|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like what animal does Reverend Hickman encourage his parishoners to continue to "inch on"?
(a) A tall oak tree.
(b) A weed.
(c) A snail.
(d) An inchworm.
2. What does Bliss try to imagine to keep himself calm while inside the coffin?
(a) Fresh air and lights.
(b) His mother.
3. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim Bliss's real name is?
4. When he is on his deathbed, why can't the senator acknowledge Reverend Hickman?
(a) He is too confused.
(b) He is too proud.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He is too brain damaged.
5. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) Giving sermons with his father.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
6. What does the young senator think his only weapon is as a child?
(a) His religion.
(b) The power of his words.
(c) His belief in God.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
7. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
(a) He faints.
(b) He becomes violently angry.
(c) He cheers for joy.
(d) He is in shock.
8. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) Everything turns red.
(b) In slow motion.
(c) In black and white.
(d) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
9. What do the men do with Bliss's coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Drop it.
(b) Accidentally dent it.
(c) Accidentally set it on fire.
(d) Carry it down the aisle.
10. What item does the young senator demand be in the coffin with him?
(a) He demands nothing at all, not even a pillow.
(b) His nightlight.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) His favorite blanket.
11. How long does reverend Hickman wait at the wounded senator's bedside?
(a) Until he wakes up.
(b) Only for a minute.
(c) He never waits by his bedside; he only waits in the hallway.
(d) Only for an afternoon.
12. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
(a) That he will cast her in a movie.
(b) That he will give her a brand new house.
(c) That he will marry her.
(d) That he will get her pregnant so she can have a baby.
13. Where is Senator Sunraider's assassin standing?
(a) In the doorway.
(b) In the Visitor's Gallery.
(c) Below the stage.
(d) In the roof beams.
14. What does the person who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony look like?
(a) A black woman in a wheelchair.
(b) A Latina woman with long, beautiful braids.
(c) A white woman with severe burn scars.
(d) A white woman with unruy hair.
15. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) A dragon.
(d) An eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laly?
2. What is the name of the person who assassinates Senator Sunraider?
3. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
4. What does Bliss find himself torn between after the large Juneteenth revival is interrupted?
5. What kind of dialogue is used to describe Senator Sunraider's childhood?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)