Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
4. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
5. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
2. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
3. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
4. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
6. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
7. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
10. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Power was a major theme of this play. Where did this theme manifest itself, and what characters were most affected by it?
Caesar was killed because of his lack of concern for the many warnings he received. What were these warnings, and why was Caesar so deaf to them?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)