|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) 75 coins.
(b) A share of his storehouses.
(c) An acre of land.
(d) Blessings of safety and protection.
2. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(b) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(c) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(d) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
3. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(b) He is in the way.
(c) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(d) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
4. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(b) He cursed them.
(c) He is there with him now.
(d) He is mighty in death.
5. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His fenced fighting ring.
(b) His country land.
(c) His gardens.
(d) His main house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
2. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
4. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
2. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
4. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
5. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
6. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
7. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
9. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
10. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)