|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
2. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
3. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
5. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
2. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
3. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
4. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
5. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
6. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
7. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
8. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
9. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
10. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)