Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero last see an owl when he is talking to Casca?
(d) Early Morning.
2. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(b) A naked warrior.
(c) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
3. What does Caesar say would make him a coward after Calpurnia tells him her worries in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Heeding the words of a woman.
(b) Believing in superstitions.
(c) Fearing death.
(d) Not attending the senate.
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
(a) A knife.
(b) An edict from Caesar.
(c) An anonymous letter.
(d) A threat.
5. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The storm that rages about them.
(b) A curse.
(c) The battle brewing in Rome.
(d) The lions in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
2. What will happen if Caesar does not pay attention to what the man waiting for Caeser to leave his house gives him?
3. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, who/what does Brutus say he loved more than Caesar?
5. What does Portia hope will happen at the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
2. What has Caesar deemed worth of a celebration at the beginning of the play?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
4. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
5. Why does Marc Antony want to get a hold of Caesar's Will?
6. What does Brutus want the inactive legions to do?
7. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
8. What does a soothsayer say to Caesar during the celebration in Act 1?
9. What does Brutus say when Cassius accuses Brutus in Act 4, Scene 2 of wronging him?
10. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)