|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do when the conspirators all come to escort him to the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Thanks them for their friendship.
(c) Invites them in for wine.
(d) Offers them some dinner.
2. What is the last thing Brutus asks the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) "Can you follow me?"
(b) "Am I understood?"
(c) "Do you believe me?"
(d) "Have I offended you?"
3. Who was Pompey before the civil war?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A prominent senator.
(c) Caesar's co-ruler.
(d) The leader of Egypt.
4. Where is the first meeting of conspirators held?
(a) The senate house.
(b) The house of Cassius.
(c) A public square.
(d) Pompey's amphitheatre.
5. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) His angry demeanor.
(b) His quiet, contemplative look.
(c) His hungry look.
(d) His lack of eye contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crowd's response to the last question Brutus asks after Caesar's assassination?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
3. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What day is Caesar assassinated?
5. How did Cassius tempt the Gods to strike him with lightening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
2. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
5. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
6. What does Lucius find in Brutus' study that convinces Brutus to join the conspiracy?
7. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
8. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
9. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
10. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)