|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who also joins Kala Nag at the ballroom for the elephant dance?
(a) The grasshopper.
(c) Big Toomai.
2. What kind of animal is Kala Nag?
(a) A bird.
(b) A seal.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A snake.
3. When does Sea Catch comes to Novastoshnah?
(a) In the spring.
(b) Every winter.
(c) Every fall.
(d) Every summer.
4. When does Petersen mean when he tells Little Toomai "When you have seen the elephants dance"?
(a) Every morning at dawn.
(b) Every night at dusk.
(c) Someday soon.
5. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
6. What kind of animal is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi similar to?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A gopher.
(d) A weasel.
7. How old is Kala Nag?
8. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Kill the hunters.
(b) Be the strongest hunter.
(c) Have many babies.
(d) Save the seals.
9. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(b) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(c) The girl seals.
10. Who are frequents visitors of the setting of Chapter Four?
(c) Fishermen and seals.
11. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To lure Nagaina.
(b) To fool Teddy's father.
(c) To scare Chuchundra.
(d) To fool his wife.
12. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(a) Little Toomai.
(c) Big Toomai.
13. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
(b) Keeping hunters away.
(c) Attracting more elephants to the herd.
(d) It makes the clearing larger.
14. Who teaches Kotick the ways of the sea?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
15. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sea Vitch?
2. When the elephants dance, it is what?
3. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
4. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
5. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)