|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9, Pages 122-142.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Primus?
(a) A stove.
(b) A generator.
(c) A type of well.
(d) A refrigerator.
2. What is a gumbagumba?
(a) An animal.
(b) A type of gun.
(c) A type of car.
(d) Travelling entertainment.
3. What does the man accuse the children of in Section 6?
(a) Stealing the water.
(b) Stealing the flea collars.
(c) Stealing a bag.
(d) Stealing the food.
4. In Section 5, what does Maureen wonder about the town woman?
(a) Whether July loves her.
(b) Whether she is married.
(c) Whether she loves July.
(d) Whether she has children.
5. What does Bam do for leisure in Section 3?
(a) He spends time with his family.
(b) He plays sports with the villagers.
(c) He drinks beer with the villagers.
(d) He sings with the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
2. What does Bam mean when he notes that “women are cowards”?
3. What does Martha reveal Daniel has been telling her?
4. What does Maureen ask that puts July ill at ease in Section 5?
5. What does the chief want Bam to do to help him?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)