|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(a) His wife.
(c) His standard.
(d) His horse.
2. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A servant.
(b) A poet.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A soldier.
3. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's money pouch.
(b) Caesar's Will.
(c) Caesar's sword.
(d) Caesar's property listings.
4. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(b) Begging forgiveness.
(c) Fleeing Rome.
(d) Forming an army.
5. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(a) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
2. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. What is Cinna's profession?
4. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
2. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
3. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
4. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
5. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
6. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
8. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
9. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
10. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)