|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is Bagheera?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A panther.
(d) A tiger.
2. Growing up, who is Mowgli taught not to trust?
(a) Shere Khan and men.
(c) Bears other than Baloo.
(d) The other wolf cubs.
3. Who does the woman villager think goes missing of hers long ago?
(c) Shere Khan.
4. How long does a python go into hiding?
(a) For the entire summer.
(b) Ten days.
(c) As long as he wants.
(d) Two days.
5. Who tells Mowgli he is never forgotten?
(a) Mother and Father Wolf.
(b) Shere Khan.
6. Why do jungle creatures have no respect for gray apes?
(a) Because they cannot talk.
(b) Because of their hunting techniques.
(c) Because of the way they look.
(d) Because monkeys have no laws, no order and they lie.
7. Where is Mowgli going after leaving the jungle?
(a) Baloo's home.
(b) To find a boat.
(c) The village.
(d) A secret hiding spot.
8. What does Baloo drill the boy daily on?
(a) The jungle promise.
(b) The words of the call.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) The chant of the wild.
9. In Chapter Three, what startles the villagers when they first see Mowgli, after he is turned out of the wolf pack and heads to the human village for the first time?
(a) His angry demeanor.
(b) The creatures with him.
(c) His naked and scruffy appearance.
(d) The arrow he is holding.
10. What is the first things the man-cub does in the cave?
(a) Plays with the wolf cubs.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Begins to nurse with the wolf cubs.
(d) Crys for his human family.
11. What are the Cold Lairs in the past?
(a) A place where the Wolf family lives.
(b) Baloo's home.
(c) A human city.
12. Who spreads news of the fight with the monkeys to the rest of the jungle?
(d) Mang the bat.
13. Who protests the wolf family keeping the man-cub?
(a) Shere Khan.
(c) Mother Wolf.
(d) One of the other wolf cubs.
14. Where is Bagheera born?
(a) Among men.
(c) The jungle.
(d) Across the sea.
15. Who is known to steal monkeys at night?
(c) Father Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the man-cub?
2. When Mowgli overhears the men talking about the jungle creatures, what does he do?
3. Where does Mowgli want to try to trap Shere Khan?
4. How do the monkeys get away from Bagheera and Baloo?
5. What doesn't Mowgli understand about the villagers?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)