|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Senator Sunraider ask for from the hospital?
(a) Reverend Hickman.
(b) His mother.
(c) Sister Laly.
(d) The president.
2. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
(b) After the service is over and people are clapping.
(c) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
(d) At the most dramatic moment possible.
3. Why is the senator so cold, initially, to Reverend Hickman in the hospital?
(a) Because he is embarrassed by his looks.
(b) Because he is still mad about the last fight they had.
(c) Because he feels he can do nothing for African Americans.
(d) Because he is still angry about being abused.
4. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
(a) He is in shock.
(b) He faints.
(c) He cheers for joy.
(d) He becomes violently angry.
5. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
(a) He falls off the balcony to his death.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He is tried and found guilty.
(d) He is detained and attacked by an angry mob.
6. Where are Karp, Donelson, and Bliss ultimately trying to get to?
(a) New York City.
7. In D.C., where does the group go to hear Senator Sunraider speak?
(a) A rally at the mall.
(b) The American History Museum.
(c) The Senate.
(d) A rally in downtown D.C.
8. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
(a) Praying together.
(b) Positive memories of their past together.
(c) Pictures of his children.
(d) A visiting choir.
9. What financial reward does the young senator get for popping out of the coffin at the appropriate time?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) No reward.
10. What kind of traditional preaching style do Bliss and Reverend Hickman have?
(a) Call and response.
11. How long does Bliss feel like he has to wait to be cued out of the coffin?
(a) An eternity.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Not long enough; he likes it in there.
(d) No more than a minute or two.
12. How does Bliss know when to rise from the coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Reverend Hickman gives him a verbal cue.
(b) He rises when the choir starts to sing "Amazing Grace."
(c) He knows to do it when everything is quiet.
(d) He has a little timer that goes off.
13. What does Senator Sunraider do to block out the visions he is having while giving his last speech?
(a) Close his eyes.
(b) Ask for a cool cloth.
(c) Go to the hospital.
(d) Take a drink of water.
14. For the large Juneteenth revival, who lifts Bliss into the coffin?
(a) His mother.
(b) A deacon.
(c) A very strong little nun.
(d) The reverend.
15. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
(a) That Bliss is her son.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she met Jesus a minute ago.
(d) That she has seen the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is on his deathbed, why can't the senator acknowledge Reverend Hickman?
2. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
3. What was Senator Sunraider's childhood name?
4. What does Bliss find himself torn between after the large Juneteenth revival is interrupted?
5. At what point does Bliss come out of his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)