|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
2. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
3. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
4. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
2. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
3. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
4. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
6. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
7. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
8. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
9. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
10. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)