|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
(b) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
(c) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(d) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
2. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
3. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) Caesar's ghost.
(b) The end of the battle.
(c) A golden haze in the clouds.
(d) His wife's image.
4. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They want their men to think they want peace.
(b) It is customary.
(c) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(d) They have hope for peace.
5. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His country land.
(b) His gardens.
(c) His main house.
(d) His fenced fighting ring.
6. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(b) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
(c) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(d) He knows his honor is lost.
7. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
(b) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
(c) Cassius was polite, but cold.
(d) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
8. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
(a) Keeping peace.
(b) Gaining power.
(c) Strengthening Rome.
(d) Avenging Caesar's death.
9. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(b) His horse.
(c) His wife.
(d) His standard.
10. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Caring too much for power and praise.
(b) Having a fickle spirit.
(c) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
(d) Having a weak constitution.
11. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Begin beating him.
(b) Search him for weapons.
(c) Ask him who he is.
(d) Walk with him.
12. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
(b) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(c) Cassius seems to be drunk.
(d) Cassius does this in front of his men.
13. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) He knows the real Brutus would never allow himself to be taken captive.
(b) He cannot recognize him.
(c) He knows Lucilius is not Brutus.
(d) He laughs.
14. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To the Senate House.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the marketplace.
(d) To Caesar's funeral.
15. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Grows weary of the truth and right.
(b) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
(c) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
(d) Tell falsehoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
3. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
4. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
5. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)