|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
2. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(b) Slaps Cassius back.
(c) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(d) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
3. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
4. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The sight of Caesar's body.
(b) Brutus' speech.
(c) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(d) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
5. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
4. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
5. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
2. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
3. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
4. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
6. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
7. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
8. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
9. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
10. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)