|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mob first do when they find Cinna?
(a) Begin beating him.
(b) Search him for weapons.
(c) Ask him who he is.
(d) Walk with him.
2. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(b) Marc Antony.
3. What are Cassius and Brutus doing while Marc Antony and Octavius are talking in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Praying to the Gods for victory.
(b) Begging forgiveness.
(c) Forming an army.
(d) Fleeing Rome.
4. What does Marc Antony call Brutus during the parley that cuts most deeply to Brutus?
(a) A coward.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fool.
5. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(b) Faints from exhaustion.
(c) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(d) Delivers grave news from Rome.
6. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
7. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
9. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(b) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(c) Breaks down in tears.
(d) Spits on Brutus.
10. What does Brutus tell his men to do after he finds Cassius dead?
(a) Honor their fallen leaders.
(b) Hold up their heads.
(d) Fight with vigor.
11. Why does Brutus send a certain message to his legions during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) He is an inexperienced soldier.
(b) Their armor is too weak against the triple tipped arrows that Antony has supplied his army with.
(c) Octavius's wing is weakening.
(d) Too many soldiers have fallen too quickly.
12. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) To the north of the battlefield.
(d) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
13. What does Brutus accuse Cassius of after Cassius has explained in Act 4, Scene 3 how Brutus wronged him?
(a) Having a fickle spirit.
(b) Caring too much for power and praise.
(c) Having a weak constitution.
(d) Having an itchy palm when it comes to money.
14. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(b) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
(c) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(d) He knows his honor is lost.
15. What is Cinna's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a bad omen that Cassius sees the morning before his battle with Marc Antony?
2. Where does Brutus set up camp when he leaves Rome?
3. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
4. Who comes with Lucius to deliver his news from Cassius to Brutus?
5. Who does Brutus not want to be compared to by committing suicide?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)