|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of events does Laly host in her home for Bliss?
(d) Holiday tea parties.
2. What color Bible does the young senator hold when he comes out of the coffin during revivals as a child?
(a) Light blue.
(b) Brown (leather).
3. How does Senator Sunraider see things once he has been attacked?
(a) Everything turns red.
(b) He sees things but cannot hear anything.
(c) In black and white.
(d) In slow motion.
4. What does Bliss try to imagine to keep himself calm while inside the coffin?
(a) Fresh air and lights.
(d) His mother.
5. Who removes the person who interrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony from the service?
(a) Reverend Hickman and Sister Bearmasher.
(c) She removes herself.
(d) The police.
6. What does the senator suggest Reverend Hickman might have otherwise done with his life?
(a) Been a guitarist.
(b) Been a chef.
(c) Been a playwright.
(d) Been a trumpet player.
7. Who blocks the group's ability to see Senator Sunraider in D.C.?
(a) A man from the CIA.
(b) His secretary.
(c) A mystery man.
8. Where is Senator Sunraider's assassin standing?
(a) In the doorway.
(b) Below the stage.
(c) In the Visitor's Gallery.
(d) In the roof beams.
9. What kind of dialogue is used to describe Senator Sunraider's childhood?
10. How does Bliss know when to rise from the coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) He has a little timer that goes off.
(b) Reverend Hickman gives him a verbal cue.
(c) He knows to do it when everything is quiet.
(d) He rises when the choir starts to sing "Amazing Grace."
11. When does Juneteenth take place?
(a) The reader never really knows.
(b) Early to mid-twentieth century.
(d) Nineteenth century.
12. How many people did Senator Sunraider sometimes preach to in his childhood?
(a) One dozen.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) One hundred.
13. What is Bliss wearing in his little coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(b) A black suit.
(c) A blue christening gown.
(d) A white suit.
14. What does Hickman say is the one thing keeping Bliss from being a great preacher?
(a) He wants to get married.
(b) He won't sing.
(c) He likes to sleep late on Sundays.
(d) He curses too much.
15. While sitting in the hospital together, what major event does Hickman remind the senator of?
(a) His wedding day.
(b) Juneteenth revivals.
(c) His tenth birthday.
(d) His college graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does Bliss come out of his coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
2. According to Donelson, why does Bliss travel so lightly?
3. What does the person who disrupts the large Juneteenth revival ceremony look like?
4. How much time left does the senator think he has after he has been attacked?
5. Why does Hickman say Juneteenth will always be celebrated?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)