|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, Pages 143-156.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He wants to steal it.
(b) He wants to sell it.
(c) He wants to use it for parts.
(d) He’s afraid it will be seen.
2. In Section 1, where are the children sleeping, once in the hut?
(c) Car seats.
(d) The floor.
3. What does July think of his own chief?
(a) He thinks the cheif is brave.
(b) He thinks the chief is strong.
(c) He thinks the chief is dying.
(d) He thinks the chief is weak.
4. What did July bring back with him after taking the bakke without permission?
(b) Another vehicle.
(c) Food and supplies.
5. At the end of the book, what does Maureen hear that is different than usual sounds?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A riverboat.
(c) Laughter from the town women.
(d) A group of English people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Bam refuse to help the chief?
2. Who used to visit Maureen in the yard with July?
3. Why does Maureen question July in Section 7, when he talks of going back to the way things were?
4. What do both Maureen and Bam refuse from July at the beginning of the novel?
5. In Section 5, what does Maureen wonder about the town woman?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)