|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Pages 24-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bam and Maureen continue to listen to the radio?
(a) They miss music.
(b) They want to hear their own language.
(c) They want to hear news of the uprisings.
(d) They want to hear the rebels’ political stance.
2. Why does Maureen avoid reading the only book she has?
(a) She can’t read it because it is in Italian.
(b) She doesn’t want to know the ending.
(c) She hates reading.
(d) She knows that when she reads it, there are no others.
3. What makes the children happy, as nothing can?
(b) Buying things.
4. What does Royce continue to ask to do in Section 3?
(a) Eat meat.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Go to movies.
(d) Go home.
5. When were July’s children conceived?
(a) On his leave.
(b) During holidays.
(c) When his wife was in town.
(d) It is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did July’s mother give up for the Smalls?
2. What is Martha particularly concerned about regarding July's situation with the Smalls in Section 2?
3. What does Bam mean when he notes that “women are cowards”?
4. What does July offer Maureen in terms of clothing?
5. What does Maureen note in Section 3 that she doesn’t want to hear a spiel on?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)