|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
(a) He will give new life and vitality to Rome.
(b) He will die when his mission has been fulfilled.
(c) His blood will renew Rome.
(d) He will be a wellspring of life and love for the Senate.
2. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
3. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
(d) The Senate.
4. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Stabs herself in the leg.
(b) Swears an oath.
(c) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
(d) Cuts her finger.
5. Where is Caesar returning from in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A building excavation of Rome.
(b) Treaty talks with Greece.
(c) A trip to Egypt.
(d) War with Pompey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
3. Why does Caesar tell Decius about Calpurnia's dream about his death?
4. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
5. Why is Brutus not running in the same race that Antony is at the celebration for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
2. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
3. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
4. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
5. According to Marullus, who did the people used to honor before Caesar won their hearts?
6. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
7. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
8. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
9. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
10. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)