|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reverend Hickman tell Bliss that he should not get used to going to movies in the theater?
(a) Because ministers should not be seen in such places.
(b) Because the movie theater is very far away.
(c) Because they cannot afford it.
(d) Because the movies they can afford to see are only in French.
2. How does Hickman find out that the senator's life may be in danger?
(a) He overhears some people talking at the supermarket.
(b) Through a dream.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) Through a phone call.
3. What kind of beer does Charlie drink?
4. In the senator's final hallucination, what kind of person threatens to expose his true identity and background?
(a) An old white woman.
(b) A mean old white man.
(c) A mean old black man.
(d) An old black woman.
5. What drink does Bliss drink when Hickman returns after the incident at the Juneteenth revival?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Cold lemonade.
(d) Watermelon juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What burning question does Bliss finally ask Hickman when they see each other again after the Juneteenth revival?
2. How long does Bliss start disappearing for after he and Reverend Hickman go to the circus?
3. In the senator's final hallucination sequence, what kind of gun is Brer Rabbit holding?
4. What two kinds of memories collide as the senator falls into his last series of hallucinations before he dies?
5. What does Reverend Hickman describe himself as a tamer of?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)