|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Pages 50-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bam know something has happened in Section 4?
(a) Maureen is rude.
(b) Maureen is distant.
(c) Maureen is fully dressed.
(d) Maureen is nearly naked.
2. How does Maureen know July is lying about what his family says upon their first meeting?
(a) They don’t say anything, although he translates.
(b) They say more than he appears to translate.
(c) They sound angry.
(d) He doesn’t speak their language.
3. What surprises July’s wife about Maureen upon first meeting her?
(a) She’s not attractive.
(b) She’s not rich.
(c) She’s not a good mother.
(d) She’s not kind.
4. What does Maureen believe about July as he addresses her and Bam in Section 4?
(a) That he is always speaking to Bam.
(b) That she is always who he is speaking to.
(c) That he sees them as inferior.
(d) That he sees them as equals.
5. What does July’s son realize in Section 2, that the others do not?
(a) They will eventually be caught.
(b) The whites are now powerless.
(c) They no longer have money.
(d) The whites are now alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were July’s children conceived?
2. What is Maureen afraid of, in terms of the children and the water?
3. What is a bakkie?
4. What object does Bam not keep in his home?
5. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)