|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Took over the assassination plot.
(b) Never praised him in public for his part in the assassination.
(c) Ignored a letter of defense for a man accused of taking bribes.
(d) Didn't give Cassius as much power as he wanted.
2. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(b) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(c) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(d) Faints from exhaustion.
3. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(b) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(c) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(d) He is in the way.
4. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) He knows the real Brutus would never allow himself to be taken captive.
(b) He knows Lucilius is not Brutus.
(c) He cannot recognize him.
(d) He laughs.
5. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was the cruelest of traitors.
(b) He was the noblest Roman.
(c) He got what he deserved.
(d) He was like a brother.
6. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Take an account of the progress of battle.
(b) Find out if Brutus is alive.
(c) Sound the horns of victory loud and clear.
(d) Deliver a letter to Octavius.
7. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is angry and indignant.
(c) He is surprised and scared.
(d) It is exactly what he intended.
8. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(a) Marc Antony.
9. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
10. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(b) He knows his honor is lost.
(c) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(d) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
11. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
12. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His main house.
(b) His fenced fighting ring.
(c) His country land.
(d) His gardens.
13. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
14. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To his house.
(b) To the Senate House.
(c) To the marketplace.
(d) To Caesar's funeral.
15. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's sword.
(b) Caesar's money pouch.
(c) Caesar's property listings.
(d) Caesar's Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
2. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
3. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
4. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
5. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)