|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Seciton 4, what does July learn to do for himself?
(a) He learns to drive.
(b) He learns to sing.
(c) He learns to sew.
(d) He learns to cook.
2. What does July bring for Bam in Section 1?
(a) A car.
3. What does Maureen keep secret from Bam in Section 4?
(a) That she knows the vehicle is back.
(b) That she knows July is back.
(c) That she knows he can’t go back.
(d) That she knows he doesn’t believe things will improve.
4. What color is the Smalls' bakkie?
5. What does Bam promise Victor, if he stays home from hunting?
(a) The flank.
(b) The feet.
(c) The skin.
(d) The head.
6. What surprises July’s wife about Maureen upon first meeting her?
(a) She’s not kind.
(b) She’s not attractive.
(c) She’s not a good mother.
(d) She’s not rich.
7. What does July bring the Smalls at the beginning of the novel?
8. In Section 2, what did July’s children see that Bam has in the hut?
(a) A key to the car.
(b) A gun.
(c) A cat.
(d) A knife.
9. What does Maureen note in Section 3 that she doesn’t want to hear a spiel on?
(a) Whether or not she is a good mother.
(b) Whether or not their lives are in danger.
(c) Whether or not their old lives were a lie.
(d) Whether or not their politics are justified.
10. In Section 1, where are the children sleeping, once in the hut?
(b) The floor.
(d) Car seats.
11. How does Maureen get the keys from July in Section 4?
(a) She tells him Bam is angry.
(b) She tells him she wants to get the mats from the floor.
(c) She tells him she needs to go to town.
(d) She tells him she doesn’t trust him.
12. What does Maureen ask that puts July ill at ease in Section 5?
(a) About his relationship with Ellen.
(b) About his relationship with Royce.
(c) About his relationship with Martha.
(d) About his relationship with Bam.
13. In Section 3, what has Maureen noticed about items in the village?
(a) They are expensive.
(b) They are purchased by July.
(c) They are stolen by July from her home.
(d) They are handmade.
14. What does July bring into the hut in Section 4?
(b) A stove.
15. What did July bring back with him after taking the bakke without permission?
(a) Another vehicle.
(b) Food and supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Primus?
2. Who takes the bakke in Section 3?
3. What do Maureen and Bam fear their lives will become, as described in Section 1?
4. Why is Bam really angry with July in Section 4?
5. What does Maureen realize about herself when she bathes in Section 1?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)