|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(a) Little Toomai.
(d) Big Toomai.
2. Who is Chuchundra?
(a) Another snake.
(b) Another tailorbird.
(c) A muskrat.
(d) Another mongoose.
3. Who kills Nagaina?
(c) Shere Khan.
(d) Teddy's father.
4. How big is the cobra?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Fifty-five feet long.
(c) Fifteen feet long.
(d) Five feet long.
5. At what setting does Chapter Four start?
(a) In the United States mainland.
(b) Off the coast of Hawaii.
(d) The jungle.
6. How is Nag killed?
(a) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) By shotgun.
(d) By a bite.
7. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
8. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
(a) Black snake.
9. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) Nag and Nagaina.
(b) The tailorbirds.
10. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
11. Who suggests Kotick talk to Sea Vitch?
(a) Sea Catch.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) The old sea lion.
(d) A fellow seal.
12. What or who is Keddah?
(a) The lead elephant hunter.
(b) A snake.
(c) The lead elephant.
(d) The wild elephant pen.
13. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) Someone kidnaps him.
(b) A cobra scares him away.
(c) A flood forces him out of his home.
(d) He is cast out by his family.
14. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To fool Teddy's father.
(b) To fool his wife.
(c) To scare Chuchundra.
(d) To lure Nagaina.
15. Sea Catch has scars on what part of his body?
(a) On his belly.
(b) From his nose to his tail fin.
(c) Just around his tail.
(d) Just around his fin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
2. How do the elephants dance?
3. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
4. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
5. Where does Nagaina hide her eggs?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)