|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(c) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(d) The girl seals.
2. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(b) Big Toomai.
(d) Little Toomai.
3. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
4. Who kills Nagaina?
(a) Shere Khan.
(b) Teddy's father.
5. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Have many babies.
(b) Save the seals.
(c) Be the strongest hunter.
(d) Kill the hunters.
6. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
(a) Keeping hunters away.
(b) Attracting more elephants to the herd.
(d) It makes the clearing larger.
7. Who praises Rikki for saving Teddy?
(a) Teddy's father.
(d) Teddy's mother.
8. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
(a) Deserted ballrooms.
(b) Elephant ballrooms.
(c) The never ballroom.
(d) The ballrooms of snakes.
9. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
(a) Because he is considered a good guard against snakes.
(b) The mother insists on it.
(c) For warmth.
(d) Father doesn't want the boy to cry.
10. Why are the birds upset when Rikki-Tikki-Tavi meets them?
(a) Their baby is gone.
(b) Their baby is crying.
(c) They don't know what happens to their baby.
(d) They are afraid of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
11. When the elephants dance, it is what?
(c) Raining lightly.
(d) Raining hard.
12. When the seal hunters first see Kotick, what do they think?
(a) He isn't scary.
(b) That his coat is perfect for their collection.
(c) He looks are laughable.
(d) That he is a ghost.
13. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
(a) Sea Catch.
14. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(b) The birth of a baby elephant.
(d) The end of the elephant hunting season.
15. What kind of animal is Kala Nag?
(a) A snake.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A bird.
(d) A seal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
2. How long does the elephant performance last?
3. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
4. What is the age of Sea Catch?
5. How do the elephants dance?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)