|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Pages 64-80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maureen realize the people in town will see about July?
(a) His new wealth.
(b) His possession of the bakke.
(c) His new clothes.
(d) His possession of money.
2. What does Bam mean when he notes that “women are cowards”?
(a) He means women choose to strike when they are at their strongest.
(b) He means women are weak.
(c) He means women are manipulative.
(d) He means women choose to strike when men are at their weakest.
3. What does Maureen become aware of in Section 2 that she is ignorant of in this village?
(a) Family traditions.
(b) The date.
(c) The year.
(d) The order of the day.
4. What does Royce continue to ask to do in Section 3?
(a) Eat meat.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go to movies.
5. What object does Bam not keep in his home?
(c) A revolver.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to visit Maureen in the yard with July?
2. What is Bam not aware of when he shows the gun to the villagers?
3. Where does the photograph of Maureen and Lydia end up later in Life?
4. What does July bring the Smalls at the beginning of the novel?
5. What 'medication' does Maureen get from Martha in Section 4?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)