|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) An eagle.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A dinosaur.
2. Where is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony ultimately taken?
(a) To her house.
(b) To jail.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To a nunnery.
3. What does Senator Sunraider attempt to do after he is attacked?
(a) Finish his speech.
(b) Maintain consciousness.
(c) Hid his wounds.
(d) Apprehend his assassin.
4. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
(b) In slow motion.
(c) Everything turns red.
(d) In black and white.
5. Who is Bowlegs?
(a) The senator's godfather.
(b) The bully who starts a fight with Bliss.
(c) The senator's dog.
(d) The nickname the senator had as a child.
6. Like what animal does Reverend Hickman encourage his parishoners to continue to "inch on"?
(a) A tall oak tree.
(b) A weed.
(c) A snail.
(d) An inchworm.
7. What object is the animal carrying that Senator Sunraider thinks he sees while giving his last speech?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) An olive branch.
(d) A shield.
8. What is Senator Sunraider's first name?
9. What is the age group of the people who arrive in Washington, D.C. when the novel opens?
(a) Young kids (there for a field trip).
10. What do the men do with Bliss's coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Drop it.
(b) Accidentally set it on fire.
(c) Accidentally dent it.
(d) Carry it down the aisle.
11. Where is Senator Sunraider's assassin standing?
(a) Below the stage.
(b) In the Visitor's Gallery.
(c) In the doorway.
(d) In the roof beams.
12. Which character does Senator Sunraider ask for from the hospital?
(a) Reverend Hickman.
(b) The president.
(c) His mother.
(d) Sister Laly.
13. What items does Bliss have with him in the coffin before the Juneteenth revival?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) His stuffed animals.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His stuffed animals and his Bible.
14. What kinds of traditions does the Juneteenth holiday end up being connected to?
(d) None of these answers is correct.
15. While sitting in the hospital together, what major event does Hickman remind the senator of?
(a) Juneteenth revivals.
(b) His tenth birthday.
(c) His wedding day.
(d) His college graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth ceremony claim Bliss's real name is?
2. How is the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony removed from the service?
3. What does Bliss try to imagine to keep himself calm while inside the coffin?
4. When Senator Sunraider wakes up after being attacked, what is the first thing he sees?
5. Who is Laly?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)