|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
(a) Avenging Caesar's death.
(b) Keeping peace.
(c) Gaining power.
(d) Strengthening Rome.
2. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
(b) Grows weary of the truth and right.
(c) Tell falsehoods.
(d) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
3. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
(a) He trusts him completely.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(d) He is jealous of him.
4. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
5. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A liar.
(b) A coward.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A fool.
6. What is Cinna's profession?
7. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Slaps Cassius back.
(b) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(c) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(d) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
8. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) He is surprised and scared.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is angry and indignant.
(d) It is exactly what he intended.
9. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
10. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(b) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(c) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(d) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
11. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(c) No harm.
12. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) Prays to the gods for victory.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Mourns loudly.
13. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His fenced fighting ring.
(b) His gardens.
(c) His country land.
(d) His main house.
14. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(b) Breaks down in tears.
(c) Spits on Brutus.
(d) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
15. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
(b) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
(c) He loves honor more than his life.
(d) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
2. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
3. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)