|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(a) A mystery man.
(b) A man from the CIA.
(c) His secretary.
2. What analogy does Ellison use to describe Laly and Bliss's love?
(a) Like two birds.
(b) Like two lions.
(c) Like two snakes.
(d) Like two dolphins.
3. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
(a) Giving sermons with his father.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Picking cotton.
4. What kind of traditional preaching style do Bliss and Reverend Hickman have?
(d) Call and response.
5. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A dinosaur.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An elephant.
6. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
(a) He falls off the balcony to his death.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He is tried and found guilty.
(d) He is detained and attacked by an angry mob.
7. Who does Hickman accuse of taking away Bliss's singing voice?
(a) The same people that gave him white skin and straight hair.
(b) His mother.
(c) The devil.
(d) The crazy woman who tried to kidnap him.
8. When he is on his deathbed, why can't the senator acknowledge Reverend Hickman?
(a) He is too proud.
(b) He is too confused.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He is too brain damaged.
9. What does Bliss hear while he is inside his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) The sounds of the doors locking because the service is over.
(b) His mother comforting him.
(c) The sermon coming to a fever pitch.
(d) The choir singing off-key.
10. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
11. What does Laly say she'll have to do a lot of for Bliss?
(d) Pay for things.
12. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
(a) She faints.
(b) She rushes to the hospital.
(c) He doesn't have a wife.
(d) She rushes to the police station.
13. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
(b) His stuffed animals.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) His Bible.
14. What does Senator Sunraider do to block out the visions he is having while giving his last speech?
(a) Take a drink of water.
(b) Go to the hospital.
(c) Ask for a cool cloth.
(d) Close his eyes.
15. How much time left does the senator think he has after he has been attacked?
(a) All the time in the world.
(b) Not much at all.
(c) At least a few more good years.
(d) One minute, max.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
2. What kind of events does Laly host in her home for Bliss?
3. How does Bliss remember feeling inside of the tiny coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
4. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
5. What is Bliss wearing in his little coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)