|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Bliss start disappearing for after he and Reverend Hickman go to the circus?
(a) Months and months.
(b) Weeks and weeks.
(c) A few days at a time.
(d) A few hours at a time.
2. How does Reverend Hickman react when he sees Senator Sunraider attacked?
(a) He becomes violently angry.
(b) He faints.
(c) He is in shock.
(d) He cheers for joy.
3. Like what animal does Reverend Hickman encourage his parishoners to continue to "inch on"?
(a) A snail.
(b) An inchworm.
(c) A weed.
(d) A tall oak tree.
4. How does Bliss remember feeling inside of the tiny coffin during the large Juneteenth revival?
(a) Eager and excited.
(b) Happy and content.
(c) Tired and bored.
(d) Panicked and fearful.
5. What do the clowns use to make their faces so dark?
(a) Ground up dried fruit.
(b) Ashes from a bonfire.
(c) Ashes from a fire pit.
(d) Burned cork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Senator Sunraider think he sees while giving his last speech?
2. What object is the animal carrying that Senator Sunraider thinks he sees while giving his last speech?
3. What happens to Senator Sunraider's assassin?
4. What promise does Bliss make to Laly?
5. What color Bible does the young senator hold when he comes out of the coffin during revivals as a child?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)