|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Pages 15-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t the Smalls fly overseas?
(a) They can’t reach the airport.
(b) The don’t have money.
(c) Rebels are shooting down the planes.
(d) The planes are broken.
2. What did July’s mother give up for the Smalls?
(a) Her stove.
(b) Her bed.
(c) Her hut.
(d) Her car.
3. In Section 1, where are the children sleeping, once in the hut?
(a) The floor.
(d) Car seats.
4. What do July’s daughters seem amazed at regarding July's situation in the city?
(a) July had a separate room to eat.
(b) July had a separate room to sleep.
(c) July had a separate room to bathe.
(d) July had a car.
5. What is understood by July's girlfriend in the city to be July’s responsibilities?
(a) His employer.
(b) His children in various places.
(c) His children in town.
(d) His children at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a bakkie?
2. What do Maureen and Bam fear their lives will become, as described in Section 1?
3. Why does July’s family have difficulty understanding why the Smalls wouldn't just fly overseas?
4. What is Bam’s profession?
5. To whom is Maureen introduced in Section 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)