|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Pages 50-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maureen believe about July as he addresses her and Bam in Section 4?
(a) That he is always speaking to Bam.
(b) That she is always who he is speaking to.
(c) That he sees them as inferior.
(d) That he sees them as equals.
2. Why can’t the Smalls fly overseas?
(a) Rebels are shooting down the planes.
(b) The planes are broken.
(c) The don’t have money.
(d) They can’t reach the airport.
3. To whom is Maureen introduced in Section 2?
(a) July's brother.
(b) July’s wife and mother.
(c) July's father.
(d) July’s children.
4. What object does Bam not keep in his home?
(a) A revolver.
(d) A knife.
5. What does July’s wife experience for the first time when she meets Maureen?
(a) She’s never heard English.
(b) The meeting of a white woman.
(c) She’s never seen a white.
(d) The touching of white skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the Smalls' bakkie?
2. In Section 2, what did July’s children see that Bam has in the hut?
3. What did July’s wife give up for the Smalls?
4. What do Maureen and Bam fear their lives will become, as described in Section 1?
5. How does Maureen know July is lying about what his family says upon their first meeting?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)