|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Rikki-Tikki-Tavi at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A human father.
(c) A boy named Teddy.
(d) A tiger.
2. Why are the birds upset when Rikki-Tikki-Tavi meets them?
(a) They don't know what happens to their baby.
(b) Their baby is crying.
(c) Their baby is gone.
(d) They are afraid of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
3. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
4. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Save the seals.
(b) Kill the hunters.
(c) Have many babies.
(d) Be the strongest hunter.
5. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
(b) Moving forward and backwards.
(c) Standing up and laying down.
(d) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
6. Who also joins Kala Nag at the ballroom for the elephant dance?
(a) The grasshopper.
(d) Big Toomai.
7. Who is the first character Kotick sees after he finds the new country and arrives back at Novastoshnah?
(a) Kerick Botterin and his son, Patalamon.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The little girl seal.
8. Who does Kala Nag especially look out for?
(a) Big Toomai.
(c) Little Toomai.
9. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) His father's relative.
(b) A walrus.
(c) A dolphin king.
(d) A sea cow.
10. What kind of animal is Kala Nag?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A snake.
(c) A seal.
(d) A bird.
11. Who teaches Kotick the ways of the sea?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. Who is Sea Catch?
(a) An old seal.
(b) An old fisherman.
(c) A fish.
(d) A hawk.
13. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
(a) Sixty-six miles.
(b) Six miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) One mile.
14. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
(a) Someone kidnaps him.
(b) He is cast out by his family.
(c) A cobra scares him away.
(d) A flood forces him out of his home.
15. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(c) The girl seals.
(d) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
2. What doesn't Kotick know about the Sea Cow?
3. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
4. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
5. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)