|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
2. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
4. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
5. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
2. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
3. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
4. What does Caesar have done first thing on the morning of his assassination day?
5. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
6. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
7. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
8. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
10. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy was a constant companion of certain characters in this play. Who were the characters plagued with jealousy, and how did this affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)