|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 noon.
2. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(d) Marc Antony.
3. What is Caesar's last warning of his impending doom on the day of his assassination?
(a) Brutus' warning.
(b) The priests' omens.
(c) Calpurnia's dream.
(d) Artemidrous' letter.
4. Who is the only conspirator who is encouraging the plot to assassinate Caesar out of unselfish goals?
5. What does Brutus think power would do to his friend Caesar?
(a) Make him whole.
(b) Drive him insane.
(c) Put him in danger.
(d) Change him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What do Marullus and Flavius plan to do as they continue their march to the Capitol in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Brutus compare Caesar to as he contemplates Caesar while alone in his garden?
4. Who does Marullus stop in the street at the beginning of the play?
5. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
3. What does Cassius do in Act 1, Scene 3 to get Brutus to join him in the conspiracy?
4. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
5. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
6. Why does Brutus refuse to swear an oath with the conspirators?
7. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
8. What does Casca think all the bad omens in Rome are an indication of?
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)