|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
2. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
3. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Moving forward and backwards.
(b) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
(c) Standing up and laying down.
(d) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
4. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(b) Nag and Nagaina.
(c) The tailorbirds.
5. When does Sea Catch comes to Novastoshnah?
(a) Every fall.
(b) In the spring.
(c) Every winter.
(d) Every summer.
6. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
(b) Black snake.
7. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Just baby elephants.
(b) Just male elephants.
(c) Just girl elephants.
(d) Every kind of elephant.
8. Sea Catch has scars on what part of his body?
(a) Just around his tail.
(b) From his nose to his tail fin.
(c) On his belly.
(d) Just around his fin.
9. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Only Teddy.
(b) Just Darzee.
(c) Just the family.
(d) Darzee and the family.
10. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(b) Big Toomai.
(d) Little Toomai.
11. Who is Big Toomai?
(a) Kala Nag's elephant.
(b) Another elephant.
(c) Another snake.
(d) Kala Nag's driver.
12. Who is Chapter Five named after?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A bird.
(d) A seal.
13. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He doesn't care about it either way.
(d) It makes him sad.
14. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
(a) Between 4,000 and 5,000.
(b) About 15,000.
(d) Between 40,000 and 50,000.
15. When do the elephant hunters get paid their wages?
(a) At the end of the working season.
(b) Only if their elephant is a good one.
(c) After they get each elephant.
(d) At the beginning of the season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kala Nag?
2. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
3. When the seal hunters first see Kotick, what do they think?
4. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
5. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)