|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
(b) They chant Caesar's name.
(c) The answers were mixed.
2. What does Decius say that immediately changes Caesar's decision about staying home the day of his assassination?
(a) The people are chanting his name in the streets.
(b) Marc Antony will be at the Senate House to protect him.
(c) The Senate has a special gift for Caesar that day.
(d) The Senate will crown him king.
3. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
(a) Decius seems concerned, and Caesar wants to calm his fears.
(b) Decius calls him a coward.
(c) Decius pesters him with questions.
(d) He loves Decius.
4. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Thanks them for their friendship.
(b) Offers them some dinner.
(c) Prays with them.
(d) Invites them in for wine.
5. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) At the gate.
(b) In the street.
(c) On a stack of wood.
(d) In the public town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antony refer to the conspirators while he is giving his eulogy on Caesar to the crowd?
2. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
4. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
5. What does Marc Antony ask the conspirators to let him do when he sees Caesar's dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
2. What does Caesar have done first thing on the morning of his assassination day?
3. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
4. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
5. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
6. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
8. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
9. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
10. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)