|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Pages 50-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did July bring back with him after taking the bakke without permission?
(a) Another vehicle.
(d) Food and supplies.
2. What does Maureen realize about herself when she bathes in Section 1?
(a) She is overweight.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She has lost weight.
(d) She stinks.
3. What is surprising about the photo of Maureen and Lydia?
(a) They are both white.
(b) They are holding hands.
(c) They are both black.
(d) Their roles of servant and master are clear.
4. What is Maureen afraid of, in terms of the children and the water?
(b) It is too warm.
(d) It is too cold.
5. What does Bam mean when he notes that “women are cowards”?
(a) He means women are manipulative.
(b) He means women are weak.
(c) He means women choose to strike when they are at their strongest.
(d) He means women choose to strike when men are at their weakest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does July report in Section 4 about the towns?
2. What does July’s son realize in Section 2, that the others do not?
3. How does Maureen get the keys from July in Section 4?
4. How does Maureen know July is lying about what his family says upon their first meeting?
5. What is Bam’s profession?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)