|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Pages 64-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since Maureen and Bam left Johannesburg?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
2. In Section 2, what did July’s children see that Bam has in the hut?
(a) A key to the car.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cat.
(d) A gun.
3. What surprises July’s wife about Maureen upon first meeting her?
(a) She’s not kind.
(b) She’s not attractive.
(c) She’s not a good mother.
(d) She’s not rich.
4. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He wants to sell it.
(b) He’s afraid it will be seen.
(c) He wants to use it for parts.
(d) He wants to steal it.
5. What has Maureen learned to make appropriately by Section 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did July’s wife give up for the Smalls?
2. What does Maureen realize about herself when she bathes in Section 1?
3. Why does the old woman become angry with July in Section 2?
4. What makes the children happy, as nothing can?
5. What is the real reason Bam and Maureen do not leave South Africa?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)