|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(b) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(c) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(d) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
2. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
3. How did Portia die?
(a) She jumped off the Senate House.
(b) She swallowed fire.
(c) She drank poison.
(d) She stabbed herself.
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Sound the horns of victory loud and clear.
(b) Find out if Brutus is alive.
(c) Deliver a letter to Octavius.
(d) Take an account of the progress of battle.
5. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) Blessings of safety and protection.
(b) An acre of land.
(c) 75 coins.
(d) A share of his storehouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
2. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
3. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
4. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
5. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
2. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
4. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
5. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
6. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
7. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
8. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
9. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
10. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)