|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
(b) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(c) He knows his honor is lost.
(d) He thinks Titinius is dead.
2. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
(a) To be tortured for information.
(b) To be held captive.
(c) To be killed.
(d) To be treated kindly.
3. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Question his loyalty.
(b) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(c) Quarrel in front of the men.
(d) Lose hope.
4. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is in the way.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(d) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
5. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(b) He loves honor more than his life.
(c) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
(d) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
2. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
3. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
4. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. What does Lucius tell the men who captured him?
4. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
5. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
6. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
7. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
9. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
10. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)