|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
3. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
4. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
5. What is Cinna's profession?
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Gender role differences are instrumental in this play. Identify instances where these gender roles are defined and discuss whether or not these roles influence the course of the play. Be sure to cite specific examples from the play to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)