|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age of Sea Catch?
(b) Twenty five.
(c) Thirty five.
2. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) The tailorbirds.
(c) Nag and Nagaina.
3. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(a) The birth of a baby elephant.
(d) The end of the elephant hunting season.
4. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(c) Shouts of joy.
5. Who fears Rikki is dead?
(a) Only Teddy.
(b) Just Darzee.
(c) Just the family.
(d) Darzee and the family.
6. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(b) Big Toomai.
(c) Little Toomai.
7. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Just girl elephants.
(b) Just baby elephants.
(c) Just male elephants.
(d) Every kind of elephant.
8. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
9. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A walrus.
(b) His father's relative.
(c) A dolphin king.
(d) A sea cow.
10. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
11. Little Toomai goes to the elephant dance, even though he is supposed to be watching who?
(a) Kala Nag.
12. Who is charmed by Little Toomai?
(b) Kala Nag.
(c) Big Toomai.
13. How many eggs does Rikki find in the melon patch?
14. What or who is Keddah?
(a) A snake.
(b) The lead elephant.
(c) The lead elephant hunter.
(d) The wild elephant pen.
15. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Moving forward and backwards.
(b) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
(c) Standing up and laying down.
(d) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
2. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
3. Who is Big Toomai?
4. Who kills Nag?
5. What kind of animal is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi similar to?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)