b) The little girl seal.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. How does Chapter Six end?
(a) The death of Kala Nag.
(b) Petersen seeing the elephant dance.
(c) With the elephants giving the boy a full trumpet salute.
(d) The scolding of the boy.
5. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Have many babies.
(b) Be the strongest hunter.
(c) Save the seals.
(d) Kill the hunters.
6. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(a) Shouts of joy.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
7. Who is Sea Catch?
(a) An old fisherman.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A fish.
(d) An old seal.
8. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(b) Big Toomai.
(c) Little Toomai.
9. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A sea cow.
(b) A walrus.
(c) A dolphin king.
(d) His father's relative.
10. Why are the birds upset when Rikki-Tikki-Tavi meets them?
(a) Their baby is crying.
(b) They are afraid of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
(c) They don't know what happens to their baby.
(d) Their baby is gone.
11. Sea Catch has scars on what part of his body?
(a) From his nose to his tail fin.
(b) Just around his tail.
(c) On his belly.
(d) Just around his fin.
12. When does Sea Catch comes to Novastoshnah?
(a) Every fall.
(b) Every winter.
(c) In the spring.
(d) Every summer.
13. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
(d) Big Toomai.
14. What or who is Keddah?
(a) A snake.
(b) The lead elephant hunter.
(c) The lead elephant.
(d) The wild elephant pen.
15. Who never comes to the lovely beach Kotick finds?
(b) Other seal families.
(c) Young male seals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
2. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
3. What kind of animal is Kala Nag?
4. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
5. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)