|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the big black cobra that is responsible for the tailorbirds distress?
2. Who overhears the plot to kill Teddy's family?
(a) Nag and Nagaina.
(b) The tailorbirds.
3. How old is Kala Nag?
4. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(b) Shouts of joy.
5. Who is Chapter Five named after?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A seal.
(d) A mongoose.
6. In the jungle, huge clearings are called what?
(a) Deserted ballrooms.
(b) Elephant ballrooms.
(c) The never ballroom.
(d) The ballrooms of snakes.
7. If the elephants do dance, what are they celebrating?
(a) The end of the elephant hunting season.
(c) The birth of a baby elephant.
8. What kind of elephants participate in the dance?
(a) Every kind of elephant.
(b) Just male elephants.
(c) Just girl elephants.
(d) Just baby elephants.
9. What is the age of Sea Catch?
(a) Thirty five.
(c) Twenty five.
10. What doesn't Kotick know about the Sea Cow?
(a) They can't swim.
(b) They can't talk.
(c) They can't see.
(d) They aren't alive anymore.
11. Who is apprehensive about the elephant dance?
(c) The superstitious native men.
(d) Kala Nag.
12. How big is the cobra?
(a) Fifteen feet long.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Fifty-five feet long.
(d) Five feet long.
13. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Standing up and laying down.
(b) Moving forward and backwards.
(c) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
(d) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
14. Who kills Nag?
(a) Teddy's mother.
(c) Teddy's father.
15. How many eggs does Rikki leave the melon patch with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chuchundra?
2. What is the name of Sea Catch's wife?
3. How many seals spend their time at Novastoshnah in the summer?
4. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
5. Who is plotting to kill Teddy's family?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)