|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(b) Create a distance.
(c) Try to listen.
(d) Get ready for the night watch.
2. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was like a brother.
(b) He got what he deserved.
(c) He was the noblest Roman.
(d) He was the cruelest of traitors.
3. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
4. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Crows in formation.
(b) Snakes in the water.
(c) Ravens flying.
(d) Kites flying overhead.
5. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They want their men to think they want peace.
(b) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(c) It is customary.
(d) They have hope for peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
2. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
3. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
4. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
5. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
2. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
3. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
4. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
5. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
6. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
7. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
8. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
9. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
10. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)