|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius want Brutus to take part in his plan?
2. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
4. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
2. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
3. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
6. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
7. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
8. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
9. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
10. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this play, and how does their leadership influence the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
There are many superstitious beliefs highlighted in this play. What are some of these superstitions, and how did they alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this play? Why? How did this character change as the events in the play unfold?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)