|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
2. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 8:00 a.m.
3. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The battle brewing in Rome.
(b) The storm that rages about them.
(c) A curse.
(d) The lions in the forest.
4. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(c) Early Morning.
5. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) War with Pompey.
(b) A building excavation of Rome.
(c) Treaty talks with Greece.
(d) A trip to Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
2. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
3. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
5. What was Calpurnia's dream about Caesar the night before his assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mob react so forcefully when they hear Cinna's name?
2. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
3. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
4. Where is Cinna the poet heading when we first meet him in this play?
5. What does Titinius do when he sees the dead body of Cassius?
6. What do Brutus and Cassius do just before the battle begins in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
8. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
9. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
10. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)