|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dru stare out the window in Tom's car?
(a) She is trying to figure out if it is going to rain.
(b) She does not like Diane's driving.
(c) So she will not get upset with Diane.
(d) So she can see which way to go.
2. How did Mike change Dru's life?
(a) Her grades in math went up.
(b) Her grades lowered because she spends too much time with him.
(c) He made her part of the in crowd.
(d) Her mother lets her go out more since dating him.
3. Why does Dru want to leave the Nail?
(a) It is too cold and windy.
(b) She needs to work in the morning.
(c) She has to get home before her mother.
(d) The kids there are drunk.
4. What does Lizzie know that Dru knows also?
(a) Scooter plans to commit suicide.
(b) Scooter is secretly dating Elisa.
(c) Elisa's secret.
(d) Elisa's boyfriend, Tommy, is moving next month.
5. Why is Elisa considering a jump?
(a) She's hoping to accidentally kill herself.
(b) She has things to prove.
(c) Scooter wants her to go with him.
(d) She loves danger.
6. What does Scooter bring with him to wear on his jump?
(a) An orange life jacket.
(b) His ex-girlfriend's bracelet.
(c) A helmet.
(d) A multi-colored scarf.
7. Who finally jumps off the Nail?
(a) Diane and Jeremy.
(b) Scooter and Mike.
(c) Scooter and Elisa.
(d) Elisa and Jimmy.
8. How is Diane described?
(a) Red haired and crazy.
(b) Brunette and pretty.
(c) Brown haired and calm.
(d) Blond and beautiful.
9. Why does Scooter want to jump off the Nail?
(a) To impress his ex-girlfriend.
(b) To brag.
(c) To see what it feels like.
(d) To prove to himself he is fearless.
10. What does Jeremy say he could not do?
(a) Be convinced to jump himself.
(b) Tell Scooter's father.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Talk Scooter out of jumping.
11. What does Dru tell her father when she calls him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) That she is at Beverly's house.
(b) That she has stopped by the library.
(c) That she is going to be home late.
(d) That she is with Mike.
12. What does Mike say to Dru about his father and Dru's mother?
(a) He said they didn't know each other well.
(b) He talks about his father dating her mother.
(c) He said they were rivals in school.
(d) He said they were best friends.
13. How does Scooter seem before the jump?
(d) Very carefree.
14. What does Tom think Elisa will do for Scooter?
(b) Do his homework.
(c) Pay for his dinner.
(d) Have sex with him.
15. What is the condition outside near the Nail?
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Slightly foggy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the distance from the Nail to the water?
2. What does Scooter say jumping off the Nail does?
3. What is Elisa doing at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does Dru tell Elisa when Elisa gets ready to leave the house?
5. How does Elisa feel towards Scooter?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)