|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(b) To say what he wants and then leave.
(c) Just to talk like old times.
(d) An apology.
2. How long does reverend Hickman wait at the wounded senator's bedside?
(a) He never waits by his bedside; he only waits in the hallway.
(b) Until he wakes up.
(c) Only for a minute.
(d) Only for an afternoon.
3. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
(a) She removes herself.
(b) The police.
(d) Reverend Hickman and Sister Bearmasher.
4. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
(a) He doesn't have a wife.
(b) She rushes to the police station.
(c) She rushes to the hospital.
(d) She faints.
5. Where are Karp, Donelson, and Bliss ultimately trying to get to?
(a) New York City.
6. Who is Sister Bearmasher?
(a) Bliss's sister-in-law.
(b) Bliss's suspected mother.
(c) A woman helping with the large Juneteenth revival.
(d) Bliss's auntie.
7. What do the men do with Bliss's coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Carry it down the aisle.
(b) Accidentally dent it.
(c) Accidentally set it on fire.
(d) Drop it.
8. At what point does Bliss come out of his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) The most dramatic.
(b) He accidentally comes out too early.
(c) He accidentally comes out too late.
(d) The people carrying the coffin drop it, so he falls out and ruins the surprise.
9. In D.C., what does the group of visitors need in order to see the senator?
(a) To go through security.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) A formal invitation for the party.
(d) An appointment.
10. Who is the author of Juneteenth?
(a) Ralph Ellison.
(b) Harvey Milk.
(c) Denzel Washington.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
11. Who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony?
(a) A crazy woman.
(b) A fellow preacher.
(c) The president.
(d) Another small boy who wants to get into the coffin too.
12. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
13. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
(c) His stuffed animals.
(d) His Bible.
14. Which character does Senator Sunraider ask for from the hospital?
(a) Sister Laly.
(b) Reverend Hickman.
(c) The president.
(d) His mother.
15. How does Bliss know when to rise from the coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) He has a little timer that goes off.
(b) Reverend Hickman gives him a verbal cue.
(c) He knows to do it when everything is quiet.
(d) He rises when the choir starts to sing "Amazing Grace."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
2. What is the name of the person who assassinates Senator Sunraider?
3. What signal does one of the coffin bearers give Bliss to let him know that he's not alone inside the coffin?
4. What does Hickman preach will happen if you keep putting one and one together?
5. How much time left does the senator think he has after he has been attacked?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)