|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
2. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
3. Why does Cassius kill himself?
4. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
5. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
5. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
6. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
7. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
8. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
9. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in this plot showed their dual natures. What are some of the instances of this duality of man, and how does it affect the people associated with it?
Essay Topic 3
Gender role differences are instrumental in this play. Identify instances where these gender roles are defined and discuss whether or not these roles influence the course of the play. Be sure to cite specific examples from the play to support your ideas.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)