|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) On a stack of wood.
(b) In the street.
(c) At the gate.
(d) In the public town square.
2. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
3. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(b) A soothsayer.
4. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Believing in superstitions.
(b) Heeding the words of a woman.
(c) Fearing death.
(d) Not attending the senate.
5. What is Lucius's occupation?
(a) A soldier.
(b) Brutus' servant.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
3. At the end of Act 1, what does Cassius think the recent strange happenings are a result of?
4. Who is the second person to speak to the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
5. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
2. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
3. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
4. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
6. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
8. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
9. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
10. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)