|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
2. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
4. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
2. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
4. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
5. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
6. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
7. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
10. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Roman view of women differ from the view of women in our society, and how does this perspective of femininity influence the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Cassio uses many different lies to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these lies, and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)