|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
4. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
5. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
2. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
3. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
6. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
7. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
10. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
Essay Topic 2
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 3
What do Cassius and Brutus bicker about throughout the whole play? How does this influence the story's plot?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)