|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Attack Octavius's wing.
(b) Double arm themselves against the archers.
(c) Send reinforcements.
(d) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
2. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(b) Faints from exhaustion.
(c) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(d) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
3. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
(a) A three-man government.
(b) A sacred oath.
(c) A band of brothers.
(d) A triumvirate.
4. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be cast into the sea.
(b) It is to be cremated.
(c) It is to be buried with respect.
(d) It is to be left on the battlefield.
5. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
6. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) Cassius's tent is on fire.
(b) He needs his master's money.
(c) They are losing.
(d) They need one leader to survive.
7. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Into his personal tent.
(b) To the mess tent.
(c) To Cassius's own personal quarters.
(d) On a walk through the country.
8. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(b) Try to listen.
(c) Get ready for the night watch.
(d) Create a distance.
9. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(b) He is there with him now.
(c) He cursed them.
(d) He is mighty in death.
10. What does Marc Antony compare Lepidus to after he leaves the meeting with Antony and Octavius?
(a) His horse.
(b) His standard.
(d) His wife.
11. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
12. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His gardens.
(b) His country land.
(c) His fenced fighting ring.
(d) His main house.
13. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
(d) Marc Antony.
14. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
15. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(a) No harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
2. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
3. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
4. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)