|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's property listings.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) Caesar's Will.
(d) Caesar's money pouch.
2. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was like a brother.
(b) He got what he deserved.
(c) He was the cruelest of traitors.
(d) He was the noblest Roman.
3. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
4. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Forming an army.
(b) Fleeing Rome.
(c) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(d) Begging forgiveness.
5. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
(a) Begins creating an army.
(b) Convinces Cassius to make an attack on Rome.
(c) Writes to Marc Antony to try and win him over.
(d) Devises his plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
4. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
5. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
2. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
3. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
4. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
6. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
7. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
8. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
9. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
10. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)