|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He pretends to die.
(b) He pledges his loyalty to Caesar.
(c) He dies.
(d) He joins the mob.
2. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
(a) He needs his master's money.
(b) Cassius's tent is on fire.
(c) They are losing.
(d) They need one leader to survive.
3. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
(a) It is to be left on the battlefield.
(b) It is to be buried with respect.
(c) It is to be cremated.
(d) It is to be cast into the sea.
4. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) It is customary.
(b) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(c) They have hope for peace.
(d) They want their men to think they want peace.
5. What portion of Caesar's property did he leave the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) His fenced fighting ring.
(b) His country land.
(c) His main house.
(d) His gardens.
6. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
7. What does Brutus do after he leaves Rome?
(a) Convinces Cassius to make an attack on Rome.
(b) Begins creating an army.
(c) Writes to Marc Antony to try and win him over.
(d) Devises his plan.
8. What does Lucilius offer a soldier who captures him to kill him?
(d) No harm.
9. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Attack Octavius's wing.
(b) Double arm themselves against the archers.
(c) Send reinforcements.
(d) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
10. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) To the north of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
(d) Up the left side of the battlefield.
11. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
(a) Bury it in peace.
(b) Bring the holy men to cleanse the body.
(c) Burn it at the holy place.
(d) Place wreathes of flowers on it.
12. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
13. What do the men do when Cassius and Brutus begin a private discussion just after Cassius arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Try to listen.
(b) Get ready for the night watch.
(c) Begin quarrelling with each other.
(d) Create a distance.
14. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) A share of his storehouses.
(b) 75 coins.
(c) An acre of land.
(d) Blessings of safety and protection.
15. What does Brutus do after the climax of his argument with Cassius?
(a) Calms down and forgives Cassius.
(b) Wipes his face and kisses Cassius on the cheek.
(c) Slaps Cassius back.
(d) Comforts Cassius and promises to be true always.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
2. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
3. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
4. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
5. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Africa?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)