|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
(a) Prepare his body for burial.
(b) Be alone with his friend for a moment.
(c) Deliver his eulogy.
(d) Tell his wife.
2. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A knife.
(b) An edict from Caesar.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) A threat.
3. Who is waiting for Caesar when he leaves his house the day of his assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
4. Why does Cassius think Antony should be killed as well?
(a) He will kill them all out of vengeance.
(b) It will prove the serious nature of their plot.
(c) He is a powerful friend of Caesar's.
(d) He is a foolish man who does not deserve power.
5. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His victory over Pompey.
(b) The feast of Lupercal.
(c) His throngs of loyal followers.
(d) His conquest in Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
2. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
3. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
4. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
5. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
3. What does Caesar have done first thing on the morning of his assassination day?
4. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
5. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
6. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
7. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
9. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
10. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)