|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
5. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar have done first thing on the morning of his assassination day?
2. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
3. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
4. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
5. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
6. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
7. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
8. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
9. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
10. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)