|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
3. Why does Cassius kill himself?
4. What is Cinna's profession?
5. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
2. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
4. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
5. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
6. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
7. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
8. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
9. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
10. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
Essay Topic 3
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)