|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
(a) Bid her farewell.
(b) Speak kind words to her.
(c) Strike her with a goatskin thong.
(d) Smile kindly upon her.
2. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
3. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
4. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
(a) Caesar will shed much blood before the day is out.
(b) The Senate will not lead well.
(c) Rome will fall.
(d) Caesar will die.
5. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) A feeling of gloom.
(b) It is oddly bright.
(c) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(d) The stormy weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
5. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Octavius do when Marc Antony gives him orders for the upcoming battle?
2. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
3. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
4. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
5. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
6. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
7. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
8. What does Marc Antony tell Octavius he will most likely do with Lepidus once their countries are in good order?
9. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)