|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the elephant hunters get paid their wages?
(a) At the end of the working season.
(b) At the beginning of the season.
(c) After they get each elephant.
(d) Only if their elephant is a good one.
2. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
(a) Father doesn't want the boy to cry.
(b) Because he is considered a good guard against snakes.
(c) The mother insists on it.
(d) For warmth.
3. Why is Kotick seeking out Sea Vitch and Sea Cow?
(a) He wants their advice for finding a mate.
(b) He wants to find a safer place to live.
(c) They are good hunters.
(d) They are his relatives.
4. Who is Darzee?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A tailorbird.
(c) The little boy.
(d) The tailorbird's wife.
5. Who is Sea Catch?
(a) An old seal.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An old fisherman.
(d) A fish.
6. How many eggs does Rikki find in the melon patch?
7. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A dolphin king.
(b) A sea cow.
(c) A walrus.
(d) His father's relative.
8. When does Petersen mean when he tells Little Toomai "When you have seen the elephants dance"?
(a) Someday soon.
(b) Every night at dusk.
(c) Every morning at dawn.
9. Who is Chuchundra?
(a) A muskrat.
(b) Another snake.
(c) Another mongoose.
(d) Another tailorbird.
10. Who are frequents visitors of the setting of Chapter Four?
(c) Fishermen and seals.
11. What or who is Keddah?
(a) The lead elephant hunter.
(b) The wild elephant pen.
(c) The lead elephant.
(d) A snake.
12. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To fool Teddy's father.
(b) To scare Chuchundra.
(c) To fool his wife.
(d) To lure Nagaina.
13. Who kills Nagaina?
(b) Teddy's father.
(d) Shere Khan.
14. How many seals come with Kotick at the end of Chapter Four?
(b) Only the little girl seal.
(c) Only his family.
15. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
2. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
3. What color is Karait?
4. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
5. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)