|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
2. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
3. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
4. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
5. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
2. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
3. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
5. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
6. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
7. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
8. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
9. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
10. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassio uses many different lies to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these lies, and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)