|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
2. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
(b) Sick men will be made whole.
(c) Peace will reign in Rome.
(d) He will die a martyr.
3. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His hungry look.
(b) His angry demeanor.
(c) His lack of eye contact.
(d) His quiet, contemplative look.
4. Who is Caesar's closest friend?
(c) Marc Antony.
5. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Calpurnia's dream.
(b) The priests' omens.
(c) Brutus' warning.
(d) Artemidrous' letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caesar want Antony to greet Calpurnia in a certain manner in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
3. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
4. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
3. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
4. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
6. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
7. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
8. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
9. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
10. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)