|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
(a) The police.
(b) Reverend Hickman and Sister Bearmasher.
(c) She removes herself.
2. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim?
(a) That she has seen the Lord.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That Bliss is her son.
(d) That she met Jesus a minute ago.
3. What can Bliss see inside his tiny coffin?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) The coffin lining.
(c) His glow-in-the-dark stickers.
(d) Lights from outside.
4. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(a) His secretary.
(b) A man from the CIA.
(d) A mystery man.
5. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
(d) None of these answers is correct.
6. In D.C., where does the group go to hear Senator Sunraider speak?
(a) The American History Museum.
(b) The Senate.
(c) A rally at the mall.
(d) A rally in downtown D.C.
7. At what moment during church services does the young senator pop out of the coffin?
(a) After the service is over and people are clapping.
(b) When everyone is quiet and settling in.
(c) At the most dramatic moment possible.
(d) He never pops out; he just plays dead for sympathy.
8. What does Reverend Hickman compare fractured slave families to?
(a) Chopped up potatoes.
(b) People in prison.
(c) Jesus's family.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't compare them to anything.
9. What does Hickman preach will happen if you keep putting one and one together?
(a) People will burn out.
(b) You never get to see the big picture.
(c) You'll get a million.
(d) You'll just keep counting forever.
10. How is Senator Sunraider assassinated?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is stabbed.
(d) He is strangled.
11. While sitting in the hospital together, what major event does Hickman remind the senator of?
(a) Juneteenth revivals.
(b) His wedding day.
(c) His college graduation.
(d) His tenth birthday.
12. How long does Bliss feel like he has to wait to be cued out of the coffin?
(a) No more than a minute or two.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Not long enough; he likes it in there.
(d) An eternity.
13. How many people did Senator Sunraider sometimes preach to in his childhood?
(a) One dozen.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) One hundred.
14. What secret object does the young senator always sneak into the coffin he hides in during church services?
(a) His lucky rock.
(c) A picture of his mother.
(d) His jacks.
15. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) A visiting choir.
(c) Praying together.
(d) Positive memories of their past together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Senator Sunraider's assassin working with?
2. Who does Hickman accuse of taking away Bliss's singing voice?
3. What kind of events does Laly host in her home for Bliss?
4. How does Bliss remember himself, in flashbacks, while he was with Laly?
5. Where does Hickman's group go after the assassination?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)