|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the priests find in the sacrificed animal that make them tell Caesar to stay at home?
(a) An omen of death in the intestines.
(b) No heart in the sacrificed animal.
(c) Crossed eyes in the animal indicating a devious plot.
(d) An unhealthy liver as a sign of impending sickness.
2. What do the conspirators shout when Caesar is dead?
(a) "His service in death is great indeed!"
(b) "It is done, and we are free."
(c) "Thus will it be to all tyrants!"
(d) "Liberty! Freedom! Tyranny is dead!"
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's sword.
(b) Caesar's crown.
(c) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(d) Caesar's body.
4. Why is Portia so worried for her husband on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) She has seen bad omens in the streets.
(b) She knows what he is about to do.
(c) She is nervous because of what the soothsayer told her.
(d) She had a dream.
5. Why does Brutus say he does not want to kill Antony?
(a) Antony is too well-liked by the people to be murdered.
(b) Antony's power comes purely from his friendship with Caesar.
(c) Antony will understand.
(d) Antony is a friend of the Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
3. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
4. Which one of these does Cassius NOT call Caesar behind his back?
5. What are Caesar's last words before dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
2. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
3. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
5. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
6. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
7. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
8. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
9. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)