|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
2. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
4. According to Cicero, what is to blame for all of the recent strange happenings in Rome?
5. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
2. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
3. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
4. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
5. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
7. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
8. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
9. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
10. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power was a major theme of this play. Where did this theme manifest itself, and what characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the play and how this affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)