|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
2. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) Caesar's ghost.
(b) His wife's image.
(c) A golden haze in the clouds.
(d) The end of the battle.
3. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
(a) Hold up their heads.
(b) Honor their fallen leaders.
(d) Fight with vigor.
4. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
5. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The placement of his title.
(b) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
(c) The property inheritances.
(d) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
6. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(b) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(c) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(d) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
7. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(d) No harm.
8. How did Portia die?
(a) She drank poison.
(b) She stabbed herself.
(c) She swallowed fire.
(d) She jumped off the Senate House.
9. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
10. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
(a) To be killed.
(b) To be treated kindly.
(c) To be tortured for information.
(d) To be held captive.
11. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
(a) Avenging Caesar's death.
(b) Gaining power.
(c) Strengthening Rome.
(d) Keeping peace.
12. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Slaps Cassius back.
(b) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(c) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(d) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
13. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A liar.
14. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
15. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Snakes in the water.
(b) Kites flying overhead.
(c) Ravens flying.
(d) Crows in formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
2. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
3. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
4. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
5. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)