|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, Pages 122-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He wants to steal it.
(b) He wants to use it for parts.
(c) He wants to sell it.
(d) He’s afraid it will be seen.
2. In Section 5, what does Maureen wonder about the town woman?
(a) Whether she has children.
(b) Whether she loves July.
(c) Whether July loves her.
(d) Whether she is married.
3. What do Maureen and Bam fear their lives will become, as described in Section 1?
(a) Meaningless in their support of black power.
(b) Meaningless in their support of black rights.
(c) Meaningless in their support of white rights.
(d) Meaningless in their support of white power.
4. Why does Maureen want to keep the small warthog?
(a) Out of respect for the village.
(b) It is easier to cook.
(c) It will be tender.
(d) Out of respect for July.
5. What does Gina do in Section 6 to bring about admonishment from Maureen?
(a) Hold hands with Nyiko.
(b) Feed the kittens.
(c) Pull the kittens from their mother.
(d) Yell at the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bam and Maureen have difficulty discussing the circumstances in Section 9?
2. In Section 3, what has Maureen noticed about items in the village?
3. Who is July’s favorite child?
4. Why does July’s family have difficulty understanding why the Smalls wouldn't just fly overseas?
5. What have the boys learned to do instead of us toilet paper?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)