|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the people used to honor before Caesar?
(b) Marc Antony.
2. Which of these bad omens in Act 2, Scene 2 has Calpurnia NOT seen?
(a) A naked warrior.
(b) Warriors fighting among the clouds.
(c) A lion giving birth in the streets.
(d) Dead emerging from their graves.
3. Why is the cobbler not working at the beginning of the play?
(a) He has given himself a holiday.
(b) He is using that day for religious observance.
(c) He has injured himself and is unable to work.
(d) He completed all of his work.
4. Who is the first person to warn Caesar of his assassination?
(b) A soothsayer.
5. What does Metellus ask of Caesar on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) For his brother's banishment to be revoked.
(b) For a day to be set apart to pay homage to Pompey.
(c) For a raise in pay for the Senators.
(d) For a public knowledge of the future war plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassius ask to deliver his false letters to Brutus?
2. What is the soothsayer's response to Portia's question to him on the day of Caesar's assassination?
3. Why was the wound Brutus gave Caesar the worst of them all?
4. What does Brutus say will result from Caesar's assassination?
5. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
2. What do Cassius and Brutus do as they see the crowd turning against them during Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Casca so frightened and breathless when he meets Cicero on the street?
4. Why are the people so happy to see Caesar reject the crown as Emperor of Rome?
5. What does Metellus ask of Caesar just before he is assassinated?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
7. What does Brutus tell the crowd to look on as he addresses them after Caesar's assassination?
8. What does Artemidorus do to try and warn Caesar about his impending assassination?
9. What is the only reason Brutus would want to hurt his friend, Caesar?
10. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)