|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
3. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
5. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
3. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
4. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
5. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
6. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
7. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
8. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
9. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
10. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)