|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
(a) On Cassius's grave.
(b) A rock.
(c) His tent.
(d) The ground.
2. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
(b) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
(c) Cassius was polite, but cold.
(d) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
3. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
(c) Marc Antony.
4. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cannot recognize him.
(c) He knows Lucilius is not Brutus.
(d) He knows the real Brutus would never allow himself to be taken captive.
5. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(b) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(c) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(d) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
2. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
5. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
2. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
3. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
4. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
5. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
6. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
7. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
8. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
9. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)