|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
2. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
3. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
5. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
4. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
5. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
6. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
7. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
9. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
10. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Cassius and Brutus bicker about throughout the whole play? How does this influence the story's plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
Essay Topic 3
How does Brutus validate his involvement in Caesar's assassination, and what does this imply about Brutus' character?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)