|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Banish Caesar.
(b) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(c) Crown Caesar.
(d) Kill Caesar.
2. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
3. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
(a) He is a wise man and will not act rashly.
(b) He is popular with the people.
(c) He is a diplomat and will calm hurt feelings.
(d) He is friends with Caesar.
4. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) In the street.
(b) On a stack of wood.
(c) At the gate.
(d) In the public town square.
5. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) Dead emerging from their graves.
(b) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(c) A naked warrior.
(d) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
4. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
5. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
2. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
3. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
4. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
5. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
6. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
7. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
8. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
9. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)