|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) Cassius's tent is on fire.
(b) He needs his master's money.
(c) They need one leader to survive.
(d) They are losing.
2. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Took over the assassination plot.
(b) Didn't give Cassius as much power as he wanted.
(c) Ignored a letter of defense for a man accused of taking bribes.
(d) Never praised him in public for his part in the assassination.
3. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Attack Octavius's wing.
(b) Send reinforcements.
(c) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
(d) Double arm themselves against the archers.
4. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Question his loyalty.
(b) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(c) Lose hope.
(d) Quarrel in front of the men.
5. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Cry and pray for Rome.
(b) Try to find a truce.
(c) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(d) Insult each other.
6. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Spain?
(b) Marc Antony.
7. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They have hope for peace.
(b) It is customary.
(c) They want their men to think they want peace.
(d) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
8. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Into his personal tent.
(b) To Cassius's own personal quarters.
(c) To the mess tent.
(d) On a walk through the country.
9. What is Cinna's profession?
10. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Search him for weapons.
(b) Ask him who he is.
(c) Walk with him.
(d) Begin beating him.
11. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
(b) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(c) Cassius seems to be drunk.
(d) Cassius does this in front of his men.
12. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(b) Faints from exhaustion.
(c) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(d) Delivers grave news from Rome.
13. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) He is an inexperienced soldier.
(b) Too many soldiers have fallen too quickly.
(c) Their armor is too weak against the triple tipped arrows that Antony has supplied his army with.
(d) Octavius's wing is weakening.
14. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
15. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He cursed them.
(b) He is there with him now.
(c) He is mighty in death.
(d) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
2. What happens when Titinius goes to check on Cassius's tent in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. What does Antony say of Brutus when he sees he is dead?
4. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
5. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)