|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
2. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
3. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
4. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
5. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
2. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
3. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
4. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
5. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
6. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
8. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
9. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
10. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)