|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Nag killed?
(a) By shotgun.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) By a bite.
(d) He is carried off and dropped in the sea.
2. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Every kind of elephant.
(b) Just baby elephants.
(c) Just girl elephants.
(d) Just male elephants.
3. What doesn't Kotick know about the Sea Cow?
(a) They can't talk.
(b) They can't swim.
(c) They aren't alive anymore.
(d) They can't see.
4. Who is charmed by Little Toomai?
(a) Kala Nag.
(c) Big Toomai.
5. What does the name Kala Nag mean?
(a) Black snake.
6. Who kills Nagaina?
(c) Shere Khan.
(d) Teddy's father.
7. How many eggs does Rikki find in the melon patch?
8. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
(a) Between 40,000 and 50,000.
(c) About 15,000.
(d) Between 4,000 and 5,000.
9. Who suggests Kotick talk to Sea Vitch?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A fellow seal.
(c) Sea Catch.
(d) The old sea lion.
10. Who teaches Kotick the ways of the sea?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
11. Who takes Little Toomai into the jungle for the elephant dance?
(b) Kala Nag.
(d) Big Toomai.
12. What does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi think of being a house mongoose?
(a) He doesn't care about it either way.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It makes him sad.
13. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
(a) The superstitious native men.
(b) Kala Nag.
14. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
(a) The ballrooms of snakes.
(b) Elephant ballrooms.
(c) Deserted ballrooms.
(d) The never ballroom.
15. Kotick is disturbed by the sight of what at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) The girl seals.
(b) The clubbing and skinning of his friends.
(d) Other seal families arriving at Novastoshnah for the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chapter Five named after?
2. What or who is Keddah?
3. When does Sea Catch comes to Novastoshnah?
4. How big is the cobra?
5. How does Rikki-Tikki-Tavi end up in Segowlee?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)