|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Pages 24-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t the Smalls fly overseas?
(a) Rebels are shooting down the planes.
(b) They can’t reach the airport.
(c) The planes are broken.
(d) The don’t have money.
2. What is surprising about the photo of Maureen and Lydia?
(a) They are both white.
(b) Their roles of servant and master are clear.
(c) They are both black.
(d) They are holding hands.
3. Why does July make Bam move the car in Section 1?
(a) He wants to sell it.
(b) He’s afraid it will be seen.
(c) He wants to steal it.
(d) He wants to use it for parts.
4. What is the real reason Bam and Maureen do not leave South Africa?
(a) They do not want to move the children.
(b) They cannot get their money out.
(c) They do not want to leave family.
(d) They have nowhere to go.
5. Where does the photograph of Maureen and Lydia end up later in Life?
(a) In a Life book.
(b) In an ad against apartheid.
(c) In a magazine.
(d) In a story about white supremacists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha particularly concerned about regarding July's situation with the Smalls in Section 2?
2. What color is the Smalls' bakkie?
3. What does Maureen see when she steps out for a rain shower in Section 3?
4. What does Royce continue to ask to do in Section 3?
5. What did July’s wife give up for the Smalls?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)