|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A liar.
2. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) Brutus' speech.
(b) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(c) The sight of Caesar's body.
(d) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
3. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is surprised and scared.
(c) He is angry and indignant.
(d) It is exactly what he intended.
4. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
(b) He loves honor more than his life.
(c) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(d) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
5. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(b) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(c) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
(d) He knows his honor is lost.
6. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(b) Begging forgiveness.
(c) Forming an army.
(d) Fleeing Rome.
7. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
(a) He is jealous of him.
(b) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He trusts him completely.
8. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
(b) Brand them all as traitors.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Take them into his own regiment.
9. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) Kills himself.
(c) Prays to the gods for victory.
(d) Mourns loudly.
10. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) He cannot recognize him.
(b) He knows the real Brutus would never allow himself to be taken captive.
(c) He knows Lucilius is not Brutus.
(d) He laughs.
11. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
12. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Cry and pray for Rome.
(b) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(c) Try to find a truce.
(d) Insult each other.
13. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(b) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(c) Slaps Cassius back.
(d) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
14. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Find out if Brutus is alive.
(b) Sound the horns of victory loud and clear.
(c) Take an account of the progress of battle.
(d) Deliver a letter to Octavius.
15. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a fickle spirit.
(b) Having a weak constitution.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
3. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
4. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
5. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)