|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the senator suggest Reverend Hickman might have otherwise done with his life?
(a) Been a guitarist.
(b) Been a chef.
(c) Been a trumpet player.
(d) Been a playwright.
2. For the large Juneteenth revival, who lifts Bliss into the coffin?
(a) The reverend.
(b) A very strong little nun.
(c) His mother.
(d) A deacon.
3. What is the name of the person who assassinates Senator Sunraider?
4. What secret object does the young senator always sneak into the coffin he hides in during church services?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) His jacks.
(d) His lucky rock.
5. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
(a) She rushes to the police station.
(b) He doesn't have a wife.
(c) She faints.
(d) She rushes to the hospital.
6. When does Juneteenth take place?
(a) The reader never really knows.
(b) Early to mid-twentieth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
7. Who is Sister Bearmasher?
(a) Bliss's sister-in-law.
(b) Bliss's suspected mother.
(c) A woman helping with the large Juneteenth revival.
(d) Bliss's auntie.
8. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(b) The senator's dog.
(c) The senator's godfather.
(d) The nickname the senator had as a child.
9. Where does Hickman's group go after the assassination?
(b) The Justic Department.
(c) Straight to the hospital.
(d) Back to North Carolina.
10. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
(a) That Bliss is her son.
(b) That she has seen the Lord.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she met Jesus a minute ago.
11. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) His Bible.
(b) None of these answers is correct.
(c) His stuffed animals.
(d) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
12. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(b) To say what he wants and then leave.
(c) Just to talk like old times.
(d) An apology.
13. Where are Karp, Donelson, and Bliss ultimately trying to get to?
(c) New York City.
14. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
(a) Feather weather.
(b) Meat whistle.
15. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
2. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
3. Who is the author of Juneteenth?
4. What does Hickman say to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
5. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)