|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Caesar as Cassius and Brutus have their private discussion during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He has an epileptic fit.
(b) He abdicates the throne.
(c) He faints.
(d) He is crowned king.
2. Where is the person who is waiting for Caesar on the day of his assassination standing when he leaves his house?
(a) On a stack of wood.
(b) In the street.
(c) In the public town square.
(d) At the gate.
3. What are the conspirators going to do in Act 2, Scene 3 once they reach the Senate house after passing Artemidorus?
(a) Crown Caesar.
(b) Banish Caesar.
(c) Pay tribute to Caesar.
(d) Kill Caesar.
4. What does Brutus offer the people if they do not agree with what he did for Rome by assassinating Caesar?
(a) To be stripped of his title as a senator.
(b) To be put to death.
(c) To serve the people as a slave.
(d) To be banished.
5. Who is the first person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caesar celebrating in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does a soothsayer tell Caesar in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What time do Cassius and Casca plan to go talk with Brutus after the first meeting of the conspirators?
4. What does Lucius find in Brutus's study just before Cassius comes to visit with Brutus?
5. What time do the conspirators plan to kill Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caesar decide to wait to read the letter from Artemidorus?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Cicero so unconcerned with the strange happenings in Rome?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, why is Caesar so surprised when more senators join Metullus's cause after Brutus has already been denied?
4. Why does Calpurnia disagree with Caesar's statement that all the bad omens she has seen could be meant for anyone in Rome?
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
6. What does Decius do to convince Caesar to come to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
7. What do Flavius and Marullus plan to do as they journey to the Capitol at the beginning of the play?
8. What does Artemidorus say will happen if Caesar does not read his letter?
9. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
10. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)