|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lorelli?
(a) A woman at the church who wants to become a nun.
(b) The woman who interrupted the Juneteenth revival.
(c) Bliss's new girlfriend.
(d) Bliss's long-lost sister.
2. Why does Reverend Hickman try to stay awake in the hospital with the senator?
(a) He doesn't want to miss another minute with his adopted son.
(b) Just in case the senator wakes up and wants to talk.
(c) He is afraid the assassin is going to come back to try to finish the senator off.
(d) He is so stressed out that he cannot sleep.
3. What does the senator feel on his face as he falls into his last series of hallucinations before he dies?
(a) Extrememe heat from his fever.
(b) A breeze.
(c) A woman kissing him.
(d) A cold, damp cloth.
4. What does Reverend Hickman tell Bliss to do in regard to Lorelli?
(a) Forget her.
(b) Honor her.
(c) Remember her.
(d) Mention her in their next sermon.
5. What kind of beer does Charlie drink?
6. In his final hallucination, what does the banner being carried by a plane read?
(a) "Congratulations, Senator Sunraider!"
(b) "Black People Aren't Welcome Here."
(c) "Welcome to the World Fair!"
(d) "Niggers Stay Away from the Polls."
7. In the senator's final hallucination, what does one of the two foxes he sees have in its mouth?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) His childhood teddy bear.
(c) A Bible.
(d) His best friend from childhood.
8. Why does Reverend Hickman tell Bliss that he should not get used to going to movies in the theater?
(a) Because the movie theater is very far away.
(b) Because ministers should not be seen in such places.
(c) Because they cannot afford it.
(d) Because the movies they can afford to see are only in French.
9. What does Reverend Hickman promise to do with Bliss, if he is good, the week after the chaotic Juneteenth revival?
(a) Stop putting him in the coffin.
(b) Let him go hunting.
(c) Buy him a brand new Bible.
(d) Take him to the movies.
10. What is Lorelli known for?
(a) Trying to steal other people's children.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her amazing cooking.
(d) Her wild hair.
11. How did the lion tamer lose his arm?
(a) In a tractor accident.
(b) A lion bit it off.
(c) He was only born with one arm.
(d) The lion tamer never lost an arm.
12. In the senator's final hallucination sequence, what kind of gun is Brer Rabbit holding?
(a) A .45 caliber pistol.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A pop gun.
(d) A machine gun.
13. Why is Bliss banished back to his original sleeping place at Sister Georgia's house?
(a) Because he was caught looking at pornographic magazines.
(b) Because he snored too loudly.
(c) Because he was caught taking a sip of whiskey from the liquor cabinet.
(d) Because he was trying to see Sister Georgia naked.
14. What does the woman who gives birth promise to send after she leaves?
(a) Money to pay for a education.
(b) Information on the child's father.
(c) Her new address.
(d) Money to pay for food and a new house.
15. What drink does Bliss drink when Hickman returns after the incident at the Juneteenth revival?
(a) Watermelon juice.
(b) Iced tea.
(d) Cold lemonade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman, who knocks on Hickman's door when he is at the ready with guns and a rifle, wearing?
2. What kinds of jobs does Hickman get before he finally is able to land another musical job?
3. Why doesn't Hickman's jazz band take him back?
4. What woman knocks on Hickman's door when he is sitting there, at the ready with guns and a rifle?
5. When Brer Bear catches up with Brer Rabbit in the senator's final hallucination sequence, what is Brer Rabbit doing?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)