|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) What will become of Caesar?
(b) What will happen to Brutus?
(c) What will happen to Rome?
(d) How long will Caesar live?
2. What does Caesar first notice when he wakes up on the day of his assassination?
(a) He sees an owl in the daylight.
(b) It is oddly bright.
(c) A feeling of gloom.
(d) The stormy weather.
3. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius pesters him with questions.
(b) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(c) He loves Decius.
(d) Decius calls him a coward.
4. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
(a) Sick men will be made whole.
(b) Peace will reign in Rome.
(c) He will die a martyr.
(d) Rome will rejuvinate and conquer.
5. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(a) A soothsayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
4. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
5. Why does Lucius go to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
2. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
3. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
4. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
5. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
6. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
8. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
9. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
10. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)