|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Elisa's hair?
2. What is Dru doing at the opening of Chapter One?
(a) Playing on the computer.
(b) Walking her dog.
(c) Talking on the phone.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. What does Jeremy say he could not do?
(a) Be convinced to jump himself.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Tell Scooter's father.
(d) Talk Scooter out of jumping.
4. What does Dru tell Lizzie privately?
(a) Elisa is not pregnant.
(b) Elisa does not take any medicine.
(c) Elisa's mother is in New York.
(d) Elisa said she might wait a week.
5. What does Elisa say has made her life better?
(a) Her mother and father getting back together.
(b) Dating Jimmy.
(d) Her older brother leaving for college.
6. What does Diane say to Mike about college?
(a) She cannot decide what classes to take.
(b) He will have study harder than in high school.
(c) He should have gone to her school.
(d) They should take Friday classes.
7. What does Mike try to do with Dru in the car?
(a) Get her to make out with him.
(b) Teach her to drive a standard shift.
(c) Distract her.
(d) Get her to say she loves him.
8. Why are the other teenagers at the Nail different from Dru?
(a) They are not members of the National Honor Society.
(b) They all belong to the football team or cheerleading squad.
(c) They come from the lower valley.
(d) They are rich and wear designer clothing.
9. How does Tom feel about Diane's suggestion to Mike?
10. Who is Mike's ex-girlfriend?
11. What would Diane like Mike to do at college on the weekends?
(a) Go out with her.
(b) Drive her home.
(c) Go visit Dru at her college.
(d) Throw a party at his apartment.
12. How is Diane described?
(a) Blond and beautiful.
(b) Red haired and crazy.
(c) Brown haired and calm.
(d) Brunette and pretty.
13. How does Dru feel when she is talking to her dad?
(d) Comfortable and safe.
14. What does Elisa say she bumped into in the water?
(a) A large rock.
(b) A car.
(c) A shark.
(d) A surf board.
15. How does Dru get at the jump site?
(d) Teary-eyed and upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizzie know that Dru knows also?
2. Where do Dru and Mike go to watch a jump?
3. Why does Dru want to leave the Nail?
4. What does Elisa's house smell like?
5. What does Dru tell Elisa when Elisa gets ready to leave the house?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)