|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They have hope for peace.
(b) It is customary.
(c) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
(d) They want their men to think they want peace.
2. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
3. What causes the mob to become so angry after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The sight of Caesar's body.
(b) Marc Antony's eulogy.
(c) Brutus' speech.
(d) The blood stained robes of the conspirators.
4. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(b) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(c) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(d) Make a plan to escape Rome.
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
(b) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(c) Cassius does this in front of his men.
(d) Cassius seems to be drunk.
6. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
(a) Hold up their heads.
(b) Honor their fallen leaders.
(d) Fight with vigor.
7. What did Brutus do to wrong Cassius in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Didn't give Cassius as much power as he wanted.
(b) Never praised him in public for his part in the assassination.
(c) Ignored a letter of defense for a man accused of taking bribes.
(d) Took over the assassination plot.
8. What does Brutus tell Cassius he never does when Cassius arrives at his camp?
(a) Weakens his regard for the Republic.
(b) Tell falsehoods.
(c) Wrongs his enemies - much less his friends.
(d) Grows weary of the truth and right.
9. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
10. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
(a) A poet.
(b) A servant.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A soldier.
11. Where does Brutus take Cassius when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) To Cassius's own personal quarters.
(b) To the mess tent.
(c) Into his personal tent.
(d) On a walk through the country.
12. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
(a) A three-man government.
(b) A triumvirate.
(c) A sacred oath.
(d) A band of brothers.
13. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) He cursed them.
(b) He is mighty in death.
(c) He was an evil spirit haunting them.
(d) He is there with him now.
14. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's money pouch.
(b) Caesar's property listings.
(c) Caesar's sword.
(d) Caesar's Will.
15. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) A golden haze in the clouds.
(b) Caesar's ghost.
(c) His wife's image.
(d) The end of the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marc Antony tell Octavius to take his army when Brutus's army arrives?
2. Why does Pindarus tell Cassius in Act 5, Scene 3 to get as far away from the battle as possible?
3. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
4. Who holds the sword for Brutus to fall on?
5. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)