|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
2. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
3. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
4. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
3. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
6. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
7. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
8. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
9. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
10. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Power was a major theme of this play. Where did this theme manifest itself, and what characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)