|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) Blessings of safety and protection.
(b) An acre of land.
(c) 75 coins.
(d) A share of his storehouses.
2. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Take them into his own regiment.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Brand them all as traitors.
(d) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
3. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A coward.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A fool.
(d) A liar.
4. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) He begins hand-to-hand combat with enemy forces outside the tent.
(b) He is successful in putting out the fire.
(c) He is surrounded by horesemen.
(d) He is killed instantly.
5. What is Cinna's profession?
6. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
(b) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
(c) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(d) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
7. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To his house.
(b) To the Senate House.
(c) To the marketplace.
(d) To Caesar's funeral.
8. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
9. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Walk with him.
(b) Begin beating him.
(c) Search him for weapons.
(d) Ask him who he is.
10. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A servant.
(c) A poet.
(d) A shepherd.
11. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
12. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
(a) Fight with vigor.
(b) Hold up their heads.
(d) Honor their fallen leaders.
13. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(a) His horse.
(c) His standard.
(d) His wife.
14. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
15. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
(b) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(c) Brutus' speech.
(d) The sight of Caesar's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
2. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
3. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
4. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)