|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
5. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
3. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
5. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
6. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
7. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
8. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
9. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
10. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marc Antony endures a crisis before the end of the play. What lessons does Marc Antony learn through these experiences and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this plot showed their dual natures. What are some of the instances of this duality of man, and how does it affect the people associated with it?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)