|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Cuts her finger.
(b) Stabs herself in the leg.
(c) Swears an oath.
(d) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
2. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(b) His blood will renew Rome.
(c) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(d) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
3. Who becomes the leader of the conspirators the day before the assassination?
4. Which of the other conspirators have suffered loss of sleep over the matter of Caesar's assassination?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(b) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(c) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. Who is the one person in this play who interprets a personal dream correctly?
5. Why are these superstitions in Act 2, Scene 2 so odd to hear from Calpurnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
2. What happens to Cato and Lucius after Brutus urges his men to hold up their heads in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
4. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
5. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
6. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
7. Who accompanies Lucius to Brutus' army camp?
8. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
9. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
10. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)