|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Hickman compare fractured slave families to?
(a) Chopped up potatoes.
(b) Jesus's family.
(c) People in prison.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't compare them to anything.
2. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
(a) That he will get her pregnant so she can have a baby.
(b) That he will give her a brand new house.
(c) That he will marry her.
(d) That he will cast her in a movie.
3. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
4. What is Bliss wearing in his little coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) A blue christening gown.
(b) A black suit.
(d) A white suit.
5. What does Bliss find himself torn between after the large Juneteenth revival is interrupted?
(a) His honor and his desire.
(b) The stage and his coffin.
(c) The white woman and a black nun.
(d) His old life and his new life.
6. What two "sins" does Reverend Hickman frequently mention in his reminisces with the senator in the hospital?
(a) Whiskey and fornicating.
(b) Rock and roll and fornicating.
(c) Whiskey and rock and roll.
(d) Drugs and rock and roll.
7. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(a) A mystery man.
(c) A man from the CIA.
(d) His secretary.
8. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim Bliss's real name is?
9. What does Laly say she'll have to do a lot of for Bliss?
(a) Pay for things.
10. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
11. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
(a) To jail.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To a nunnery.
12. What color Bible does the young senator hold when he comes out of the coffin during revivals as a child?
(b) Brown (leather).
(d) Light blue.
13. Who does Hickman accuse of taking away Bliss's singing voice?
(a) The devil.
(b) The same people that gave him white skin and straight hair.
(c) His mother.
(d) The crazy woman who tried to kidnap him.
14. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
(b) Feather weather.
(c) Meat whistle.
15. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) Everything turns red.
(b) In black and white.
(c) In slow motion.
(d) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony want?
2. What rhyme does Bowlegs create to make fun of Bliss?
3. What is Senator Sunraider's first name?
4. How does Bliss remember feeling inside of the tiny coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
5. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)