|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Kotick know about the Sea Cow?
(a) They aren't alive anymore.
(b) They can't see.
(c) They can't swim.
(d) They can't talk.
2. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To scare Chuchundra.
(b) To fool his wife.
(c) To lure Nagaina.
(d) To fool Teddy's father.
3. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Just baby elephants.
(b) Every kind of elephant.
(c) Just girl elephants.
(d) Just male elephants.
4. How big is the cobra?
(a) Fifty-five feet long.
(b) Fifteen feet long.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Five feet long.
5. Who also joins Kala Nag at the ballroom for the elephant dance?
(a) Big Toomai.
(d) The grasshopper.
6. When do the elephant hunters get paid their wages?
(a) At the beginning of the season.
(b) Only if their elephant is a good one.
(c) After they get each elephant.
(d) At the end of the working season.
7. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(b) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
(c) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(d) The girl seals.
8. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
9. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
(a) Big Toomai.
10. Who is Darzee?
(a) The tailorbird's wife.
(b) A tailorbird.
(c) The little boy.
(d) A little girl.
11. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Just Darzee.
(b) Just the family.
(c) Darzee and the family.
(d) Only Teddy.
12. Who is charmed by Little Toomai?
(a) Kala Nag.
(d) Big Toomai.
13. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
(a) Deserted ballrooms.
(b) The ballrooms of snakes.
(c) Elephant ballrooms.
(d) The never ballroom.
14. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A sea cow.
(b) His father's relative.
(c) A walrus.
(d) A dolphin king.
15. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
(a) Sea Catch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Karait?
2. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
3. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
4. Who is Big Toomai?
5. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)