|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
2. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
5. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
2. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
3. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
4. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
5. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
6. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
7. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
8. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
9. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
10. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Cassius and Brutus bicker about throughout the whole play? How does this influence the story's plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)