|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill of Senator Sunraider's was obvious early in childhood?
(a) His pitching arm.
(b) His speechmaking abilities.
(c) His painting style.
(d) His cooking expertise.
2. What item does the young senator demand be in the coffin with him?
(a) His favorite blanket.
(b) His nightlight.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) He demands nothing at all, not even a pillow.
3. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
4. Why does Hickman say Juneteenth will always be celebrated?
(a) Because it is now a state holiday.
(b) Because people like to give and receive gifts.
(c) So that its significance is not forgotten.
(d) Because people can take the day off of work.
5. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
6. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) In slow motion.
(b) Everything turns red.
(c) In black and white.
(d) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
7. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
(a) That he will cast her in a movie.
(b) That he will give her a brand new house.
(c) That he will get her pregnant so she can have a baby.
(d) That he will marry her.
8. In D.C., where does the group go to hear Senator Sunraider speak?
(a) A rally at the mall.
(b) The Senate.
(c) A rally in downtown D.C.
(d) The American History Museum.
9. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
(a) So he could "roll up the moss."
(b) Because he is too poor to buy anything new.
(c) Because he is a religious man.
(d) Because he took a vow of poverty.
10. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
(b) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
(c) After the service is over and people are clapping.
(d) At the most dramatic moment possible.
11. How much time left does the senator think he has after he has been attacked?
(a) At least a few more good years.
(b) One minute, max.
(c) All the time in the world.
(d) Not much at all.
12. What does Bliss try to imagine to keep himself calm while inside the coffin?
(b) Fresh air and lights.
(c) His mother.
13. How is Senator Sunraider assassinated?
(a) He is strangled.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is shot.
14. What analogy does Ellison use to describe Laly and Bliss's love?
(a) Like two birds.
(b) Like two snakes.
(c) Like two dolphins.
(d) Like two lions.
15. The religious revivals of this time period served as what kinds of events?
(b) Spiritual and social.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial reward does the young senator get for popping out of the coffin at the appropriate time?
2. What kind of dialogue is used to describe Senator Sunraider's childhood?
3. Where is Senator Sunraider's assassin standing?
4. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
5. Who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)