|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Deliver a letter to Octavius.
(b) Sound the horns of victory loud and clear.
(c) Take an account of the progress of battle.
(d) Find out if Brutus is alive.
2. Where is Cinna walking when the mob finds him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To his house.
(b) To the marketplace.
(c) To Caesar's funeral.
(d) To the Senate House.
3. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
(a) Bury it in peace.
(b) Burn it at the holy place.
(c) Place wreathes of flowers on it.
(d) Bring the holy men to cleanse the body.
4. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) He needs his master's money.
(b) They are losing.
(c) They need one leader to survive.
(d) Cassius's tent is on fire.
5. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He trusts him completely.
(b) He is jealous of him.
(c) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(d) He dislikes him.
6. What are Marc Antony's plans in Act 4, Scene 1 made to accomplish?
(a) Keeping peace.
(b) Avenging Caesar's death.
(c) Gaining power.
(d) Strengthening Rome.
7. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(b) Marc Antony.
8. How does Marc Antony feel about Ledpidus as a person?
(a) He dislikes him.
(b) He trusts him completely.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
9. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They want their men to think they want peace.
(b) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(c) They have hope for peace.
(d) It is customary.
10. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
(b) The placement of his title.
(c) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
(d) The property inheritances.
11. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
12. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
(a) He called many of the people by name.
(b) He came down from the podium and walked among the people.
(c) He cried.
(d) He did not use lofty words.
13. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
14. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
(b) Grows weary of the truth and right.
(c) Tell falsehoods.
(d) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
15. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
2. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
4. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
5. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)