|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, Pages 143-156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Section 8, who has joined the forces from Africa?
2. What did July bring back with him after taking the bakke without permission?
(c) Food and supplies.
(d) Another vehicle.
3. What does July refuse to do to get Maureen to leave in Section 10?
(a) Tell her where Daniel has gone.
(b) Tell her to leave.
(c) Give up his car.
(d) Give up his personal space.
4. Why does Maureen not enter July’s hut?
(a) She doesn’t like July.
(b) She doesn’t want to intrude.
(c) She thinks it would be improper.
(d) She doesn’t want to see her stolen belongings.
5. In Section 6, what does Victor note some Africans are, unlike July?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do July’s daughters seem amazed at regarding July's situation in the city?
2. Who warns Bam of an impending bank crisis?
3. What does Maureen run for at the end of the book?
4. Why does the old woman become angry with July in Section 2?
5. What is born within Maureen’s hut?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)