|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
2. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
5. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
3. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
4. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
5. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
6. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
7. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
8. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
9. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
10. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this plot showed their dual natures. What are some of the instances of this duality of man, and how does it affect the people associated with it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brutus validate his involvement in Caesar's assassination, and what does this imply about Brutus' character?
Essay Topic 3
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)