|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marc Antony want to change in Caesar's will after conversing with Octavius?
(a) The placement of his title.
(b) The property inheritances.
(c) The amount of money given to his beneficiaries.
(d) The amount of money given to the citizens of Rome.
2. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(b) They have hope for peace.
(c) They want their men to think they want peace.
(d) It is customary.
3. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(d) Marc Antony.
4. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
5. How did Portia die?
(a) She swallowed fire.
(b) She drank poison.
(c) She jumped off the Senate House.
(d) She stabbed herself.
6. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) To the north of the battlefield.
(c) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(d) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
7. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
(a) Ravens flying.
(b) Crows in formation.
(c) Kites flying overhead.
(d) Snakes in the water.
8. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
9. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
(b) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(c) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
(d) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
10. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(b) He cursed them.
(c) He is mighty in death.
(d) He is there with him now.
11. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Brand them all as traitors.
(b) Take them into his own regiment.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
12. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
(a) The ground.
(b) A rock.
(c) His tent.
(d) On Cassius's grave.
13. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) To Cassius's own personal quarters.
(b) Into his personal tent.
(c) On a walk through the country.
(d) To the mess tent.
14. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
(d) Marc Antony.
15. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
2. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
3. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
5. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)