|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
4. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
5. How many hills are in Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
3. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
4. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
5. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
6. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
7. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
8. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
9. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)