|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
4. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
3. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
5. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
6. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
7. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
8. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
9. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
10. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Octavius was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Octavius had not been in the play at all?
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)