|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Bliss feel like he has to wait to be cued out of the coffin?
(a) Not long enough; he likes it in there.
(b) An eternity.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) No more than a minute or two.
2. Who does Hickman accuse of taking away Bliss's singing voice?
(a) The crazy woman who tried to kidnap him.
(b) The same people that gave him white skin and straight hair.
(c) The devil.
(d) His mother.
3. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
(a) That he will cast her in a movie.
(b) That he will marry her.
(c) That he will give her a brand new house.
(d) That he will get her pregnant so she can have a baby.
4. When Senator Sunraider wakes up after being attacked, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Reverend Hickman looking at him.
(b) His beautiful nurse.
(c) Angels by his bedside.
(d) The man who attacked him lurking in the shadows.
5. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) In black and white.
(b) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
(c) In slow motion.
(d) Everything turns red.
6. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(b) To say what he wants and then leave.
(c) Just to talk like old times.
(d) An apology.
7. How many people did Senator Sunraider sometimes preach to in his childhood?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One dozen.
(d) Five thousand.
8. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(a) His secretary.
(b) A man from the CIA.
(c) A mystery man.
9. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
(a) To a nunnery.
(b) To her house.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To jail.
10. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Giving sermons with his father.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
11. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(b) The nickname the senator had as a child.
(c) The senator's dog.
(d) The senator's godfather.
12. When he is on his deathbed, why can't the senator acknowledge Reverend Hickman?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too brain damaged.
(c) He is too confused.
(d) He is too tired.
13. What kind of traditional preaching style do Bliss and Reverend Hickman have?
(a) Call and response.
14. What do Laly and Bliss do while on a picnic lunch one Sunday afternoon?
(a) Get into a major fight.
(b) Make love.
(c) Steal a car.
(d) Run away together.
15. For the large Juneteenth revival, who lifts Bliss into the coffin?
(a) The reverend.
(b) A deacon.
(c) A very strong little nun.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
2. What does Hickman preach will happen if you keep putting one and one together?
3. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
4. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
5. What two "sins" does Reverend Hickman frequently mention in his reminisces with the senator in the hospital?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)