|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
2. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
3. How did Portia die?
4. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
5. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
2. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
3. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
6. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
8. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
9. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
10. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Brutus validate his involvement in Caesar's assassination, and what does this imply about Brutus' character?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)