|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) The senate house.
(b) The house of Cassius.
(c) A public square.
(d) Pompey's amphitheatre.
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "His service in death is great indeed!"
(b) "It is done, and we are free."
(c) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
(d) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
3. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(b) Marc Antony.
4. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house say about virtue?
(a) The last shreds of virute in Rome will be destroyed that day.
(b) Caesar is the last man alive who has it.
(c) It is a dead form.
(d) There will always be envious people trying to destroy it.
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The battle brewing in Rome.
(b) The lions in the forest.
(c) A curse.
(d) The storm that rages about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
2. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
3. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
4. Why is Cassius so surprised by what Popilus says to him as they enter the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
5. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
2. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
3. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
4. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
5. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
6. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
7. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
8. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
10. What has Caesar done to every legitimate warning he has heard about his impending death?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)