|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Pages 24-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bam do for leisure in Section 3?
(a) He plays sports with the villagers.
(b) He spends time with his family.
(c) He drinks beer with the villagers.
(d) He sings with the villagers.
2. Why can’t the Smalls fly overseas?
(a) The planes are broken.
(b) Rebels are shooting down the planes.
(c) They can’t reach the airport.
(d) The don’t have money.
3. What is Martha particularly concerned about regarding July's situation with the Smalls in Section 2?
(a) He will not be able to provide for the whites.
(b) He will no longer be paid.
(c) He will run away.
(d) He will not be happy.
4. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He wants to steal it.
(b) He’s afraid it will be seen.
(c) He wants to sell it.
(d) He wants to use it for parts.
5. What does Maureen see when she steps out for a rain shower in Section 3?
(a) The night is lit up with bombs.
(b) The vehicle is returned.
(c) There are armies coming.
(d) The village is quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Maureen introduced in Section 2?
2. Who helps the Smalls escape their home at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Bam’s profession?
4. What did July’s mother give up for the Smalls?
5. What do July’s daughters seem amazed at regarding July's situation in the city?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)