|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flavius think the civil unrest will do to Rome?
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Caesar call the soothsayer in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
2. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
4. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
6. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
7. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
8. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
9. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)