|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) The end of the battle.
(b) A golden haze in the clouds.
(c) His wife's image.
(d) Caesar's ghost.
2. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
3. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Begging forgiveness.
(b) Forming an army.
(c) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(d) Fleeing Rome.
4. What is Cinna's profession?
5. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be cremated.
(b) It is to be left on the battlefield.
(c) It is to be buried with respect.
(d) It is to be cast into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
2. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
3. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
2. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
3. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
4. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
5. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
6. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
7. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
8. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
9. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
10. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)