|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bliss breathe when locked inside the coffin?
(b) Through an air tube.
(c) With SCUBA equipment.
(d) With an oxygen mask.
2. Where does Hickman's group go after the assassination?
(b) The Justic Department.
(c) Back to North Carolina.
(d) Straight to the hospital.
3. What analogy does Ellison use to describe Laly and Bliss's love?
(a) Like two lions.
(b) Like two snakes.
(c) Like two dolphins.
(d) Like two birds.
4. What do Laly and Bliss do while on a picnic lunch one Sunday afternoon?
(a) Run away together.
(b) Steal a car.
(c) Get into a major fight.
(d) Make love.
5. What can Bliss see inside his tiny coffin?
(a) The coffin lining.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) His glow-in-the-dark stickers.
(d) Lights from outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
2. What color lining does Bliss's coffin (used during the large Juneteenth revival) have?
3. What is Senator Sunraider's first name?
4. What kind of dialogue is used to describe Senator Sunraider's childhood?
5. What secret object does the young senator always sneak into the coffin he hides in during church services?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bliss conflicted over Hickman's strong encouragement to begin preaching at such a young age?
2. Where does the senator realize the image of the boy in his final hallucination come from?
3. What does Reverend Hickman tell Bliss the film world is a shadow of?
4. What does Hickman consider his permanent home?
5. Why does Bliss think his teddy bear is so brave?
6. What has Lorelli done to make others call the authorities?
7. What does the senator remember as surprising him the most about the woman who interrupts the large Juneteenth service?
8. What does Reverend Hickman learn Senator Sunraider wants on his deathbed?
9. How does Revered Hickman react when the newspaper in D.C. tells him and his group that their story is not interesting?
10. How does Hickman encourage Senator Sunraider to come to peace with the fact that he was preaching at such a young age?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)