|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bliss wearing in his little coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) A black suit.
(c) A white suit.
(d) A blue christening gown.
2. When he sees Hickman by his bedside, what does the senator want from him?
(a) Just to talk like old times.
(c) An apology.
(d) To say what he wants and then leave.
3. What does Hickman think might help the senator while he is lying in his hospital bed?
(a) Praying together.
(b) Positive memories of their past together.
(c) A visiting choir.
(d) Pictures of his children.
4. What is Senator Sunraider's first name?
5. What skill of Senator Sunraider's was obvious early in childhood?
(a) His cooking expertise.
(b) His pitching arm.
(c) His painting style.
(d) His speechmaking abilities.
6. What does Hickman say is the one thing keeping Bliss from being a great preacher?
(a) He curses too much.
(b) He won't sing.
(c) He likes to sleep late on Sundays.
(d) He wants to get married.
7. What unique sound is Senator Sunraider's last speech met with?
(b) Foot stomping.
(d) The Rebel yell.
8. What can Bliss see inside his tiny coffin?
(a) The coffin lining.
(b) Lights from outside.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) His glow-in-the-dark stickers.
9. What does Hickman say to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
(a) He tells him to hide in a secret closet nearby.
(b) He tells him he will kill him.
(c) He tells him to wait.
(d) He asks him why he did it.
10. What Biblical passage does Hickman quote when Bliss arises out of the coffin during revivals?
(a) "And we shall love all chidren, even the dead ones."
(b) "And the dead will rise again."
(c) "Hush, little children."
(d) "And a little child shall lead them."
11. What was Senator Sunraider's first real job?
(a) Giving sermons with his father.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Picking cotton.
12. When Senator Sunraider wakes up after being attacked, what is the first thing he sees?
(a) The man who attacked him lurking in the shadows.
(b) Reverend Hickman looking at him.
(c) His beautiful nurse.
(d) Angels by his bedside.
13. What item does the young senator demand be in the coffin with him?
(a) He demands nothing at all, not even a pillow.
(b) His teddy bear.
(c) His favorite blanket.
(d) His nightlight.
14. What does the young senator think his only weapon is as a child?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) His belief in God.
(c) His religion.
(d) The power of his words.
15. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
(b) None of these answers is correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dialogue is used to describe Senator Sunraider's childhood?
2. Who is Bowlegs?
3. What does Bliss try to imagine to keep himself calm while inside the coffin?
4. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
5. What object is the animal carrying that Senator Sunraider thinks he sees while giving his last speech?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)