|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(c) The Senate.
2. What does the man waiting for Caesar to leave his house give him on the day of his assassination?
(a) A tribute.
(b) A picture.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A letter.
3. How many hills are in Rome?
4. What does Marc Antony say he is doing when he first addresses the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Mourning Caesar.
(b) Burying Caesar.
(c) Remembering Caesar.
(d) Praising Caesar.
5. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Banish Caesar.
(b) Kill Caesar.
(c) Crown Caesar.
(d) Pay tribute to Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus personally promise Rome while alone in his backyard?
2. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
3. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
4. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
5. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
2. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
3. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
4. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
5. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
6. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
7. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
8. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
9. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
10. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)