|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the senator's final hallucination, what kind of person threatens to expose his true identity and background?
2. What does Bliss do when he comes across the small clown outside of the circus tent?
3. What caused Lorelli to lose her mind?
4. Who is sitting and talking on the porch when Bliss crawls underneath it?
5. What does the woman who gives birth promise to send after she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 meanings of the novel's title, using direct evidence from the text when appropriate.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the ending of Juneteenth and how the ending of the novel ties into at least one larger theme of the text.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the reader never learn much about the senator's assassin? Discuss at least 3 reasons why this is true and what effect it has on the reader.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)