|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) It is customary.
(b) They want their men to think they want peace.
(c) They have hope for peace.
(d) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
2. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's Will.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) Caesar's property listings.
(d) Caesar's money pouch.
3. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be buried with respect.
(b) It is to be cast into the sea.
(c) It is to be left on the battlefield.
(d) It is to be cremated.
4. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) A golden haze in the clouds.
(b) Caesar's ghost.
(c) The end of the battle.
(d) His wife's image.
5. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Breaks down in tears.
(b) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(c) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(d) Spits on Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
2. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
4. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
4. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
5. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
6. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
7. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
8. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
9. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
10. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)