|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
2. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
3. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
4. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
5. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
6. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
7. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
8. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
9. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the play and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brutus validate his involvement in Caesar's assassination, and what does this imply about Brutus' character?
Essay Topic 3
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)