|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(b) Slaps Cassius back.
(c) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(d) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
2. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(b) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(c) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(d) He is in the way.
3. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(b) No harm.
4. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He is jealous of him.
(b) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He trusts him completely.
5. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
2. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
2. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
3. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
5. What does Brutus see when he is unable to sleep the night before the battle at Phillipi?
6. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
7. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
8. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
9. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
10. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)