|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
3. What does Marullus tell the people in the streets to do at the beginning of the play?
4. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
5. What does Portia do in Act 2, Scene 4, on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
2. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
3. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
4. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
5. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
6. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
8. What does Caesar have done first thing on the morning of his assassination day?
9. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
10. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by various characters. Describe instances in which fear is shown by the characters in the play and discuss the ways in which it affected the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this plot showed their dual natures. What are some of the instances of this duality of man, and how does it affect the people associated with it?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)