|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
(b) At the most dramatic moment possible.
(c) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
(d) After the service is over and people are clapping.
2. What food reward does the young senator get for popping out of the coffin at the appropriate time?
(a) No reward.
(b) A taste of the church wine.
(c) Vanilla ice cream.
(d) A hamburger.
3. Like what animal does Reverend Hickman encourage his parishoners to continue to "inch on"?
(a) An inchworm.
(b) A snail.
(c) A tall oak tree.
(d) A weed.
4. What do Laly and Bliss do while on a picnic lunch one Sunday afternoon?
(a) Make love.
(b) Run away together.
(c) Get into a major fight.
(d) Steal a car.
5. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His stuffed animals.
6. Why is the senator so cold, initially, to Reverend Hickman in the hospital?
(a) Because he is still mad about the last fight they had.
(b) Because he is embarrassed by his looks.
(c) Because he feels he can do nothing for African Americans.
(d) Because he is still angry about being abused.
7. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(a) To say what he wants and then leave.
(b) An apology.
(d) Just to talk like old times.
8. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
(a) So he could "roll up the moss."
(b) Because he took a vow of poverty.
(c) Because he is a religious man.
(d) Because he is too poor to buy anything new.
9. What kind of events does Laly host in her home for Bliss?
(a) Holiday tea parties.
10. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
(a) Praying together.
(b) A visiting choir.
(c) Positive memories of their past together.
(d) Pictures of his children.
11. Why does Hickman say Juneteenth will always be celebrated?
(a) Because people like to give and receive gifts.
(b) Because it is now a state holiday.
(c) Because people can take the day off of work.
(d) So that its significance is not forgotten.
12. What does the person who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony look like?
(a) A Latina woman with long, beautiful braids.
(b) A black woman in a wheelchair.
(c) A white woman with unruy hair.
(d) A white woman with severe burn scars.
13. What does the senator suggest Reverend Hickman might have otherwise done with his life?
(a) Been a playwright.
(b) Been a chef.
(c) Been a trumpet player.
(d) Been a guitarist.
14. Who does Hickman accuse of taking away Bliss's singing voice?
(a) The devil.
(b) The crazy woman who tried to kidnap him.
(c) The same people that gave him white skin and straight hair.
(d) His mother.
15. What color lining does Bliss's coffin (used during the large Juneteenth revival) have?
(b) Baby blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bliss hear while he is inside his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
2. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
3. Who is Senator Sunraider's assassin working with?
4. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
5. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)