|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, Pages 143-156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He’s afraid it will be seen.
(b) He wants to use it for parts.
(c) He wants to steal it.
(d) He wants to sell it.
2. What has the government told the chief will happen with the Cubans and Russians?
(a) They will help support him.
(b) They will kill his family.
(c) They will take his land.
(d) They will hurt him.
3. What does Bam ask about Maureen’s actions with the small animals born in their hut?
(a) Why she did it.
(b) Why she didn’t shoot them.
(c) Why she didn’t give them away.
(d) Why she didn’t have one of the villagers do it.
4. What is July’s reaction to the medication his wife gave Maureen?
(a) He tells her to take it.
(b) He tells her not to use it.
(c) He tells her to sell it.
(d) He tells her to throw it away.
5. In Section 1, where are the children sleeping, once in the hut?
(b) Car seats.
(d) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bam not aware of when he shows the gun to the villagers?
2. What does Maureen not realize she is helping the women collect in Section 9?
3. Why do Bam and Maureen have difficulty discussing the circumstances in Section 9?
4. In Section 8, what does Victor want his dad to buy?
5. To whom is Maureen introduced in Section 2?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)