|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While lying in his hospital bed reminiscing about the past with Reverend Hickman, how does the senator know he is there?
(a) Because he can hear him.
(b) Because he can see him.
(c) Because he is holding his hand.
(d) Because he can sense his presence.
2. Why was the reverend once sitting in a lamp-lit room with guns and a rifle?
(a) Because he was thinking about trying to kill himself.
(b) Because he was waiting for a lynch mob to come and get him.
(c) Because he was holding people hostage.
(d) Because he was waiting for the police to raid his apartment.
3. What advice does the lion tamer give Bliss outside of the circus tent?
(a) To never be afraid of an animal that can't talk.
(b) None; they never speak to each other.
(c) To always carry a whip with you.
(d) To always carry a piece of meat in case you meet up with a wild animal.
4. In the senator's final hallucination, what does one of the two foxes he sees have in its mouth?
(a) A Bible.
(b) His best friend from childhood.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) His childhood teddy bear.
5. What kind of business did Lorelli open in New Orleans?
(a) A hair shop.
(b) A laundromat.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who visits Hickman unexpectedly ask for?
2. Why does Bliss know he won't be found by Reverend Hickman?
3. What does the senator feel on his face as he falls into his last series of hallucinations before he dies?
4. With whom does Bliss start to hang out with more and more after seeing the circus?
5. What does the woman who gives birth promise to send after she leaves?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)