|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His hungry look.
(b) His lack of eye contact.
(c) His angry demeanor.
(d) His quiet, contemplative look.
2. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) He loves Decius.
(b) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(c) Decius pesters him with questions.
(d) Decius calls him a coward.
3. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) Her husband will escape the mob unharmed.
(b) Brutus will succeed.
(c) Peace will prevail.
(d) Caesar will be crowned.
4. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
(a) He wishes Cassius well in his endeavor.
(b) He greets him kindly and pretends to not know the plot ahead.
(c) He urges him to reconsider.
(d) He regrets not taking part in the impending plot.
5. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Praising Caesar.
(b) Remembering Caesar.
(c) Burying Caesar.
(d) Mourning Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
2. What does Caesar tell Antony to do to his wife as he passes her in the street during his race at the celebration?
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
5. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
2. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
4. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
5. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
6. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
7. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
8. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
10. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)