|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Senator Sunraider ask for from the hospital?
(a) The president.
(b) Reverend Hickman.
(c) His mother.
(d) Sister Laly.
2. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
3. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) A dinosaur.
(b) A dragon.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An elephant.
4. What color Bible does the young senator hold when he comes out of the coffin during revivals as a child?
(b) Brown (leather).
(d) Light blue.
5. What does Senator Sunraider do to block out the visions he is having while giving his last speech?
(a) Close his eyes.
(b) Go to the hospital.
(c) Ask for a cool cloth.
(d) Take a drink of water.
6. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(b) The senator's godfather.
(c) The senator's dog.
(d) The nickname the senator had as a child.
7. What food reward does the young senator get for popping out of the coffin at the appropriate time?
(a) A hamburger.
(b) Vanilla ice cream.
(c) No reward.
(d) A taste of the church wine.
8. What does Hickman say to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
(a) He tells him to hide in a secret closet nearby.
(b) He asks him why he did it.
(c) He tells him he will kill him.
(d) He tells him to wait.
9. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
(a) That she met Jesus a minute ago.
(b) That Bliss is her son.
(c) That she has seen the Lord.
(d) That she is pregnant.
10. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) His stuffed animals.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
11. Who is Senator Sunraider's assassin working with?
(a) The CIA.
(b) No one.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The police.
12. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
(c) Meat whistle.
(d) Feather weather.
13. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
(c) None of these answers is correct.
14. What does the senator suggest Reverend Hickman might have otherwise done with his life?
(a) Been a trumpet player.
(b) Been a playwright.
(c) Been a guitarist.
(d) Been a chef.
15. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young senator think his only weapon is as a child?
2. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
3. What does Hickman preach will happen if you keep putting one and one together?
4. What rhyme does Bowlegs create to make fun of Bliss?
5. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)