|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus say Caesar would have done to the people of Rome had he been allowed to live?
(a) Turn them into slaves.
(b) Tax them to death.
(c) Take advantage of their trust and loyalty.
(d) Led them to unending war.
2. What does Portia do to prove she is strong enough to hear Brutus' secret?
(a) Cuts her finger.
(b) Swears an oath.
(c) Stabs herself in the leg.
(d) Tells Brutus an evil secret of her own.
3. Who else has given Caesar a letter on the day of his assassination?
(c) Marc Antony.
4. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, how does Brutus say he feels about honor?
(a) He hopes some honor will make his wife proud of him.
(b) He loves honor more than he fears death.
(c) He wants honor, but so much to kill for it.
(d) He feels honor is subjective and frail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
2. Who is most upset about the people's celebration of Caesar in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Cassius feel about the chaos in the city when he is talking to Casca in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who leads Antony away from the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
5. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
2. Why does Brutus say he will not be running in the race during the celebration?
3. Who does Portia go to for news about the events at the Senate House in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is Artemidorus's occupation?
5. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
6. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
7. What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband?
8. Why does Caesar want Antony to strike his wife with a thong of goatskin?
9. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
10. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)