|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bam’s reasoning for not owning a pistol?
(a) He doesn’t shoot animals.
(b) He doesn’t shoot birds.
(c) He doesn’t shoot people.
(d) He doesn’t shoot guns.
2. What does Bam think they should have brought to the chief?
3. What does Maureen demand July do when she finds him after an obejctive has gone missing from her hut?
(a) Talk to Bam.
(b) Help them escape.
(c) Tell her what’s wrong.
(d) Get the gun back.
4. What greeting does Daniel give the man at the gathering place?
(a) A hand shake.
(c) A raised fist.
(d) A hug.
5. Who does Maureen suddenly realize has been missing in Section 10 since the object in her hut also dissapeared?
(a) The car.
6. What does Maureen suggest in Section 9 that they need to do to save July?
(b) Help the chief.
(c) Run with him.
(d) Take July to America.
7. Why does July send Daniel away in Section 7?
(a) He knows Maureen doesn’t like Daniel.
(b) He wants to speak to Maureen privately.
(c) He wants to talk about Daniel.
(d) He wants to be left alone.
8. Who does Maureen hear as she runs through the jungle at the end of the book?
(b) The chief.
(d) Her family.
9. Why does Maureen suddenly bring up the stolen items in Section 10?
(a) She is going to press charges.
(b) She wants to end their relationship.
(c) She wants Daniel to return the items.
(d) She is hurt.
10. Who is the first man the Smalls meet on their way to the chief?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The chief.
(c) Headman for the chief.
(d) A police officer.
11. What does July think of his own chief?
(a) He thinks the cheif is brave.
(b) He thinks the chief is dying.
(c) He thinks the chief is weak.
(d) He thinks the chief is strong.
12. By the end of Section 7, what does Maureen realize about July and his feelings for her?
(a) She realizes he hates her.
(b) She realizes he loves her.
(c) She doesn’t know how he feels for her.
(d) She realizes he is humiliated.
13. Where does Maureen end up finding July in Section 10 after an object goes missing from her hut?
(a) At the chief's.
(b) At home.
(c) At the village.
(d) At the car.
14. Why do the Smalls lead their children away from the party in Section 9?
(a) It is too dangerous.
(b) Many are drunk.
(c) Many are fighting.
(d) It is too loud.
15. Why does Maureen believe July doesn’t want her with his wife?
(a) He fears she will discuss his affair.
(b) He thinks she will be rude.
(c) He thinks she will be hurt.
(d) He thinks she will be judgmental.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a gumbagumba?
2. In Section 6, what does Victor note some Africans are, unlike July?
3. Why is July’s mother angry in Section 6?
4. What is missing from the hut when the Smalls return home?
5. What does Maureen not realize she is helping the women collect in Section 9?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)