|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a fickle spirit.
(b) Having a weak constitution.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
2. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Attack Octavius's wing.
(b) Send reinforcements.
(c) Double arm themselves against the archers.
(d) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
3. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Begging forgiveness.
(b) Fleeing Rome.
(c) Forming an army.
(d) Praying to the Gods for victory.
4. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) He is in the way.
(d) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
5. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(d) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
2. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
3. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
4. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
2. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
3. What is the first thing Marc Antony and Octavius do when they meet together after Caesar's assassination?
4. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
5. In Act 5, Scene 3, what mistake does Brutus make in the battle?
6. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
7. In Act 4, Scene 4, why does Brutus say he was so easily angered by Cassius?
8. In Act 4, Scene 2, what does Lucius tell Brutus about his meeting with Cassius?
9. Who does Brutus send to get the inactive legions into motion?
10. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)