|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The property inheritances.
(b) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
(c) The placement of his title.
(d) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
2. How did Portia die?
(a) She stabbed herself.
(b) She jumped off the Senate House.
(c) She swallowed fire.
(d) She drank poison.
3. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
(b) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
(c) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
(d) Cassius was polite, but cold.
4. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) The end of the battle.
(b) Caesar's ghost.
(c) His wife's image.
(d) A golden haze in the clouds.
5. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(c) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
3. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
4. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
2. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
3. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
4. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
5. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
6. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
7. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
8. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
9. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
10. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)