|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Pages 50-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maureen afraid of, in terms of the children and the water?
(a) It is too cold.
(c) It is too warm.
2. What do July’s daughters seem amazed at regarding July's situation in the city?
(a) July had a separate room to sleep.
(b) July had a car.
(c) July had a separate room to eat.
(d) July had a separate room to bathe.
3. What is Martha particularly concerned about regarding July's situation with the Smalls in Section 2?
(a) He will no longer be paid.
(b) He will not be happy.
(c) He will run away.
(d) He will not be able to provide for the whites.
4. What is surprising about the photo of Maureen and Lydia?
(a) They are both white.
(b) Their roles of servant and master are clear.
(c) They are holding hands.
(d) They are both black.
5. What does Maureen realize about herself when she bathes in Section 1?
(a) She has lost weight.
(b) She stinks.
(c) She is overweight.
(d) She is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maureen’s father do for a living?
2. What is the real reason Bam and Maureen do not leave South Africa?
3. What does July bring into the hut in Section 4?
4. How much time has passed since Maureen and Bam left Johannesburg?
5. What does Maureen realize the people in town will see about July?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)