|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his final hallucination, what does the banner being carried by a plane read?
(a) "Niggers Stay Away from the Polls."
(b) "Welcome to the World Fair!"
(c) "Black People Aren't Welcome Here."
(d) "Congratulations, Senator Sunraider!"
2. Why does Reverend Hickman try to stay awake in the hospital with the senator?
(a) He is afraid the assassin is going to come back to try to finish the senator off.
(b) Just in case the senator wakes up and wants to talk.
(c) He doesn't want to miss another minute with his adopted son.
(d) He is so stressed out that he cannot sleep.
3. What does Reverend Hickman promise to do with Bliss, if he is good, the week after the chaotic Juneteenth revival?
(a) Take him to the movies.
(b) Buy him a brand new Bible.
(c) Stop putting him in the coffin.
(d) Let him go hunting.
4. While lying in his hospital bed reminiscing about the past with Reverend Hickman, how does the senator know he is there?
(a) Because he can hear him.
(b) Because he can see him.
(c) Because he can sense his presence.
(d) Because he is holding his hand.
5. What fact is Bliss most interested to know about the circus clowns?
(a) How much they are paid.
(b) If they are black or white.
(c) How he can become one himself.
(d) Why the are acting so silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact about elephants is Bliss surprised to learn Reverend Hickman knows?
2. In the senator's final hallucination, what kind of person threatens to expose his true identity and background?
3. Why doesn't Hickman's jazz band take him back?
4. Who warned Hickman that the senator's life may be in danger?
5. What does Brer Bear think Brear Rabbit's tail has turned into (in the senator's final hallucination sequence)?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)