|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lorelli go to try to regain her sanity?
2. What is the woman, who knocks on Hickman's door when he is at the ready with guns and a rifle, wearing?
3. When Brer Bear catches up with Brer Rabbit in the senator's final hallucination sequence, what is Brer Rabbit doing?
4. In his final hallucination sequence, from what moving object does the senator jump off of?
5. What caused Lorelli to lose her mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many instances of tension in Juneteenth. Choose at least one example and discuss what literary devices Ellison uses the create this tension.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least 3 female characters from Juneteenth and discuss how each one contributes to the larger role that Ellison gives to women in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what message about religion Ellison is trying to convey, using specific quotations from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)