|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
2. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
3. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
5. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
2. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
4. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
5. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
6. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
8. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
9. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
10. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in this plot showed their dual natures. What are some of the instances of this duality of man, and how does it affect the people associated with it?
Essay Topic 2
Honor is a very important theme in this play. How did this thirst for honor influence the actions of the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Justice and mercy are two themes prevalent throughout this play. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)