|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While sitting in the hospital together, what major event does Hickman remind the senator of?
(a) Juneteenth revivals.
(b) His tenth birthday.
(c) His wedding day.
(d) His college graduation.
2. What does Hickman say to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
(a) He asks him why he did it.
(b) He tells him he will kill him.
(c) He tells him to wait.
(d) He tells him to hide in a secret closet nearby.
3. What does the senator suggest Reverend Hickman might have otherwise done with his life?
(a) Been a chef.
(b) Been a guitarist.
(c) Been a playwright.
(d) Been a trumpet player.
4. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
(a) He is in shock.
(b) He faints.
(c) He becomes violently angry.
(d) He cheers for joy.
5. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(a) An apology.
(b) Just to talk like old times.
(c) To say what he wants and then leave.
6. Where does Hickman's group go after the assassination?
(a) Back to North Carolina.
(b) Straight to the hospital.
(d) The Justic Department.
7. What secret object does the young senator always sneak into the coffin he hides in during church services?
(b) His lucky rock.
(c) His jacks.
(d) A picture of his mother.
8. At what point does Bliss come out of his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) He accidentally comes out too late.
(b) The people carrying the coffin drop it, so he falls out and ruins the surprise.
(c) He accidentally comes out too early.
(d) The most dramatic.
9. Who are Donelson and Karp?
(a) Bliss's brothers.
(b) Bliss's filmmaker partners.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Bliss's uncles.
10. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
(a) Because he is a religious man.
(b) So he could "roll up the moss."
(c) Because he is too poor to buy anything new.
(d) Because he took a vow of poverty.
11. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
(a) To jail.
(b) To a nunnery.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To her house.
12. What rhyme does Bowlegs create to make fun of Bliss?
(a) Bliss, Bliss, he's a siss.
(b) He didn't create a rhyme.
(c) Bliss, Bliss, Cat piss miss.
(d) Blis, Bliss, always amiss.
13. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) In slow motion.
(b) In black and white.
(c) Everything turns red.
(d) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
14. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
15. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
(a) A visiting choir.
(b) Praying together.
(c) Pictures of his children.
(d) Positive memories of their past together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
2. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim Bliss's real name is?
3. What unique sound is Senator Sunraider's last speech met with?
4. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
5. What does Reverend Hickman compare fractured slave families to?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)