|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
2. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
2. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
3. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
4. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
5. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
7. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
9. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
10. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
Essay Topic 2
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the play and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)