|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cicero talk to Casca when they first appear in the play?
(a) In an open field.
(b) In the Senate house.
(c) On the street.
(d) At his house.
2. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
(a) Misguided fools.
(c) Servants and friends of Rome.
(d) Honorable men.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(d) The Senate.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
(b) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(c) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(d) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
5. Why does Caesar choose to put off reading his letter from Artemidorus?
(a) He does not pay attention to personal matters before matters of the republic.
(b) He thinks Artemidorus is crazy.
(c) He wants to read it later in private.
(d) He does not want the other Senate leaders to think he is superstitious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casca feel that Brutus needs to be part of their conspiracy?
2. What do the conspirators do after Caesar is dead before leaving the Senate House to explain this deed to the people?
3. What does Popilus say to Cassius as he enters the Senate House just before Caesar's assassination?
4. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. How did Cassius once save Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
2. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
4. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
5. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
6. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
7. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
8. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
9. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
10. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)