|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bliss remember feeling inside of the tiny coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Tired and bored.
(b) Panicked and fearful.
(c) Eager and excited.
(d) Happy and content.
2. Who is Senator Sunraider's assassin working with?
(a) The police.
(b) The FBI.
(c) No one.
(d) The CIA.
3. In D.C., what does the group of visitors need in order to see the senator?
(a) A formal invitation for the party.
(b) To go through security.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) An appointment.
4. For the large Juneteenth revival, who lifts Bliss into the coffin?
(a) A very strong little nun.
(b) A deacon.
(c) His mother.
(d) The reverend.
5. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
6. Why does Hickman say Juneteenth will always be celebrated?
(a) Because it is now a state holiday.
(b) So that its significance is not forgotten.
(c) Because people can take the day off of work.
(d) Because people like to give and receive gifts.
7. How long does reverend Hickman wait at the wounded senator's bedside?
(a) Only for an afternoon.
(b) Until he wakes up.
(c) He never waits by his bedside; he only waits in the hallway.
(d) Only for a minute.
8. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
(a) To a nunnery.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To jail.
(d) To her house.
9. What object is the animal carrying that Senator Sunraider thinks he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) A knife.
(c) An olive branch.
(d) A shield.
10. How does Bliss know when to rise from the coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Reverend Hickman gives him a verbal cue.
(b) He rises when the choir starts to sing "Amazing Grace."
(c) He knows to do it when everything is quiet.
(d) He has a little timer that goes off.
11. What signal does one of the coffin bearers give Bliss to let him know that he's not alone inside the coffin?
(a) He sends him a text message.
(b) He whispers things only Bliss can hear.
(c) He slips him a little note.
(d) He knocks on it.
12. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(b) The senator's dog.
(c) The senator's godfather.
(d) The nickname the senator had as a child.
13. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
(a) She rushes to the police station.
(b) She rushes to the hospital.
(c) She faints.
(d) He doesn't have a wife.
14. When Senator Sunraider wakes up after being attacked, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Angels by his bedside.
(b) His beautiful nurse.
(c) Reverend Hickman looking at him.
(d) The man who attacked him lurking in the shadows.
15. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The religious revivals of this time period served as what kinds of events?
2. How much time left does the senator think he has after he has been attacked?
3. What is the name of the person who assassinates Senator Sunraider?
4. What does Reverend Hickman compare fractured slave families to?
5. What does Laly say she'll have to do a lot of for Bliss?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)