|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) To Cassius's own personal quarters.
(b) On a walk through the country.
(c) Into his personal tent.
(d) To the mess tent.
2. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(b) Faints from exhaustion.
(c) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(d) Embraces Brutus warmly.
3. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) An acre of land.
(b) A share of his storehouses.
(c) Blessings of safety and protection.
(d) 75 coins.
4. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
(a) Writes to Marc Antony to try and win him over.
(b) Begins creating an army.
(c) Convinces Cassius to make an attack on Rome.
(d) Devises his plan.
5. What is Brutus most worried about after leaving Rome?
(a) He has not heard from his wife since he left Rome.
(b) He is afraid Marc Antony will try and kill him.
(c) He thinks Cassius's feelings towards him have changed.
(d) He cannot find enough men to fight with him.
6. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A poet.
(d) A servant.
7. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Fleeing Rome.
(b) Forming an army.
(c) Begging forgiveness.
(d) Praying to the Gods for victory.
8. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Along the Southeast border of the battlefield.
(b) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Up the right side of the battlefield.
9. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
(a) A band of brothers.
(b) A triumvirate.
(c) A sacred oath.
(d) A three-man government.
10. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
(a) He got what he deserved.
(b) He was the cruelest of traitors.
(c) He was the noblest Roman.
(d) He was like a brother.
11. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(c) No harm.
12. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
(a) Hold up their heads.
(b) Fight with vigor.
(d) Honor their fallen leaders.
13. What is Cinna's profession?
14. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Too many soldiers have fallen too quickly.
(b) Octavius's wing is weakening.
(c) Their armor is too weak against the triple tipped arrows that Antony has supplied his army with.
(d) He is an inexperienced soldier.
15. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Take them into his own regiment.
(c) Brand them all as traitors.
(d) Allow them a time of respite to bury their dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
2. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
3. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)