|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
2. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
3. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
4. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
2. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
3. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
4. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
5. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
6. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
7. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
10. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
There are many superstitious beliefs highlighted in this play. What are some of these superstitions, and how did they alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)