|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Pages 24-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Maureen introduced in Section 2?
(a) July's brother.
(b) July's father.
(c) July’s children.
(d) July’s wife and mother.
2. Who takes the bakke in Section 3?
(a) Maureen and Bam.
(b) Bam and July.
(c) July and another man.
(d) Royce and July.
3. What does July’s son realize in Section 2, that the others do not?
(a) The whites are now powerless.
(b) The whites are now alone.
(c) They will eventually be caught.
(d) They no longer have money.
4. Where does the photograph of Maureen and Lydia end up later in Life?
(a) In a magazine.
(b) In a story about white supremacists.
(c) In an ad against apartheid.
(d) In a Life book.
5. What does Royce continue to ask to do in Section 3?
(a) Eat meat.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go to movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maureen afraid of, in terms of the children and the water?
2. How much time has passed since Maureen and Bam left Johannesburg?
3. Who helps the Smalls escape their home at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why can’t the Smalls fly overseas?
5. What did July’s wife give up for the Smalls?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)