|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Spits on Brutus.
(b) Breaks down in tears.
(c) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(d) Slaps Brutus across the face.
2. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) He begins hand-to-hand combat with enemy forces outside the tent.
(b) He is successful in putting out the fire.
(c) He is surrounded by horesemen.
(d) He is killed instantly.
3. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
(b) Tell falsehoods.
(c) Grows weary of the truth and right.
(d) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
4. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a weak constitution.
(b) Having a fickle spirit.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
5. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) A golden haze in the clouds.
(b) His wife's image.
(c) Caesar's ghost.
(d) The end of the battle.
6. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(b) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
(c) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
(d) He loves honor more than his life.
7. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is angry and indignant.
(c) He is surprised and scared.
(d) It is exactly what he intended.
8. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
9. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
10. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Try to find a truce.
(b) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(c) Cry and pray for Rome.
(d) Insult each other.
11. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
12. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
13. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
14. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(b) He is in the way.
(c) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(d) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
15. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(b) They want their men to think they want peace.
(c) They have hope for peace.
(d) It is customary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
2. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
4. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
5. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)