|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
4. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
5. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
2. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
5. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
6. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
7. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
8. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
9. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
10. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Roman view of women differ from the view of women in our society, and how does this perspective of femininity influence the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)