|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
2. How is Nag killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) By a bite.
(c) By shotgun.
(d) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
3. Who is Big Toomai?
(a) Kala Nag's elephant.
(b) Kala Nag's driver.
(c) Another elephant.
(d) Another snake.
4. Who is plotting to kill Teddy's family?
(b) The tailorbirds.
(c) Nag and Nagaina.
5. Who finds Rikki-Tikki-Tavi at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) A human father.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A boy named Teddy.
6. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To scare Chuchundra.
(b) To fool Teddy's father.
(c) To fool his wife.
(d) To lure Nagaina.
7. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
(a) Black snake.
8. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Be the strongest hunter.
(b) Have many babies.
(c) Kill the hunters.
(d) Save the seals.
9. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(a) The end of the elephant hunting season.
(c) The birth of a baby elephant.
10. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) He is cast out by his family.
(b) Someone kidnaps him.
(c) A flood forces him out of his home.
(d) A cobra scares him away.
11. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
12. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Just male elephants.
(b) Just baby elephants.
(c) Every kind of elephant.
(d) Just girl elephants.
13. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(a) Shouts of joy.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
14. Who suggests Kotick talk to Sea Vitch?
(a) A fellow seal.
(b) The old sea lion.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) Sea Catch.
15. How does Chapter Six end?
(a) Petersen seeing the elephant dance.
(b) The scolding of the boy.
(c) With the elephants giving the boy a full trumpet salute.
(d) The death of Kala Nag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the elephant performance last?
2. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
3. How many eggs does Rikki find in the melon patch?
4. Who kills Nagaina?
5. How does Little Toomai prepare for a possible elephant dance?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)