|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
(b) Tell falsehoods.
(c) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
(d) Grows weary of the truth and right.
2. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) He cannot recognize him.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He knows Lucilius is not Brutus.
(d) He knows the real Brutus would never allow himself to be taken captive.
3. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's Will.
(b) Caesar's property listings.
(c) Caesar's money pouch.
(d) Caesar's sword.
4. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(b) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(c) Breaks down in tears.
(d) Spits on Brutus.
5. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(b) Try to listen.
(c) Get ready for the night watch.
(d) Create a distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
4. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
5. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
2. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
3. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
4. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
5. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
6. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
7. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
10. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)