|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
2. Who enters Act 2, Scene 4 just as Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(c) A soothsayer.
3. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The answers were mixed.
(d) They chant Caesar's name.
4. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Remembering Caesar.
(b) Mourning Caesar.
(c) Praising Caesar.
(d) Burying Caesar.
5. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
(b) Early morning.
(c) After the chiming of the evening bells.
(d) After midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
2. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
4. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
5. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
2. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
3. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
4. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
7. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
8. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
9. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
10. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)