|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
2. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
5. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
2. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
3. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
5. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
6. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
7. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
9. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
10. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power was a major theme of this play. Where did this theme manifest itself, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
There are many superstitious beliefs highlighted in this play. What are some of these superstitions, and how did they alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)