|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Cassius was polite, but cold.
(b) Casisus is making plans to join Brutus in his camp.
(c) Cassius was warm and welcoming.
(d) Cassius was a nervous wreck.
2. What do Marc Antony, Octavius and Lepidus form when they meet after Caesar's assassination?
(a) A three-man government.
(b) A triumvirate.
(c) A band of brothers.
(d) A sacred oath.
3. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Why does Brutus plan to kill himself if his army begins to falter?
(a) He loves honor more than his life.
(b) His wife is dead and he wants to be with her.
(c) It will kill his guilt over killing Caesar.
(d) He would be ashamed to live when others have died.
5. What is the name of Brutus' most trusted servant?
6. What do the people do with Caesar's body after Marc Antony's eulogy?
(a) Place wreathes of flowers on it.
(b) Bury it in peace.
(c) Bring the holy men to cleanse the body.
(d) Burn it at the holy place.
7. Who does Marc Antony designate to rule Gaul?
(a) Marc Antony.
8. What does Titinius do when he sees Cassius is dead?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Prays to the gods for victory.
(c) Mourns loudly.
9. Who does Brutus send on an important errand during the battle against Marc Antony in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's Will.
(b) Caesar's property listings.
(c) Caesar's money pouch.
(d) Caesar's sword.
11. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(b) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
(c) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(d) He is in the way.
12. What does Brutus beg Cassius to not do when he arrives at Brutus's camp?
(a) Allow himself to grow weak before the battle.
(b) Lose hope.
(c) Quarrel in front of the men.
(d) Question his loyalty.
13. What does Brutus tell his hidden legions to do during the battle against Marc Antony?
(a) Replace the fallen members of the wing.
(b) Send reinforcements.
(c) Double arm themselves against the archers.
(d) Attack Octavius's wing.
14. Where does Octavius insist on taking his army when Brutus's army arrives?
(a) Along the southeast border of the battlefield.
(b) Up the right side of the battlefield.
(c) Up the left side of the battlefield.
(d) To the north of the battlefield.
15. What did Caesar leave to all the people of Rome in his Will?
(a) An acre of land.
(b) Blessings of safety and protection.
(c) A share of his storehouses.
(d) 75 coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to enter the tent to calm the fight between Cassius and Brutus?
2. What does Octavius order be done with Brutus's body?
3. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
4. What does Brutus say about Caesar when he sees Cassius is dead?
5. What does Marc Antony order two of his servants to do after Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)