Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Caesar refuse the crown offered him by Antony?
2. What does Caesar say about the signs Calpurnia has seen of impending doom?
(a) They could be meant for any man.
(b) He will risk the chance of death to uphold his honor.
(c) They are figments of her imagination.
(d) He does not believe in signs.
3. What does the second person to address the crowd after Caesar's assassination bring with him when he speaks to the crowd?
(a) Caesar's crown.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) A vial of Caesar's blood.
(d) Caesar's body.
4. What is Casca so concerned about when he first meets Cicero in Act 1, Scene 3
(a) The storm that rages about them.
(b) The battle brewing in Rome.
(c) A curse.
(d) The lions in the forest.
5. What does Portia ask of a soothsayer after Lucius leaves for the Senate House on the day of Caesar's assassination?
(a) What will happen to Brutus?
(b) How long will Caesar live?
(c) What will become of Caesar?
(d) What will happen to Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antony read to the people as part of his eulogy for Caesar?
2. What about Cassius makes Caesar so uncomfortable during the celebration in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Antony want to meet with Brutus when he hears of Caesar's assassination?
4. How does Decius interpret Calpurnia's dream about Caesar's death?
5. What about Cicero does Metellus think would add viability to their assassination plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, what are Cassius and Brutus doing now that they have fled Rome?
2. What does the mob do to Cinna the poet when they hear his name?
3. What does Marc Antony read to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 2 that turns them all against Brutus and the conspirators?
4. What does the mob want to do to punish the conspirators who killed Caesar?
5. What does Caesar do when the conspirators come to his house to escort him to the Senate House on the day of his assassination?
6. Who is the first person to stab Caesar?
7. Why does Brutus feel that killing Marc Antony is an unneeded part of their assassination plot?
8. Where has Brutus set up his army camp?
9. What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails?
10. What does the crowd chant after Brutus offers himself up for crucifixion for the assassination of Caesar?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)