|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Pages 50-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the photograph of Maureen and Lydia end up later in Life?
(a) In a Life book.
(b) In a story about white supremacists.
(c) In a magazine.
(d) In an ad against apartheid.
2. What do July’s daughters seem amazed at regarding July's situation in the city?
(a) July had a separate room to eat.
(b) July had a separate room to bathe.
(c) July had a separate room to sleep.
(d) July had a car.
3. What is Martha particularly concerned about regarding July's situation with the Smalls in Section 2?
(a) He will run away.
(b) He will no longer be paid.
(c) He will not be able to provide for the whites.
(d) He will not be happy.
4. What does July offer Maureen in terms of clothing?
(a) His wife and other women can make new clothing.
(b) He offers to mend them.
(c) His wife and other women can wash them.
(d) He offers to buy new ones.
5. What does Maureen become aware of in Section 2 that she is ignorant of in this village?
(a) The date.
(b) Family traditions.
(c) The year.
(d) The order of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises July’s wife about Maureen upon first meeting her?
2. What does Maureen realize the people in town will see about July?
3. What does July report in Section 4 about the towns?
4. In Section 3, what has Maureen noticed about items in the village?
5. What is a bakkie?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)