|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character Kotick sees after he finds the new country and arrives back at Novastoshnah?
(a) Kerick Botterin and his son, Patalamon.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The little girl seal.
2. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Just Darzee.
(b) Darzee and the family.
(c) Just the family.
(d) Only Teddy.
3. How old is Kala Nag?
4. How is Nag killed?
(a) By shotgun.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) By a bite.
(d) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
5. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
(a) Attracting more elephants to the herd.
(b) Keeping hunters away.
(d) It makes the clearing larger.
6. Who is Darzee?
(a) A tailorbird.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The tailorbird's wife.
(d) The little boy.
7. At what setting does Chapter Four start?
(b) In the United States mainland.
(c) Off the coast of Hawaii.
(d) The jungle.
8. Who takes Little Toomai into the jungle for the elephant dance?
(a) Big Toomai.
(d) Kala Nag.
9. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) Nag and Nagaina.
(c) The tailorbirds.
10. Who is Sea Catch?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A fish.
(c) An old fisherman.
(d) An old seal.
11. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
(a) Between 40,000 and 50,000.
(b) Between 4,000 and 5,000.
(d) About 15,000.
12. Who also joins Kala Nag at the ballroom for the elephant dance?
(b) The grasshopper.
(c) Big Toomai.
13. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
14. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
(d) Sea Catch.
15. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A sea cow.
(b) A dolphin king.
(c) A walrus.
(d) His father's relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the elephant performance last?
2. Who finds Rikki-Tikki-Tavi at the beginning of Chapter Five?
3. Who kills Nag?
4. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
5. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)