|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He dislikes him.
(b) He trusts him completely.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
2. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Kites flying overhead.
(b) Snakes in the water.
(c) Ravens flying.
(d) Crows in formation.
3. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Search him for weapons.
(b) Ask him who he is.
(c) Begin beating him.
(d) Walk with him.
4. What is Cinna's profession?
5. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A liar.
(c) A coward.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
3. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
5. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
2. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
3. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
4. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
5. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
6. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
7. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
8. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
9. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
10. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)