|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
2. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
3. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
4. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
5. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
2. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
3. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
4. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
5. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
6. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
7. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
8. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
9. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
10. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)