|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(b) To the north of the battlefield.
(c) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(d) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
2. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The sight of Caesar's body.
(b) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(c) Brutus' speech.
(d) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
3. How does Octavius feel about Lepidus as a person?
(a) He thinks he is a good man and a seasoned soldier.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He trusts him completely.
4. How does Marc Antony feel about the chaos and confusion his speech causes?
(a) It is exactly what he intended.
(b) He is angry and indignant.
(c) He is surprised and scared.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(a) His horse.
(c) His standard.
(d) His wife.
6. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(b) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(c) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(d) Faints from exhaustion.
7. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Fleeing Rome.
(b) Begging forgiveness.
(c) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(d) Forming an army.
8. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(b) Spits on Brutus.
(c) Breaks down in tears.
(d) Slaps Brutus across the face.
9. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be left on the battlefield.
(b) It is to be cremated.
(c) It is to be buried with respect.
(d) It is to be cast into the sea.
10. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He was the cruelest of traitors.
(b) He was like a brother.
(c) He was the noblest Roman.
(d) He got what he deserved.
11. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Lose hope.
(b) Quarrel in front of the men.
(c) Question his loyalty.
(d) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
12. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(b) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(c) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(d) Make a plan to escape Rome.
13. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
14. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
(b) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(c) Slaps Cassius back.
(d) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
15. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(b) They have hope for peace.
(c) They want their men to think they want peace.
(d) It is customary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
2. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
3. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
4. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
5. What does Marc Antony do during his speech to make himself seem more approachable?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)