|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
2. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
4. What will happen to Brutus if his plan regarding the assassination fails?
5. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
2. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
3. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
4. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
6. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
7. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
8. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
9. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
10. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)