|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color Bible does the young senator hold when he comes out of the coffin during revivals as a child?
(b) Light blue.
(c) Brown (leather).
2. When does Juneteenth take place?
(a) Nineteenth century.
(b) Early to mid-twentieth century.
(d) The reader never really knows.
3. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
(b) Meat whistle.
(c) Feather weather.
4. What does the young senator think his only weapon is as a child?
(a) His religion.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) The power of his words.
(d) His belief in God.
5. What does Hickman preach will happen if you keep putting one and one together?
(a) You'll just keep counting forever.
(b) You never get to see the big picture.
(c) People will burn out.
(d) You'll get a million.
6. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) After the service is over and people are clapping.
(b) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
(c) At the most dramatic moment possible.
(d) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
7. What does Senator Sunraider attempt to do after he is attacked?
(a) Finish his speech.
(b) Apprehend his assassin.
(c) Maintain consciousness.
(d) Hid his wounds.
8. When Senator Sunraider wakes up after being attacked, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) Angels by his bedside.
(b) Reverend Hickman looking at him.
(c) His beautiful nurse.
(d) The man who attacked him lurking in the shadows.
9. How does Bliss breathe when locked inside the coffin?
(b) Through an air tube.
(c) With an oxygen mask.
(d) With SCUBA equipment.
10. Who does the group in D.C. try to tell their story to?
(a) A famous author.
(b) A radio station.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A TV reporter.
11. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
12. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
13. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A dinosaur.
(d) An eagle.
14. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
(a) That he will cast her in a movie.
(b) That he will give her a brand new house.
(c) That he will get her pregnant so she can have a baby.
(d) That he will marry her.
15. How many people did Senator Sunraider sometimes preach to in his childhood?
(a) One dozen.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony?
2. Like what animal does Reverend Hickman encourage his parishoners to continue to "inch on"?
3. What does Bliss hear while he is inside his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
4. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
5. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)