|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
4. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
5. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
4. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
5. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
6. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
7. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
8. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
9. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
10. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Roman view of women differ from the view of women in our society, and how does this perspective of femininity influence the characters in the play?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)