|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What day is Caesar assassinated?
3. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
4. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
2. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
3. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
6. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
7. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
8. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
9. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
10. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Power was a major theme of this play. Where did this theme manifest itself, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the play. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the play, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)