|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
(a) To be held captive.
(b) To be tortured for information.
(c) To be killed.
(d) To be treated kindly.
2. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His main house.
(b) His country land.
(c) His fenced fighting ring.
(d) His gardens.
3. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A fool.
(c) A coward.
(d) A liar.
4. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
(b) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(c) Cassius seems to be drunk.
(d) Cassius does this in front of his men.
6. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Breaks down in tears.
(b) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(c) Spits on Brutus.
(d) Slaps Brutus across the face.
7. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Lose hope.
(b) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(c) Question his loyalty.
(d) Quarrel in front of the men.
8. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They have hope for peace.
(b) It is customary.
(c) They want their men to think they want peace.
(d) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
9. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Took over the assassination plot.
(b) Didn't give Cassius as much power as he wanted.
(c) Never praised him in public for his part in the assassination.
(d) Ignored a letter of defense for a man accused of taking bribes.
10. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
(b) Brutus' speech.
(c) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(d) The sight of Caesar's body.
11. What is Cinna's profession?
12. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
(a) His tent.
(b) The ground.
(c) A rock.
(d) On Cassius's grave.
13. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Cry and pray for Rome.
(b) Try to find a truce.
(c) Insult each other.
(d) Offer up their own offers of peace.
14. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
15. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
2. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
3. Why does Cassius kill himself?
4. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
5. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)