|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowgli's knowledge of religion?
(a) He has none.
(b) The villagers tell him he is Lutheran.
(c) The jungle creatures tell him about God.
(d) He thinks he is Catholic.
2. What does Baloo drill the boy daily on?
(a) The words of the call.
(b) How to hunt.
(c) The chant of the wild.
(d) The jungle promise.
3. How long is Mowgli waiting in the human village in Chapter Three before he learns that Shere Khan returns?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
4. While he is in the human village in Chapter Three, who comes to tell Mowgli the news of the jungle?
(d) Gray Brother.
5. After he arrives at the human village for the first time, where does Mowgli insist on sleeping at bedtime?
(b) In bed with the other children.
(c) In the main room.
(d) By himself in a bed.
6. Who is pleased with Mowgli and his quick wit?
(a) Father and Mother Wolf.
(b) Baloo and Bagheera.
(c) Shere Khan.
(d) Just Baloo.
7. Who is Chil the kite?
(a) A flying squirrel.
(b) A hawk-like bird.
(c) A flying bat.
(d) A small, timid bluebird.
8. How many languages does Mowgli repeat the call in?
9. Who protests the wolf family keeping the man-cub?
(a) Shere Khan.
(b) Mother Wolf.
(c) One of the other wolf cubs.
10. Why does a python go into hiding?
(a) To hibernate, like a bear.
(b) To get away from hot jungle weather.
(c) To change his skin.
(d) To nest.
11. When Baloo punishes Mowgli, what do other characters do that is nice to Mowgli?
(a) Give him treats.
(b) Let him sleep in their home for the night.
(c) Show him the way out of the jungle.
(d) Play with him.
12. Who ends Chapter Two riding on Bagheera's back?
(b) One of the monkeys.
13. After they have eaten, how do tigers like Shere Khan feel?
(a) Ready to fight.
14. In Chapter Three when Mowgli learns Shere Khan is coming back to kill him, who actually concerns Mowgli more than the tiger?
(c) The villagers.
(d) Gray Brother.
15. How long does a python go into hiding?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) For the entire summer.
(d) As long as he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the human villagers decide to send Mowgli to a specific place to work in Chapter Three?
2. Who is amazed by the Cold Lairs?
3. What kind of animal is Bagheera?
4. At the first meeting of the Pack Council, what does Baloo offer to do for Mowgli?
5. Who is known to steal monkeys at night?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)