|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Take them into his own regiment.
(c) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
(d) Brand them all as traitors.
2. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(b) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
(c) He loves honor more than his life.
(d) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
3. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Question his loyalty.
(b) Lose hope.
(c) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(d) Quarrel in front of the men.
4. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(b) He is jealous of him.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He trusts him completely.
5. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Ravens flying.
(b) Kites flying overhead.
(c) Crows in formation.
(d) Snakes in the water.
6. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He knows his honor is lost.
(b) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(c) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(d) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
7. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fool.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A coward.
8. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(b) He is there with him now.
(c) He is mighty in death.
(d) He cursed them.
9. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's property listings.
(b) Caesar's Will.
(c) Caesar's sword.
(d) Caesar's money pouch.
10. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
11. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) To the north of the battlefield.
(c) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
12. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His country land.
(b) His gardens.
(c) His main house.
(d) His fenced fighting ring.
13. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(b) Create a distance.
(c) Try to listen.
(d) Get ready for the night watch.
14. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The placement of his title.
(b) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
(c) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
(d) The property inheritances.
15. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
(a) Bury it in peace.
(b) Place wreathes of flowers on it.
(c) Bring the holy men to cleanse the body.
(d) Burn it at the holy place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
2. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
3. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
4. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
5. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)