|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food reward does the young senator get for popping out of the coffin at the appropriate time?
(a) Vanilla ice cream.
(b) A hamburger.
(c) No reward.
(d) A taste of the church wine.
2. What unique sound is Senator Sunraider's last speech met with?
(a) The Rebel yell.
(d) Foot stomping.
3. What Biblical passage does Hickman quote when Bliss arises out of the coffin during revivals?
(a) "Hush, little children."
(b) "And the dead will rise again."
(c) "And we shall love all chidren, even the dead ones."
(d) "And a little child shall lead them."
4. Where is Senator Sunraider's assassin standing?
(a) In the Visitor's Gallery.
(b) In the doorway.
(c) Below the stage.
(d) In the roof beams.
5. What do Laly and Bliss do while on a picnic lunch one Sunday afternoon?
(a) Make love.
(b) Steal a car.
(c) Run away together.
(d) Get into a major fight.
6. What skill of Senator Sunraider's was obvious early in childhood?
(a) His pitching arm.
(b) His speechmaking abilities.
(c) His painting style.
(d) His cooking expertise.
7. At what point does Bliss come out of his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) The people carrying the coffin drop it, so he falls out and ruins the surprise.
(b) He accidentally comes out too early.
(c) The most dramatic.
(d) He accidentally comes out too late.
8. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
(a) Reverend Hickman and Sister Bearmasher.
(b) The police.
(c) She removes herself.
9. What does Senator Sunraider do to block out the visions he is having while giving his last speech?
(a) Ask for a cool cloth.
(b) Close his eyes.
(c) Take a drink of water.
(d) Go to the hospital.
10. When does Juneteenth take place?
(a) The reader never really knows.
(b) Early to mid-twentieth century.
(c) Nineteenth century.
11. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
12. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(b) A man from the CIA.
(c) His secretary.
(d) A mystery man.
13. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
(b) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
(c) After the service is over and people are clapping.
(d) At the most dramatic moment possible.
14. What is the name of the person who assassinates Senator Sunraider?
15. What secret object does the young senator always sneak into the coffin he hides in during church services?
(a) His jacks.
(b) His lucky rock.
(d) A picture of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Bliss feel like he has to wait to be cued out of the coffin?
2. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
3. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
4. The religious revivals of this time period served as what kinds of events?
5. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)