|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Make a plan to escape Rome.
(b) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(c) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(d) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
2. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His country land.
(b) His fenced fighting ring.
(c) His gardens.
(d) His main house.
3. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Brand them all as traitors.
(c) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
(d) Take them into his own regiment.
4. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(d) Marc Antony.
5. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Ask him who he is.
(b) Walk with him.
(c) Begin beating him.
(d) Search him for weapons.
6. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
(b) Cassius was polite, but cold.
(c) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
(d) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
7. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(a) His wife.
(b) His standard.
(d) His horse.
8. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A servant.
(d) A poet.
9. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was the cruelest of traitors.
(b) He was the noblest Roman.
(c) He was like a brother.
(d) He got what he deserved.
10. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(b) Slaps Cassius back.
(c) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(d) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
11. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
(b) Having a weak constitution.
(c) Caring too much for power and praise.
(d) Having a fickle spirit.
12. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
(b) Marc Antony.
13. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be left on the battlefield.
(b) It is to be cast into the sea.
(c) It is to be buried with respect.
(d) It is to be cremated.
14. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(b) They want their men to think they want peace.
(c) It is customary.
(d) They have hope for peace.
15. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
(a) To be held captive.
(b) To be tortured for information.
(c) To be killed.
(d) To be treated kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
3. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Why does Cassius kill himself?
5. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)