|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marc Antony and Octavius do after Marc Antony's eulogy for Caesar?
(a) Reminisce about their fond memories of Caesar.
(b) Make a list of all the men who will die to avenge Caesar.
(c) Create a limitary plan to attack those members of the Senate who have fled.
(d) Make a plan to escape Rome.
2. What does Marc Antony send Lepidus to fetch after he has told him his new plan in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Caesar's Will.
(b) Caesar's sword.
(c) Caesar's property listings.
(d) Caesar's money pouch.
3. What happens to Cinna before the mob leaves him in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He dies.
(b) He pretends to die.
(c) He pledges his loyalty to Caesar.
(d) He joins the mob.
4. Who helps Cassius kill himself?
5. Why is Cassius's accusation against Brutus in the camp so shocking to Brutus?
(a) Brutus has only ever done good for Cassius.
(b) Cassius almost worshipped him the day before.
(c) Cassius seems to be drunk.
(d) Cassius does this in front of his men.
6. Where is Marc Antony's army stationed in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Cassius kill himself?
(a) He knows his honor is lost.
(b) He feels guilt over the assassination of Caesar.
(c) He thinks Titinius is dead.
(d) His legions are losing, and he refuses to die by an enemy's hand.
8. In Act 5, Scene 5, where is Brutus resting while he tries to find a servant to kill him?
(a) The ground.
(b) His tent.
(c) On Cassius's grave.
(d) A rock.
9. In Act 5, Scene 5, what does Brutus see that tells him it is his time to die?
(a) The end of the battle.
(b) A golden haze in the clouds.
(c) His wife's image.
(d) Caesar's ghost.
10. Why do the people begin beating Cinna when they meet him on the road?
(a) He is in the way.
(b) He has a symbol of Pompey on his clothing.
(c) He is not going to pay homage to Caesar.
(d) Cinna is the name of one of the conspirators.
11. Why do Marc Antony and Brutus meet for a parley when they know it will not be successful?
(a) They want their men to think they want peace.
(b) They have hope for peace.
(c) It is customary.
(d) They need to stall the time of the battle as long as possible.
12. What is the first thing Cassius does when he arrives at Brutus' camp in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Accuses Brutus of doing him wrong.
(b) Delivers grave news from Rome.
(c) Embraces Brutus warmly.
(d) Faints from exhaustion.
13. Who does Lucilius tell the soldier he is when he is captured?
14. What do the leaders do during the parley before the battle in Act 5, Scene 1 begins?
(a) Offer up their own offers of peace.
(b) Try to find a truce.
(c) Insult each other.
(d) Cry and pray for Rome.
15. What does Cassius do at the climax of his argument Brutus at Brutus's camp?
(a) Slaps Brutus across the face.
(b) Breaks down in tears.
(c) Bares his chest and asks Brutus to stab him.
(d) Spits on Brutus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Rome as Marc Antony finishes his eulogy of Caesar?
2. What does Marc Antony say when Lucilius is brought before him in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. At the end of the play, what does Octavius claim he will do to all of the men in Brutus's service?
4. What news does Lucius bring Brutus from Cassius in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Marc Antony order be done with Lucilius as he leaves to re-enter the battle?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)