|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(b) Dead emerging from their graves.
(c) A naked warrior.
(d) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
2. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
3. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He faints.
(b) He abdicates the throne.
(c) He has an epileptic fit.
(d) He is crowned king.
4. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(b) A soothsayer.
5. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(d) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Brutus refuse to do when he joins the conspiracy?
2. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
3. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
4. What is Lucius's occupation?
5. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
2. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
3. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
4. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
5. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
6. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
8. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
9. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
10. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)