|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
(a) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Picking cotton.
(d) Giving sermons with his father.
2. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(b) The senator's dog.
(c) The senator's godfather.
(d) The nickname the senator had as a child.
3. Why is the senator so cold, initially, to Reverend Hickman in the hospital?
(a) Because he is still mad about the last fight they had.
(b) Because he is still angry about being abused.
(c) Because he is embarrassed by his looks.
(d) Because he feels he can do nothing for African Americans.
4. What kind of traditional preaching style do Bliss and Reverend Hickman have?
(b) Call and response.
5. With what term is Bowlegs unfamiliar?
(a) Meat whistle.
(d) Feather weather.
6. Who are Donelson and Karp?
(a) Bliss's uncles.
(b) Bliss's brothers.
(c) Bliss's filmmaker partners.
(d) None of these answers is correct.
7. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
8. Who is Laly?
(a) Bliss's first real love.
(b) Reverend Hickman's daughter.
(c) The senator's hospital doctor.
(d) Bliss's sister.
9. Which character does Senator Sunraider ask for from the hospital?
(a) Reverend Hickman.
(b) The president.
(c) Sister Laly.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Senator Sunraider attempt to do after he is attacked?
(a) Hid his wounds.
(b) Finish his speech.
(c) Maintain consciousness.
(d) Apprehend his assassin.
11. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
(a) He is in shock.
(b) He faints.
(c) He becomes violently angry.
(d) He cheers for joy.
12. What item does the young senator demand be in the coffin with him?
(a) His nightlight.
(b) His favorite blanket.
(c) His teddy bear.
(d) He demands nothing at all, not even a pillow.
13. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
(a) That she met Jesus a minute ago.
(b) That she has seen the Lord.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Bliss is her son.
14. Who is the author of Juneteenth?
(a) Ernest Hemmingway.
(b) Harvey Milk.
(c) Denzel Washington.
(d) Ralph Ellison.
15. Where are Karp, Donelson, and Bliss ultimately trying to get to?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rhyme does Bowlegs create to make fun of Bliss?
2. What kind of job does A.Z. have?
3. In D.C., where does the group go to hear Senator Sunraider speak?
4. What do Laly and Bliss do while on a picnic lunch one Sunday afternoon?
5. How does Senator Sunraider's wife respond to news of the shooting?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)