|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
2. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
3. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
4. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
3. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
4. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
6. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
7. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
8. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
9. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
10. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brutus validate his involvement in Caesar's assassination, and what does this imply about Brutus' character?
Essay Topic 3
Octavius was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Octavius had not been in the play at all?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)