|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
2. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
4. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
5. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
2. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
4. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
5. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
6. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
7. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
8. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
9. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
10. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio uses many different lies to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these lies, and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)