|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
(b) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
(c) The property inheritances.
(d) The placement of his title.
2. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(c) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
(d) To the north of the battlefield.
3. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A poet.
(d) A servant.
4. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was like a brother.
(b) He got what he deserved.
(c) He was the noblest Roman.
(d) He was the cruelest of traitors.
5. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) He begins hand-to-hand combat with enemy forces outside the tent.
(b) He is surrounded by horesemen.
(c) He is successful in putting out the fire.
(d) He is killed instantly.
6. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The sight of Caesar's body.
(b) Brutus' speech.
(c) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
(d) Marc Antony's eulogy.
7. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Snakes in the water.
(b) Crows in formation.
(c) Kites flying overhead.
(d) Ravens flying.
8. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(d) No harm.
9. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
(a) A sacred oath.
(b) A three-man government.
(c) A triumvirate.
(d) A band of brothers.
10. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Faints from exhaustion.
(b) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(c) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(d) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
11. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
12. What is Cinna's profession?
13. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
(b) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(c) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
(d) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
14. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(b) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(c) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(d) Make a plan to escape Rome.
15. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's Will.
(b) Caesar's property listings.
(c) Caesar's money pouch.
(d) Caesar's sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
2. How did Portia die?
3. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)