|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
2. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was the noblest Roman.
(b) He was like a brother.
(c) He got what he deserved.
(d) He was the cruelest of traitors.
3. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His main house.
(b) His gardens.
(c) His country land.
(d) His fenced fighting ring.
4. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(b) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(c) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(d) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
5. What is Cinna's profession?
6. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(c) No harm.
7. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
(b) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
(c) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(d) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
8. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Brand them all as traitors.
(b) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
(c) Take them into his own regiment.
(d) Kill them.
9. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
10. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
(b) Having a fickle spirit.
(c) Having a weak constitution.
(d) Caring too much for power and praise.
11. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
12. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) They are losing.
(b) He needs his master's money.
(c) They need one leader to survive.
(d) Cassius's tent is on fire.
13. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A coward.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fool.
14. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
15. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(b) Marc Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassius kill himself?
2. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
4. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
5. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)