|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
4. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
2. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
3. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
4. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
6. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
7. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
10. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Gender role differences are instrumental in this play. Identify instances where these gender roles are defined and discuss whether or not these roles influence the course of the play. Be sure to cite specific examples from the play to support your ideas.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)