1. Where is the jungle?
(d) Costa Rica.
2. Why is the jackal considered one of the lowest animals in the jungle?
(a) A jackal has a distinct and unpleasant smell.
(b) Because of the jackal's mangled look.
(c) He always delivers bad news.
(d) Because the jackal is a scavenger, prone to what is known today as rabies.
3. What physical problem does Shere Khan have with his body?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is lame in one leg.
(c) He has two legs that are lame.
(d) He is blind.
4. Who is the first family introduced in the book?
5. Where is the man-cub found?
(a) In a bush outside the cave.
(b) Floating in a basket in the water.
(c) Deep in the jungle.
(d) In a tree.
6. Who finds the man-cub?
(b) Shere Khan.
(c) Mother and Father Wolf.
7. What is the first things the man-cub does in the cave?
(a) Crys for his human family.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Plays with the wolf cubs.
(d) Begins to nurse with the wolf cubs.
This section contains 3,905 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)