|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Portia die?
(a) She swallowed fire.
(b) She stabbed herself.
(c) She jumped off the Senate House.
(d) She drank poison.
2. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) His wife's image.
(b) A golden haze in the clouds.
(c) The end of the battle.
(d) Caesar's ghost.
3. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) Prays to the gods for victory.
(b) Mourns loudly.
(d) Kills himself.
4. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) He is surrounded by horesemen.
(b) He begins hand-to-hand combat with enemy forces outside the tent.
(c) He is killed instantly.
(d) He is successful in putting out the fire.
5. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His fenced fighting ring.
(b) His gardens.
(c) His country land.
(d) His main house.
6. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
7. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Fleeing Rome.
(b) Begging forgiveness.
(c) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(d) Forming an army.
8. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Quarrel in front of the men.
(b) Lose hope.
(c) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(d) Question his loyalty.
9. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
10. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He is jealous of him.
(b) He trusts him completely.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
11. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Slaps Cassius back.
(b) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(c) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(d) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
12. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
(a) Marc Antony.
13. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(b) He cursed them.
(c) He is there with him now.
(d) He is mighty in death.
14. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They have hope for peace.
(b) They want their men to think they want peace.
(c) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(d) It is customary.
15. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius kill himself?
2. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
3. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
5. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)