|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Cassius does this in front of his men.
(b) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(c) Cassius seems to be drunk.
(d) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
2. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(b) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
(c) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(d) He knows his honor is lost.
3. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
4. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(b) Marc Antony.
5. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
2. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
3. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
4. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
5. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
2. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
3. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
4. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Marc Antony say about Brutus when he sees his dead body?
6. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
7. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
8. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
9. What does Brutus ask Strato to do when Brutus sees that he cannot win the battle?
10. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)