|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rikki tell Darzee to pretend he is injured?
(a) To scare Chuchundra.
(b) To fool Teddy's father.
(c) To lure Nagaina.
(d) To fool his wife.
2. Why is Rikki-Tikki-Tavi allowed to snuggle with the little boy in his new home?
(a) The mother insists on it.
(b) Because he is considered a good guard against snakes.
(c) Father doesn't want the boy to cry.
(d) For warmth.
3. How do the elephants dance?
(a) Moving forward and backwards.
(b) Standing up and laying down.
(c) Stamping their feet in time with each other.
(d) Moving their trunks in sync with each other.
4. At what setting does Chapter Four start?
(a) In the United States mainland.
(c) Off the coast of Hawaii.
(d) The jungle.
5. What does the White Seal do in the folktale that the old seals speak of?
(a) Have many babies.
(b) Kill the hunters.
(c) Be the strongest hunter.
(d) Save the seals.
6. Little Toomai does not want to go home while waiting for the elephant dance, even though he is what?
7. Who is the first character Kotick sees after he finds the new country and arrives back at Novastoshnah?
(a) The little girl seal.
(b) Kerick Botterin and his son, Patalamon.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. Who is Chapter Five named after?
(a) A seal.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A mongoose.
(d) A bird.
9. Who grows up to be the namesake for Chapter Four?
(d) Sea Catch.
10. How does Kotick get other seals to come to the new summer vacation place that he finds?
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
(d) Shouts of joy.
11. How long is the journey to see Sea Vitch?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Sixty-six miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Six miles.
12. How old is Kala Nag?
13. Who takes Little Toomai into the jungle for the elephant dance?
(c) Kala Nag.
(d) Big Toomai.
14. How many miles does Kotick travel in one day looking for the Sea Cow?
15. Who is Sea Vitch?
(a) A sea cow.
(b) His father's relative.
(c) A dolphin king.
(d) A walrus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chases Nag and Nagaina away from the birds?
2. Why are the birds upset when Rikki-Tikki-Tavi meets them?
3. Who is the head of all the elephant operations?
4. What or who is Keddah?
5. What is the purpose of the elephant dance?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)